Spirit Board Practice

G6

Hey Folks!

I scored a vintage Ouija board set for $5. Was wondering who has a developed spirit board practice they would be willing to share with a newbie? Any procedure, advice, tips are most welcome!

Thanks!

G6

Tanga

LOL - I second G6's request.
Seeing as I have 2 Ouija boards in my possession for some years now.

Have a medium friend (2 actually) who I will meet with at some point who are experienced...
but, we haven't got there yet. :)

BeyondtheVeil

Are your boards made out of solid wood or plastic?

BeyondtheVeil

G6

BeyondtheVeil

Mine is an original William Fuld talking board aka Ouija. Seems to be from the 60's? The original price tag for it was $3. Does that sound right? Anyway, it seems to be wood, but the front and back are covered with stickers that have a wood pattern on one side and the board information on the other.

Here's info on the production of Wiliam Fuld's boards. Looks like it's made from pressboard. Not solid wood, but wood material.

http://www.williamfuld.com/ouija_boards_ouija.html

The indicator is plastic.

What do the materials matter?

Tanga

BeyondtheVeil

Why?

One's all wood, looking somewhat like G6's, including planchette - which slides wonderfully because it has felt stuck on the bottom. I vaguely remember being told the board was in an "original 1960's style".
The wood is quite soft and easily scratches which I'm unimpressed with.
(posted 2nd)

The other is actually Seven Star's most excellent Spirit Mat - which doesn't come with a plancette. I've found the best thing is a flat heart shaped crystal that I have. :) (slides better than an upturned shot glass - which is what was recommended).
(This one is posted 1st)

I've also got an A4 laminated print - with a plastic guitar pick as the planchette - lol
So - that's sort of 3.

Attachments

• OUIJA7.jpg
    OUIJA7.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 154
  • OUIJAwooden.jpg
    OUIJAwooden.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 153

Disa

I don't think it matters what it made of as far as whether it will work or not. Letters drawn on paper work just as well. I used one of the Parker Brothers ones from age 10 until age 18. No problems. Then a few years ago I bought one from Italy that resembles the one they used in the tv show "Charmed" just because I think it's pretty. I haven't used that one, but I thought if I ever wanted to use one again, this would be a nice heirloom for whoever is interested after me... There was no developed spirit board practice, just what was done in the beginning according to directions and improvised as we went. Keep an open mind and try not to scare yourselves. What you seek, you will find. As a 10 year old I wasn't expecting anything bad to happen, and it never did. Those who go into it with fear or ill intent may have a different outcome. It's just a tool. Use it wisely.

Tanga

I don't think it matters what it made of as far as whether it will work or not. Letters drawn on paper work just as well. I used one of the Parker Brothers ones from age 10 until age 18. No problems. Then a few years ago I bought one from Italy that resembles the one they used in the tv show "Charmed" just because I think it's pretty. I haven't used that one, but I thought if I ever wanted to use one again, this would be a nice heirloom for whoever is interested after me... There was no developed spirit board practice, just what was done in the beginning according to directions and improvised as we went. Keep an open mind and try not to scare yourselves. What you seek, you will find. As a 10 year old I wasn't expecting anything bad to happen, and it never did. Those who go into it with fear or ill intent may have a different outcome. It's just a tool. Use it wisely.

Thank you Disa.

I have DROOLED over that 'Charmed' ouija board... Lol.

G6

Why?

One's all wood, looking somewhat like G6's, including planchette - which slides wonderfully because it has felt stuck on the bottom. I vaguely remember being told the board was in an "original 1960's style".
The wood is quite soft and easily scratches which I'm unimpressed with.
(posted 2nd)

The other is actually Seven Star's most excellent Spirit Mat - which doesn't come with a plancette. I've found the best thing is a flat heart shaped crystal that I have. :) (slides better than an upturned shot glass - which is what was recommended).
(This one is posted 1st)

I've also got an A4 laminated print - with a plastic guitar pick as the planchette - lol
So - that's sort of 3.

Cool spirit board!

G6

I guess reading the directions on mine is a good start. I'm sure there's some info on that William Fuld site. The Charmed board is cool. I like the exposed wood edges. Looks like on Etsy that style board is like $200-300, woa! Think I'll stick with my $5 find for a bit. šŸ˜‰ Thanks for the info. Has the spirit board worked for you to communicate with specific people or to just answer questions like with Tarot?

bluelagune

Are you guys reading or just discussing the boards?

If reading, I would like to have one reading with a spirit?

and since I don't have a board, I have to use a different form of deviation.

.... ?