Tarot business cards

Falcor

I hope it's a right forum to post the subject. If no, please, dear moderator, move it to the right section.

I have a question to those who read for money, especially face to face. Did you did tarot business cards and if yes, how helpful spreading around them was?

And I don't think there is a more fitting place to ask if there is anyone here, a graphic designer, that will make me a tarot business card(a file with design for me to print here), of course for payment.

Thanks people, waiting for your answers ^^

AnemoneRosie

Mine have been helpful, because I read primarily as a donation to various causes.
I make them by hand with a stamp (as in, I have a stamp of a design and then I use a pen to write in my particulars).

Grizabella

I read somewhere quite a few years ago that the usual result of giving out business cards is that of every 100 cards you give out, you'll get about 10% who will actually contact you. I think making your own would be a way to cut costs because giving out cards can be expensive and not very budget wise even if you do make them yourself.

Also, if you move around a lot or if you plan to move to a new location in the near future, the cards should just give your phone number (cell phone is what I use) and not an actual physical address because if you move, then that information won't be current and you'll have wasted money on business cards. Besides that, giving your home address out to strangers isn't a safe thing to do. You don't want to put a whole lot of text on the cards, either. Just name and phone number and what you specialize in is enough.

You can buy sheets of business cards to print out yourself. I've done that and it's cheaper than using a printing business to get them done.

Barleywine

I made my own using Photoscape and Open Office. I left a bunch of them at the shop where I read, so I don't know how much impact they've had on getting the clients I've had there. I haven't distributed them personally.

Charlie Brown

I'd recommend using someplace like Overnight Prints rather than doing them yourself. It doesn't cost that much more and the quality is light years ahead of anything you'll do on your own printer. They're always having sales. Today, for example. 200 cards are $10 plus shipping which is probably like 10 bucks. In certain cities, they have locations where you can pick up your order and not pay for the ship.

Darkmage

I bought mine through Vistaprint and got a hell of a deal. I think I paid $10 total for 250 cards? That's enough to last me a year.

They're not that great for drumming up business, though. *sigh* I have my FB page and my cell number on them, no physical address as I don't need that.

Ace

Business cards, I was always taught, is the billboard of your business. I never scrimped on them and I think it DOES pay off. Nowadays I have PHOTO business cards--which are cheaper than you think--and people hang on to them because they are TOO NICE to throw away!

barb

Trogon

I printed up a bunch of my own a while back. I didn't want to have a box of several hundred, so bought a couple of packages of blank ones for my printer (inkjet). I had made up two designs, one with an original photo of mine (similar to my avatar, but without the mouse) and a scan of the RWS Hanged Man. Added an e-mail address and my cell phone number. I also printed on the back of them "good for one free 3-card reading". I got one reading out of them. Actually, I guess that's a pretty good return. I've only got a few left and need to make more.

I'd designed them using Microsoft Office Publisher. Alas, when my old computer hard drive died, those designs were some of the files I lost. (I was actually lucky though ... I managed to get almost all of my saved files back.)

I think my next strategy, when I'm ready to do it, will be to print up fliers and attach several business cards to each one. That way they can take the card and call if they want a reading. Post those in various places around town and see how that goes.

Zephyros

I hope it's a right forum to post the subject. If no, please, dear moderator, move it to the right section.

I have a question to those who read for money, especially face to face. Did you did tarot business cards and if yes, how helpful spreading around them was?

And I don't think there is a more fitting place to ask if there is anyone here, a graphic designer, that will make me a tarot business card(a file with design for me to print here), of course for payment.

Thanks people, waiting for your answers ^^

I've never checked it out myself, but I know there are websites on which you can design a card from a ready-made template. You can then download the file and take it to a printer.

Falcor

I've never checked it out myself, but I know there are websites on which you can design a card from a ready-made template. You can then download the file and take it to a printer.

Really? That is something worthy to check. Thanks a lot!