Spell Casting During A Full Moon

GotH

There's a full moon out tonight.

What are some of your favorite intentions to set during this time?

Do you take the day of the week into consideration as well?

Do you use candles or crystals while doing so?

I'm just curious to know what some people do with the power of the moon..

greatdane

Oh you posted about one of my favorite things, GotH!

I love a full moon and often do intentions or "charge" during one. For me, a new moon is more about starting a new intention and a full moon more about getting rid of what I don't want, although I have done positive intentions during a full moon as well.
One of my rituals is writing something on a small bit of paper, something I wish more of, whether patience, peace, or less of, stress, etc. and then burning it.
I usually "charge" during a full moon and feel at my most energetic.

GotH

I love a full moon and often do intentions or "charge" during one. For me, a new moon is more about starting a new intention and a full moon more about getting rid of what I don't want, although I have done positive intentions during a full moon as well.
I just learned this and it goes with the whole waxing and waning bit. Waxing = becoming stronger and waning = weaker. So the full moon starts the cycle again. I think I got that right.. Waning moons are good to reverse things or cause things to diminish, while during waxing is when you want to empower something.

One of my rituals is writing something on a small bit of paper, something I wish more of, whether patience, peace, or less of, stress, etc. and then burning it.
I usually "charge" during a full moon and feel at my most energetic.

I love to charge my crystals during the full moon. Since we are made of the same kinds of minerals of the earth, I wonder if we can lay out there and charge ourselves as well. :)

I want to do something special tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.

tarotbear

IMHO - it's the Waning Moon that is best for 'removing' or diminishing something .... :cool3:

greatdane

Waning yes, but full moon seems to work

for endings or beginnings. Waning to Full, endings. New Moon for new intentions. But then I think it works with what our intentions are.

GotH

Headed out now to do my sea magic under the moon light. :D

Padma

Hmmm...I myself never have practiced during the waning moon, as it is a "negative" moon (imo!), and magic done at that time falls into the "black" aspects of the art (imo!). (However, please note, it *is* IMO and based on my own research and reading. Do as thou wilt! No judgment here! :) )

I personally dislike full moons. I was born during a new moon that was "void of course", and that is my happy time :)

Full moons are a time of hiding for me. I will stay indoors all day, only leaving the house if I must, and only then, on foot. I don't drive during full moons. And I try very hard to avoid other people. I won't usually even answer email on a full moon day!

Clearly I am befuddled this full moon, as I am waxing loquacious :) LOL! The moon is in Leo, that may have something to do with it. It is after all the "actor's moon" *ahem* look at meeee! ;) lol!

Have a good time doing your spellwork, GotH :heart: my spellwork consists purely of standing in the moonlight in my own back yard. Alone :) (werl, except for the dog :D)

greatdane

It is interesting, LotusPadma

How the moon's phases affect us all differently. I feel energized during the full moon. Waning moons I find good for endings, getting rid of things, and waxing moons, new moons, for positive intentions. While I don't find waning moons "dark", I find them a good time to do intentions for ridding of things, negative things I wish to have move along.

Padma

How the moon's phases affect us all differently. I feel energized during the full moon. Waning moons I find good for endings, getting rid of things, and waxing moons, new moons, for positive intentions. While I don't find waning moons "dark", I find them a good time to do intentions for ridding of things, negative things I wish to have move along.

My dearest GD, everyone must flow as their heart dictates. If that is what is best for you personally,go for it! :D Your heart/gut knows what is best for you.