Spirit Animals

Indygoflame

For years I have noticed that crows follow and watch me. I don't know what they are trying to tell me. I even had one walk along a fence and stop directly in front of my car. I also have had them perch at a tree I maybe looking at, once I even wished for a feather from them. Shortly afterwards I had a single feather in my path, however I was afraid to touch it for germs. The instance where one walked along the fence to sit directly in front of me was witnessed by my passenger who was also amazed at this crows actions. Just wonder if others may know what this means or what they're trying to tell me. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Thanks.

DownUnderNZer

Actually, when I was in Junior High and Senior I saw this black dog off and on and what I came to realise eventually is most times it was just me that saw it.

It scared me for some time as I could never quite understand why it appeared and there was no one I could really tell without feeling like I was crazy. My father was a deeply religious man yet very spiritual, but he would not have tolerated anything like that.

Anyways, at some point I worked out it was there to guard, protect, and even warn me and when I saw it I knew I was safe.

DND :)

celticnoodle

Yes, I've experienced this many times, with many animals--all power animals for me - some who come for a short while to help me through something, and some who seem to stay with me. Crows are your power animal, perhaps. You should google it and read all you can about crow as a power animal.

I had crow for awhile, may still have them, though I haven't had them come to me lately, so I don't really know.

This is may fave site about power animals: http://www.shamanicjourney.com/crow-power-animal-symbol-of-sacred-law-change

I looked up crow first, and was happy to also see it says this in the first paragraph-"To have a Crow as a power animal is extremely powerful stuff."

Crows are very intelligent birds. I have always loved crows. Crows are associated with mystery and magic, and changes. They are also known (as I recall) as the spirit messenger, so does any of this ring a bell with you? Are you a psychic medium or have you had any of this type of experience with communicating with spirits? Perhaps this is why crow is w/you? Maybe--or perhaps it is for another reason. So, I would recommend reading many different sites online about crows--and also look on you tube for a documentary on crows. I recall seeing one awhile ago all about crows and it was fascinating! They are an often misunderstood and unappreciated bird, I think and its a shame, because they are truly very intelligent and interesting! They even have a sense of humor (from what I recall in the documentary I saw of them).

Learning about them may answer your question as to why you always see them and why they are trying to get your attention.

Good Luck!

Indygoflame

Hi celticnoodle. Thanks for your response. My grandfather passed away yesterday, but I decided to push on to do some things for my kid. As I was travelling down a road, I came across a dead crow in the road. I instantly felt like it was symbolic of my grandfathers passing just hours before. A few days before, at the hospital, I felt optimistic about his recovery. I looked out the window and low and behold was my friend the crow. I definitely feel protection from them and a sense of solidarity. The older I get, the more these things are happening. Songs will play on the radio that I know are messages from loved ones. I believe in coincidences less and less. There is definitely a divine plan. Had it not been for going through an extremely painful experience, I might not have ever received my shift in consciousness. I will definitely look up more info on crows. I believe in Native American folk lore they are spirit messengers and also known to be tricksters. Not to far from Elegua in the Ifá religion of the Yoruba people.

Indygoflame

Hi DownUnderNZer. I totally agree with you that the black dog was and is your protecter and a guide. Pretty awesome to know the spirit of animals are working with us. And to know that spirit works through them.

Actually, when I was in Junior High and Senior I saw this black dog off and on and what I came to realise eventually is most times it was just me that saw it.

It scared me for some time as I could never quite understand why it appeared and there was no one I could really tell without feeling like I was crazy. My father was a deeply religious man yet very spiritual, but he would not have tolerated anything like that.

Anyways, at some point I worked out it was there to guard, protect, and even warn me and when I saw it I knew I was safe.

DND :)

celticnoodle

Hi celticnoodle. Thanks for your response. My grandfather passed away yesterday, but I decided to push on to do some things for my kid. As I was travelling down a road, I came across a dead crow in the road. I instantly felt like it was symbolic of my grandfathers passing just hours before. A few days before, at the hospital, I felt optimistic about his recovery. I looked out the window and low and behold was my friend the crow. I definitely feel protection from them and a sense of solidarity. The older I get, the more these things are happening. Songs will play on the radio that I know are messages from loved ones. I believe in coincidences less and less. There is definitely a divine plan. Had it not been for going through an extremely painful experience, I might not have ever received my shift in consciousness. I will definitely look up more info on crows. I believe in Native American folk lore they are spirit messengers and also known to be tricksters. Not to far from Elegua in the Ifá religion of the Yoruba people.

T.Y. for your answer, and my condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I recall in another post you mentioning he was hospitalized and ill. ((:)heart:)))

I would agree the crows - both - were messages for you re: your grandfather. I also agree that your painful experience is why perhaps your abilities are becoming known to you. Sometimes a painful life experience is what we need to go through before we are ready to begin our spiritual journey. Many people believe it is absolutely necessary and it is often referred to as the "Kundalini Experience".

You may be interested in reading about that as well, and here is a good site to start with:

http://www.kundaliniguide.com/what-is-kundalini/

Perhaps when and if you are interested, you will find some books on this. I have a few that I purchased that really helped me to understand the whole process. You can force it to happen as well--from what I understand, but most people actually begin their spiritual transformation after a major life experience occurs--and most often it is one that painful.

Indygoflame

Thank you so much for offering me a reference point to start with and being so kind as to offer a link. I will definitely check out info regarding the kundalini experience. And thank you for your condolences Celticnoodle. It really means a lot to me.