Spirit Manifestation?

MandMaud

Mandmaud, what an interesting and sad story too! Your poor grandmother, having to quit school like that. But, I'm convinced too that she saw her baby sister.
I'm pretty sure of it. She was afraid of that side of herself - ran and hid behind the Church - but I reckon she was pretty strong that way. Talked about the moon loads, and she used to know things I hadn't told her...

My younger sister also died as a baby and interestingly enough, she comes to my young niece all the time. She has never really come to me, save once when she and my father came together, but she has been 'visiting' my niece regularly since my niece was very young. You can say they 'grew' up together, though my sister died in 1965 and my niece was not born till 1992!
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry. How old were you when she died?

Actually my middle son died as a baby too. I was so glad that my gran had died just too soon to know that - she knew I was pregnant and was delighted, so she timed it right really. :)

Apparently in heaven, you can still grow up--if you wish to do so. It may also be the reason why people who have passed over can appear to you at any age of their life on earth. My dad generally shows up to me the way he looked before he became ill. However, he has shown up to my psychic-medium friends looking quite young and handsome! :laugh: We have also seen him in the home where my mom still lives, walking down the hallway to the bedroom the way he was shortly before he passed there. So, I am willing to bet that your gm sister did appear to her--but not as an infant, but perhaps as a young girl--a schoolage girl perhaps?

Great story though! Thank you for sharing that.

That's really interesting about growing up in heaven, I've never heard it before - all a bit "simplified" for me (I hope you know that's no offence meant, just it sounds a bit Disney but these thigns are always a bit too "well constructed story" when put into words because language isn't suited for talking about them) - BUT it does make sense of a lot of things. We used to have a woman in this house, at least I'm pretty sure of it. My ex saw a pre-puberty girl a few times, I saw a young woman once and heard the voice of a child several times, but the presence that used to bother me (felt malevolent) was older, though female. I wouldn't say "saw" in any definite way, it was the kind of seeing that leaves me still not sure I'm telling the truth, you know? My mother once or twice saw/felt an old woman; her theory was that she saw the old woman because she was older herself, but it was always the same person. The convincing part is that all these were round about the same part of the house. I did have to have very firm conversations with the unpleasant one about leaving my son alone, because she was in the corner where his bed stood and we had no choice where to have the bed.

Since my ex moved out I haven't been aware of her at all, and while we did go long periods without feeling she was around, it's been even longer than that now and I'm pretty sure she isn't. Which is also interesting, as I thought she "came with the house".

He could over-dramatise any story but I do believe this, because I'd have a week of seeing something out of the corner of my eye or hearing the child every so often (usually calling "Mum!" but our boys weren't in) - and then my ex would say, "The last few days I've thought she's back..." ;)

The more aware I get, the more I notice when walking in the village. It is a very old village, named for a barrow (tumulus, burial mound) though it's not known where that was, plus we're near the Fosse Way. But also - do you pick up something around telegraph poles? They seem like consciousnesses.

I'm getting so off topic, this should be another thread! ... though actually, what you say about thunderstorms. Could be that telegraph poles etc have spirits clustered around because of the electrical power there, could be that's what I pick up. Hm.

celticnoodle

I'm pretty sure of it. She was afraid of that side of herself - ran and hid behind the Church - but I reckon she was pretty strong that way. Talked about the moon loads, and she used to know things I hadn't told her...
my mother was like this--(knowing things we never told her). It was NOT fun growing up with a psychic mom, I can tell you! We didn't get away with anything. :(

Oh my goodness, I'm sorry. How old were you when she died?
I was 5 and a half years old. She spent much of her life in the hospital, so I have very limited memories of her. I do recall her at home and being in the bassinette. I remember she had coal black, curly hair and big round blue eyes. The doctors & nurses in the hospital use to refer to her as "the snow white baby". Mom says her lips were very pretty and pink too--but I don't recall that. We don't have any pictures of her, sadly. Back then, mom & dad didn't even think of taking her picture, as she was always so very ill and they were constantly running to and from from home to the hospital. We kids only saw her when she was at home-we were not allowed at the hospital, as we were too young then.

Actually my middle son died as a baby too. I was so glad that my gran had died just too soon to know that - she knew I was pregnant and was delighted, so she timed it right really. :)
My condolences. I'm sure your grandmother was there to receive him and keep him close to her.

That's really interesting about growing up in heaven, I've never heard it before - all a bit "simplified" for me (I hope you know that's no offence meant, just it sounds a bit Disney but these thigns are always a bit too "well constructed story" when put into words because language isn't suited for talking about them) - BUT it does make sense of a lot of things.
no offense taken.

We used to have a woman in this house, at least I'm pretty sure of it. My ex saw a pre-puberty girl a few times, I saw a young woman once and heard the voice of a child several times, but the presence that used to bother me (felt malevolent) was older, though female. I wouldn't say "saw" in any definite way, it was the kind of seeing that leaves me still not sure I'm telling the truth, you know? My mother once or twice saw/felt an old woman; her theory was that she saw the old woman because she was older herself, but it was always the same person. The convincing part is that all these were round about the same part of the house. I did have to have very firm conversations with the unpleasant one about leaving my son alone, because she was in the corner where his bed stood and we had no choice where to have the bed.
maybe she did 'come with the house' and perhaps she just felt at the time she was needed to keep watch over you/all of you/your children. Perhaps lately, since you have not "seen" her lately--she is not showing herself to you.

The more aware I get, the more I notice when walking in the village. It is a very old village, named for a barrow (tumulus, burial mound) though it's not known where that was, plus we're near the Fosse Way. But also - do you pick up something around telegraph poles? They seem like consciousnesses.

ah! it could be that the woman you saw was from this 'barrow'. who knows? When we lived across the street from a funeral home, we had LOTS of spirits in that house. THey could drive us nuts, really. knocking on doors, turning the tv on and off, volume up and down, slamming doors, etc. :laugh: The woman who lived next door to this Funeral home went into her basement when she was home alone and heard the basement door slam shut and the lock on it slide across the door. She was caught down in the basement for hours till her husband came home to let her out. She was TERRIFIED from that experience. All kinds of crazy things went on in the homes around this funeral parlor. The house we lived in had been the rectory for the Methodist church around the corner, but there were also 2 other churches close by as well--and one very large Catholic cemetery too. The Catholic Church and rectory were also VERY haunted! :D

I'm not so sure about the tele poles, but I do on telephones, for sure! And, especially in the shower. I have spirits coming through the wall right into the bathtub with me when I'm showering. They seem to really like my shower. :p

I'm getting so off topic, this should be another thread! ... though actually, what you say about thunderstorms. Could be that telegraph poles etc have spirits clustered around because of the electrical power there, could be that's what I pick up. Hm.

yes, telephone poles, telephone wires, telephones, ANYTHING electrical, any body of water near you--any running water--all this can provide energy for a spirit. I use to be a part of and help to run a psychic circle on a website (did this for years). Whenever I had this circle going, my phone would die. It just wouldn't work at all. I had this circle once or twice a week, and the phone would always die on the days we had it. The repair men were out here once or twice a week every week! Of course, I never told them I was doing a circle--and my nieghbor and I would laugh because they were so perplexed by it. No one else ever had any issues on our street.

Also, if I have a spirit trying to come through and they cannot-I seem to blow a lot of lightbulbs in our home. I was just dusting the other day in the bedroom when all of a sudden a light (not turned on) bulb blew really HARD! It was so loud, it scared me and I jumped and screamed! it was a very loud 'POP'! The bulb literally exploded. Caused a real mess and as a result, I had to dust and vacuum the whole room again and tear the bed linens and quilt off to wash and dry and re-make. The glass from the lightbulb was in tiney pieces and I couldn't take a chance. I was NOT a happy camper and I wonder if a spirit is trying to connect, but after that happened, my mood was not great, so I think they realized it was not a good day to connect with me then. :laugh:

I hope Chronata will come back to give us an update on whether or not she's had anymore visits by either of those spirits. Her experience reminded me of one I had of my grandmother who came to me once, only her torso and head showing and one arm holding her purse in the crook of the elbow. My gm told me to expect a phone call because something bad happened. then she walked through the wall and disappeared. I waited all night for that phone call and answered it the second it began to ring. I surprised my niece with that and I answered saying, "hello? What's happened?" :laugh:

Anyway, I hope Chronata finds out for sure who those spirits were. And, as for your 'house' spirit--she may still be around, just more comfortable with you and being quiet now. Are you alone in the house or still have people living with you there? IF you're alone, it can be that she was just concerned about watching over your children and now that they are gone (if they are) she feels she is no longer needed - or at least no need to appear.

MandMaud

my mother was like this--(knowing things we never told her). It was NOT fun growing up with a psychic mom, I can tell you! We didn't get away with anything. :(
Yep! lol. My gran brought me up (with my mum = her daughter, I had both of them). She'd say, "You know you were worrying about xyz..." when i'd not told a soul. I told my diary but I don't believe she ever peeked, she was very strict with following her own "honour" code.

I was 5 and a half years old.
She does sound pretty. Our eldest was 3 and a half when we lost his brother. He was very disappointed. He'd just got a bunk bed and was looking forward to a little brother or sister sharing his room "soon". It did make him far more tolerant than most older siblings are when his next little bruv turned up, who was 24/7 velcro baby (= impossible to put down, lol) so poor George lost a lot of my attention to him, so it was good that he really-really wanted to be a big brother by then! (He was 7 then.) They are still very close, 21 and 14 now, and people have always commented how well they get on for brothers. :)

She spent much of her life in the hospital, so I have very limited memories of her. I do recall her at home and being in the bassinette.
My gran's sister was always poorly, but I imagine around 1920 she was nursed at home. I do know Granny doted on her.

no offense taken.
Phew! :) I just meant, pretty much all of these non-mainstream topics sound like storytelling when they're spoken about. If I didn't believe it, I couldn't believe it... ;)

maybe she did 'come with the house' and perhaps she just felt at the time she was needed to keep watch over you/all of you/your children. Perhaps lately, since you have not "seen" her lately--she is not showing herself to you.
Could be, indeed. I'm staying willing to hear, anyway.

ah! it could be that the woman you saw was from this 'barrow'. who knows? When we lived across the street from a funeral home, we had LOTS of spirits in that house. THey could drive us nuts, really. knocking on doors,
Woo, that's quite something. I've never had real experience of that kind of thing. Granny said that one of the houses they would otherwise have bought as a young married couple was haunted and she couldn't be in it. Again, she never said how she knew, what it was like, which was what I wanted to know when I was little! so I could picture it!

The repair men were out here once or twice a week every week! Of course, I never told them I was doing a circle--and my nieghbor and I would laugh because they were so perplexed by it. No one else ever had any issues on our street.
ROTFL - so what did they do to fix it each time?

Also, if I have a spirit trying to come through and they cannot-I seem to blow a lot of lightbulbs in our home. I was just dusting the other day in the bedroom when all of a sudden a light (not turned on) bulb blew really HARD! It was so loud, it scared me and I jumped and screamed! it was a very loud 'POP'! The bulb literally exploded.
Like gunshot - yes, I've had that happen loads of times! Once or twice as a child, once I remember I was alone in a room and screamed my head off. In this house, the kitchen only, it happens all the time. Mind you having 20-year-old light fittings probably has something to do with that. :D (Though actually, the kitchen is that same corner of the house where I always felt that woman - the sink's right below where our son's bed used to be...)

I was NOT a happy camper and I wonder if a spirit is trying to connect, but after that happened, my mood was not great, so I think they realized it was not a good day to connect with me then. :laugh:
ROTFL! I bet!!

I hope Chronata will come back to give us an update on whether or not she's had anymore visits by either of those spirits.
So do I. It seems to have been a week of being on a go-slow for many, at least I couldn't get here for most of the week, and someone else said the same, and on the competition thread a lot were saying they felt low at the moment.

Her experience reminded me of one I had of my grandmother who came to me once, only her torso and head showing and one arm holding her purse in the crook of the elbow. My gm told me to expect a phone call because something bad happened. then she walked through the wall and disappeared. I waited all night for that phone call and answered it the second it began to ring. I surprised my niece with that and I answered saying, "hello? What's happened?" :laugh:
I hope it wasn't anything too bad.

Your partial people remind me of the Cheshire cat. Which makes me wonder about Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll).

Anyway, I hope Chronata finds out for sure who those spirits were. And, as for your 'house' spirit--she may still be around, just more comfortable with you and being quiet now. Are you alone in the house or still have people living with you there? IF you're alone, it can be that she was just concerned about watching over your children and now that they are gone (if they are) she feels she is no longer needed - or at least no need to appear.
Our 14yo lives here. He was ill with migraines for a lot of months last year, but is fine now. Very sensitive and a healer, and aged 14 of course(!), but yes, things are far more peaceful and even the loud parts(!) are out in the open properly and mostly brief. Before, there was this dreadful tension all the time. And our eldest, who moved out last year, is the one who's always been more troubled. The anxious one. He has the potential to be a healer but so far it works inwards and the wrong way round, he ends up hurting his own body (such as an ankle that won't heal properly etc) which I know is his psyche doing it; he absorbs other people and doesn't know how to release them. It's the early steps towards healing and he has a long way to go. But between him and his dad, the Water element was murky and always disturbed, whereas now at least the very volatile 14yo's mind (this is velcro baby :) the one with ADHD) and mine work alike on the whole.

Chronata

Thank you everyone! Such great discussion and info here!
I admit...I quite forgot about this thread...until two nights ago, when it happened again.

Another thunder/electrical storm...and another spirit on my spouse's side of the bed bending over...with just torso and head...and no more than a second or so before it vanished.

I think it's as Mi-Shell stated...a lot of the storm energy coupled with stress energy that has my third eye working overtime!

I enjoy reading all your experiences too! Keep em coming!

celticnoodle

Thank you everyone! Such great discussion and info here!
I admit...I quite forgot about this thread...until two nights ago, when it happened again.

Another thunder/electrical storm...and another spirit on my spouse's side of the bed bending over...with just torso and head...and no more than a second or so before it vanished.

I think it's as Mi-Shell stated...a lot of the storm energy coupled with stress energy that has my third eye working overtime!

I enjoy reading all your experiences too! Keep em coming!

very interesting that it happened again at the time of another thunderstorm too, Chronata! I think I may have mentioned that thunder, lightening and water (in this case, rain) are all very good sources to help spirits manifest for us. So, perhaps this is why you are seeing them. Do you meditate? If so, you may want to ask your guides who these spirits are and why you are seeing htem. It can very well be that they are random spirits passing through, or that they are something else--a friend/family member/neighbor, or perhaps ancestor even. Or, of course, they can just be spirit visitors checking in on you. who knows?!

Chronata

I think they appear to be just random spirits in the atmosphere.

I did meditate and do a few readings about them, and there doesn't seem to be any real significance to their appearance...except that maybe I am becoming more sensitive to visions.

Although I have been asking for help and guidance lately...not for me, but for others in my life...and they also may just be there as if to say "we got you covered"

celticnoodle

ah, okay. so it seems they are random spirits. You may want to or need to learn how to also 'close down shop' so that these random spirits do not bother you--IF it is a bother. Do you also ground yourself and protect yourself? I feel that spirits are attracted to people who CAN sense them--whether you do so visually or however. Its as if those who can sense them have this beacon light for them showing the way to you. So, if you don't want to be bothered, you'll need to learn how to turn that light off so you can sleep or whatever.

Mi-Shell

LOTS of big nasty thunderstorms here... We are going down from + 36 centigrade to + 8 tonight! :bugeyed:
What I like to do is, at night, take my large Moon mirror and catch lightningbolts in it. Through the lightningbolt I can then call in Ancestor Spirits of the land = not my family lineage, but here, Muskoka, where I live. I so called through one of the Mohawk Elders, that someone here wanted to talk to. - I think 2 years ago, I somehow called the Spirit of a large Bear, that must have lived here. As a Spirit he walked right through the ground-floor of our house, as iffff it were not even there.... and came out the other end.....??!!

celticnoodle

lol, Mi-shell! That must have been SOME experience! :laugh:

MandMaud, I'm sorry I've yet to respond to your last post. I meant to do so earlier. You speak of how your oldest son was so good with his younger brother when he was born. It reminds me of my granddaughters. My oldest granddaughter is now 6yrs old and so very patient with her little sister who is 18 mos. That one is also one that needs to be tied STRONGLY into a chair. :laugh: not that she is, mind you, of course, but OMG, that child knows NO FEAR! She was climbing onto things before she could even walk. My daughter & sil cannot allow her to be out of their sight for a minute. She did pull one table over--but luckily it didn't hit her in the head and there wasn't much on that table. This child is really a workout. :D I know the older one is anxious to also get bunk beds or at least 2 beds in the room to share with her little sister, too.

As for when the telephone repair men came to fix things, twice, they ran new wires from telephone pole to the house. :laugh: My neighbor and I grinning ear to ear from this as we knew it was not the line that was the problem. The phone company never caught on though, thank God!

Another thing that always happens with my phone is that when I am on the phone with a family member or friend, and if the conversation begins to go on to a topic that we should not be talking about--I get a lot of interference and then it would just die out. My daughter knew what this meant and would call back if it was her on the line with me and say, "Okay, the spirits don't want us to talk about THAT, so lets avoid that topic!" and then we'd continue on, but of course, laughing about what happened. A few of those friends know this 'rule' too now. :D

and, as for the light bulb stuff--I'm sure our wiring is also old and this could be part of the issue--but I have also had it happen to me in ohters homes when I turn on the light for them--with lamp posts outside on the street, etc. I'm "ELECTRIFIED!" :D The tv and the computer often don't like me either. I can take the tv control and try to turn on the tv and it refuses to turn on. Hubby can do it and viola! it's on! Try to change a channel w/the remote? lol--its not easy for me sometimes. I've gotten use to not watching television when hub is not at home. I could go on and on about this stuff. Everyone realizes it too, not just me. Its crazy at times!

thinking back on when my grandmother appeared (or half appeared) to me, it was when my father fell and knocked his head open and a few other things. He had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. I don't recall all that had gone on then--as at the time, he was losing his balance a lot and falling. It was the 'beginning of the end' for him, if you know what I mean. He had had a few strokes, etc. and was elderly and failing rapidly.

Our 14yo lives here. He was ill with migraines for a lot of months last year, but is fine now. Very sensitive and a healer, and aged 14 of course(!), but yes, things are far more peaceful and even the loud parts(!) are out in the open properly and mostly brief. Before, there was this dreadful tension all the time. And our eldest, who moved out last year, is the one who's always been more troubled. The anxious one. He has the potential to be a healer but so far it works inwards and the wrong way round, he ends up hurting his own body (such as an ankle that won't heal properly etc) which I know is his psyche doing it; he absorbs other people and doesn't know how to release them. It's the early steps towards healing and he has a long way to go. But between him and his dad, the Water element was murky and always disturbed, whereas now at least the very volatile 14yo's mind (this is velcro baby the one with ADHD) and mine work alike on the whole.

Sorry to hear he suffers with migraines. I had a nephew who had much trouble with the same for many years. He lives in Florida now, here in the U.S. and rarely gets them-until he goes home to Maryland to visit. So something of an allergy there for him I guess. Its lovely that both boys have the healing ability in them. I do hope your oldest can learn to control it more and not keep it bottled up in himself. Perhaps taking a class somewhere to learn how to do this will help him.