Tarot With A Pendulum

Kyxxsyxx

Ok, has anyone tried reading tarot by using a pendulum? And if so, do you think it's accurate? I've tried it before, but I've yet to see results one way or the other, so I'm not sure. I have 2 quartz pendulums that only I use that typically don't steer me wrong when I ask them questions. I always use one of these two if I'm dowsing over my cards.

suk

I know many people who use pendulums with tarot cards with good results. I have also done so in the past. It really helps when you aren't sure what a card is saying in a particular context.

As for results, what kind of results are you looking for? The way I see it, pendulums are only a way to get in touch with your intuition. The answers are already inside you, if you get what I'm saying.

Calcifer

I've been known to use a pendulum in conjunction with my readings.... but not to clarify any meanings the cards may have. Regardless of the spread I'm using, I almost always cut the deck into 3 piles, from where I'll choose one, and re-stack the deck, and proceed. Every once in awhile, when I start to choose which pile will be "on top" (where the reading will come from) I'll just go blank. This is where I'll use the pendulum - to make that initial selection.
Michael

Kyxxsyxx

I use my pendulum to help me select cards, but a lot of my questions are about what is most likely going to happen based on where I currently am in life. And I just started trying to use my pendulum to select cards. When I'm trying to pick cards it's hard for me to hear my intuition and I just randomly draw. And my results constantly don't make sense. They make more sense now that I use my pendulum but I can't really say whether any of my likely outcome cards are right or wrong yet.

danieljuk

I use pendulums to choose a deck when the sitter or I, can't decide on a deck! I ask what is the best deck for this reading? Works so well for that!

I also have used pendulums to check a reading, have I got this right? it's never let me down for that either and useful if you are sending the reading to someone. I have more confidence in myself these days though with that.

But it's important to remember that we can only get a few answers from a pendulum, it's practically binary in response. Tarot works differently in that it can give us such insight! I think it's important to remember the limitations of the pendulum. Tarot is not binary in the same way.

Even doing a spread with two options, it will give you more than just "this is the right decision". That is why tarot doesn't work so well with Yes or No questions, it's limiting. But the pendulum is wonderful for that. I would use it to ask which option A or B is the best? but use it in conjunction with the big picture from the tarot reading. There is no problem with dowsing with it though, give it a go and experiment! Mixing systems is fun! :thumbsup:

Kyxxsyxx

Thanks everyone! I do check with my pendulum to see if I've understood the cards correctly. I really like using it to help me select the cards too when I'm unsure of where to go. I love using my pendulum for answering all kinds of questions. If I do a yes/no tarot reading, it's mostly to find the why it's yes or why it's no.
Like if a draw the 3 of swords, that's a clear no to me. And then I consider the question and what the card could mean in that context and then ask the pendulum if I've got it right

SaskMick

I know many people who use pendulums with tarot cards with good results. I have also done so in the past. It really helps when you aren't sure what a card is saying in a particular context.

As for results, what kind of results are you looking for? The way I see it, pendulums are only a way to get in touch with your intuition. The answers are already inside you, if you get what I'm saying.

Pendulums can only give a yes or a no. I'm sure it's the same force that is tapped into using tarot cards. Tarot is only a way to get in touch with your intuition as well, that's why it works well for some people and not so much with others.

headincloud

Pendulums can only give a yes or a no. I'm sure it's the same force that is tapped into using tarot cards. Tarot is only a way to get in touch with your intuition as well, that's why it works well for some people and not so much with others.

I echo this, I think a pendulum comes into it's own for yes and no questions where the tarot is inadequate hence they compliment each other well. I see so many readings where people are asking what does so and so think of me when if they addressed a simple yes or no question to the pendulum before hand they would often find that person is not thinking of them at all hence the reading is a waste of time.

Also great for cold cases where people dive in assuming the person is dead where a simple question to the pendulum first could better direct your reading and put you in the ball park.

In short it's great for checking big fat assumptions.

Pique Dame

I just bought my first pendulum yesterday and already I love it. I love tarot, but there's something so reassuring about having such concise answers to questions I'm having. I did a tarot reading after I bought it to ask the cards how accurate the pendulum is, but my deck pleaded the fifth. :) I find myself wanting to ask it tarot-esque questions (How, What, Where, Who, etc.) since I've been doing that for so long, so I have to get used to phrasing my questions yes/no. Earlier today, I consulted my pendulum about a some things, then went to the tarot for more info on why yes and why no and if no, then what? They work really great in conjunction with each other. It's amazing.