Tattoos of cards?

Rhiannon

Now I know that we've discussed various subjects such as flavors for the cards, which cards to hang on your wall for inspiration and things of that nature. Now I'd like to talk about getting REALLY serious about your favorite card! :D

I know that StarShine has a tattoo of a card (Ace of Cups) on her ankle, was it? I found a website that has an example of someone who got the Death card tattooed on their arm. http://www.tattoos.com/gallery/colgal05a.htm

I was wondering what card everyone else would pick? Also I was wondering if you feel that by picking a card to actually ink onto your body, you are taking on both the positive and negative aspects of that card. For ex: If you had the Lovers on your thigh... for everyone else they would see the card face up, but if you were looking down at your lap the card would be in reverse. Just something to think about.

I think I would choose the Hermit most likely. I can deal with being wise and with being childish too. ;) (there I go with my Gemini nature again!)

Rhiannon :)

Hoonoki

cool ... i have 5 ta2s already and i didn't know what to get for my 6th one until i read your post.
I can't decide coz i like so many cards of the major arcana. but I'd rather have the Wheel of Fortune tattooed on me since it's my soul archetype.
And to avoid any views of looking at the card reversed, i think i'll have it done on my back. :D

Elphaba

I was just thinking about this the other day :). I saw the Healing with the Fairies Oracle and I now know that I must buy the deck cause I really want the ''Stand Your Ground" pic ,or a fairy like it, tattooed on me somewhere. I already have a S.S.Boulet shaman pic tattoed on my left arm but I've always wanted a bunch of them.

deso

I would want The World because I had an incredible mind journey when I was meditating with it.

deso

Quote:Elphaba (14 Sep, 2001 06:06):
I was just thinking about this the other day :). I saw the Healing with the Fairies Oracle and I now know that I must buy the deck cause I really want the ''Stand Your Ground" pic ,or a fairy like it, tattooed on me somewhere. I already have a S.S.Boulet shaman pic tattoed on my left arm but I've always wanted a bunch of them.

I just recently bought the Faeries' Oracle deck, Elphaba. It's gorgeous and seems to call forth that very elemental side of our nature....that far forgotten self. It's a wonderful tool!

kozmik

I've considered for a very long time getting the REJUVENATION card from the Tarot of the Cat People as my third tattoo..hhmm...

faunabay

For a long time I've been looking for a phoenix I liked to get as a tattoo. Hadn't been able to find one I liked enough to have on my body forever....that is until I got my Robin Wood deck.
I've been thinking about getting the judgement card in RW. I'd want to put some little pieces of clothing on the woman in the card I think. But I love the idea of having the woman/phoenix rising out of the ashes as a tattoo. It describes me well.

cSpaceDiva

I really like the idea of a phoenix. The Amazing Fortune-Telling Book has a phoenix as the death card. Considering the recent tragedy, the phoenix is such a hopeful symbol, being reborn out of the ashes.

cSpaceDiva

I really like the idea of a phoenix. The Amazing Fortune-Telling Book has a phoenix as the death card. Considering the recent tragedy, the phoenix is such a hopeful symbol, being reborn out of the ashes.

kamala

my name is kamala and i have a tattoo of the 3 of swords on my forearm. i put it there because it's always the card that pops up in every reading, and a lot of other reasons, but anyway, i'm saving up to get the strength card on my opposite forearm, because thats my mom's card that always pops up for her, and because i consider my mom my strength in a lot of my life situations, so it's sort of a personal tribute to her.