Strange happening...thoughts?

EmpressArwen

Quick background...I have not been using my visions (or cards) for divination purposes. There was far too many misses and not enough hits for me to think they were reliable for this purpose. I have been getting visions that seem to point me toward understand of myself, my purpose, my spirituality. These are very vivid and steeped in interesting symbolism.

Yesterday was my birthday. I had a great day with my family but about 10 pm, I started to feel...off. Kind of unbalanced, dizzy. I decided to go to bed. My third eye was throbbing and the air had that buzzy, electrical feeling I get when a spirit is near. I didn't see anything, only felt it. I laid down,closed my eyes and the visions came instantly. Flashes of different things, nothing holding for long and nothing I could really make sense of. Blue fabric, pulsing lights, wind whipping around me as I stood in my backyard. I couldn't gather anything from it.

This morning, I woke up not long after sunrise. I felt compelled to go to the backyard. The wind was whipping around me, blowing my blue pajama pants against my legs. Branches were swaying causing the sunlight to create this strange pulsing type light in the backyard as it filtered through the trees.

I looked up and there stood a GIANT turkey vulture, it must have been standing behind a tree and then moved around it. It didn't fly in...I'm sure I would have seen that happen. Right in my backyard. For those of you who have never seen one of these...well, they ain't pretty! They are freaky as hell. We were not 10 feet away from each other. It stood there for a long time, staring at me as I stared at it.

It came toward me a couple of steps. I couldn't hold my ground and backed up. It just kept staring at me, right into my eyes. I heard my dog bark inside the house and was afraid someone would let him out and he would attack the bird. I looked at the vulture and said "thank you." I backed up as I left, not turning my back on it. It takes less than 5 seconds to get from my garage door to my kitchen window. By the time I got to the window to look out...it was gone.

Any thoughts? I have NO idea what this bird was trying to tell me. I would think a vulture of any kind would have to do with death?? I am fairly shook up by the whole experience.

pageofswords9110

Just wanted to say happy belated birthday!

Tigerangel

I don't know if you associate with power animals or not, but what you have experienced sounds like a strong message for you to acknowledge this bird as a power/totem guide and as you experience alot of Visions with spirits, this may be the strongest way for spirit to make you take notice of what they've being trying to communicate to you.

Maybe spirit has been sending subtle messages and you've been mistaking them as messages for others, so they had to go full on in your face, and that's why you had the vision the night before so you would make a spiritual connection to the turkey vulture.
I personally think if this is an animal guide for you you have one wonderful and powerful protector watching over you just now.

You might like to read about vulture symbolism on this website and see if anything there resonates with anything in your life just now.
http://www.spirit-animals.com/vulture/

EmpressArwen

I don't know if you associate with power animals or not, but what you have experienced sounds like a strong message for you to acknowledge this bird as a power/totem guide and as you experience alot of Visions with spirits, this may be the strongest way for spirit to make you take notice of what they've being trying to communicate to you.

Maybe spirit has been sending subtle messages and you've been mistaking them as messages for others, so they had to go full on in your face, and that's why you had the vision the night before so you would make a spiritual connection to the turkey vulture.
I personally think if this is an animal guide for you you have one wonderful and powerful protector watching over you just now.

You might like to read about vulture symbolism on this website and see if anything there resonates with anything in your life just now.
http://www.spirit-animals.com/vulture/

Wow! Thank you for that link! So much of it resonated. I especially was drawn to the part about being fiercely protective but also need to let others sink or swim so to speak. I have a tendency to take on everyone's issues and try to fix them. I do this because I love them but I need to learn to let others make mistakes and live with the consequences. It's very hard for me to do that.

Plus, it talked about resourcefulness and patience. My financial situation is precarious. I know both of these attributes are what are called for if we are going to make it through.

I do not know much about power animals but I often have birds going out of their way to get me to notice them. I need to read up on this. If this is the way messages are going to come to me, I need a better understanding of birds in order to get the information.

Thanks again! You were very helpful!