Tarot Burnout presently. Pooh!

Tanga

Ahh well - I'm currently experiencing the "No - I don't really want to read for anyone,
and what deck shall I look at today... Naghhhh - don't have the energy...think I'll play with cat or drink more tea instead. Mehhhh." thing.
Lol.

Boring.
Happens ofcourse.

The emontional burnout is due to a number of home drama's over the last few months,
plus illness (now better - finger's crossed), plus drama amongst friends including me deciding to leave a social group because really - the drama was just becoming too much.
Plus - well - everything we're all experiencing world wide I guess.
I live in London. So, I was so pleased that I didn't take the route home past London Bridge
the night of the van ramming and knife attacks - AND then when I got home, my Si-Fu reported she'd just watched a 17 year old die of stab wounds at the end of her road
(unrelated to the London Bridge stuff).

Hey Ho.

I'd like to speed up out of this funk - but I know it has to run it's course.
Cheered up a bit on a therapy CPD course on the weekend (Continuing professional development) - but Tarot Lassitude is still there.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Silly jokes? - Anything?

Lol.

DDwarks

I'm going through a Meh phase too and I'm actually pretty pleased about it.
To me it means there's something else I need to do that is more important for my development right now.
I've been consulting my cards a lot about really meaningful / soul searching / healing sort of stuff and I'm taking my Urgh phase as a sign to stop looking down at my cards but ahead to where I'm heading next :)

Could you be nudged to live rather than read too?

Tanga

To me it means there's something else I need to do that is more important for my development right now.
I've been consulting my cards a lot about really meaningful / soul searching / healing sort of stuff and I'm taking my Urgh phase as a sign to stop looking down at my cards but ahead to where I'm heading next :)

Interesting you've assumed I'm not living. :) :)
I'm in overwhelm of it. Lol.
I "look ahead" too much and have to keep reminding myself to just BE.

...still... Kung Fu knife seminar and grading is coming soon... that should throw in a new slanted
perspective.

Maru

You could spend your time meditating on specific cards. Not analyzing or looking up meanings or anything...,just cards you feel strongly represent or you have felt pulled towards in your own readings. Maybe one that you are going through currently. Just have it in front of you with any other rituals you do and have quiet time... just spend time being with you.

I use cards for "burning" off my fatique, etc. I used to be very ill and when I pulled spreads... I had poor concentration so I just burnt incense and talking with myself and energy Gods for a while using cards as a reference. I use cards to help w centering and disconnecting.

I was struggling to function day to day and this helped tremendously with keeping my eye on the ball.

Maru

This is important too! Tarot breaks can be really beneficial..

Morwenna

I take breaks for months at a time. I think it's normal. We all have a lot of interests, and a lot of duties. And no matter how we resent it, there are only 24 hours in a day. And part of that has to be resting.

If I get the itch but not the energy or willpower, I just take a "comfort" deck and revel in the images with no goals in mind whatsoever. And then I pick up something entirely different, not related to divination. Balance.

Ace

Tanga: I am sorry you feel so low right now. Get some rest, that will help and maybe run an Anti-viral on your head. yes, that is right: an anti-viral scan.

Envision your brain as a hard drive and see the screen and run the anti-viral software. And watch it run. It may take a couple days to finish and you may feel some pressure on the back of your head, but it may help. Try it and let me know!

barb

lantana

I usually find it best to put it aside until the burnout passes. In my experience, trying to brute force through a block will just make it worse. No shame in taking a couple days, a week, maybe even longer away from it.

I totally get life being way too much right now. Just... Oof.

prudence

It happens. I'm in a rut, I hope I'm pulling out of it, slowly. Been reading just a little lately.

I find that simply leaving Tarot reading for however long I need to is best. Trying to find other ways to play with the cards just increases the sense of displeasure with Tarot. I'm also learning Lenormand, in the last year or so, and I've been quite excited about it. But I am now feeling the same sense of ennui with the Lenormand. I can only think of it as a reading block or a reading depression.

decan

Societies where we are living aren't so healthy and the media saturate our minds with too much negative informations.
The barbarian terrorist attack in London are in people's minds and creates probably a collective atmosphere of fears that must be disturbing for everyone, and for psychics more!

I haven't a real tip to give you. Well, I think the pressure will drop naturally and you will retrieve your balance, there is probably nothing to do in particular for that.