Thanking my guardian angels

Midsummereve

Hello all,

My angels have answered my prayers and been really good to me. Can you recommend ways to show my gratitude ?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

MidsummerEve

celticnoodle

Hello all,

My angels have answered my prayers and been really good to me. Can you recommend ways to show my gratitude ?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

MidsummerEve

Congratulations with having your prayers answered. :) That is always great, isn't it? In addition to thanking your angels for answering your prayer, (either out loud or internally, which they can hear still), why not do one or all of these:

1. Light a candle and say a quick prayer of thanks for the help.

2. Spread the goodness by sharing something with someone less fortunate.

3. Say prayers for someone else to have their prayers answered too.

4. Make a list of those prayers that were answered and specifically mention then in a gratitude prayer.

5. Meditate and while you are doing this, remember to thank your angels and guardians for all they have done.

I believe that staying positive and helpful like this to others around you also will strengthen your energy/aura. This will draw even more angels around you and strengthens your aura. This also attracts not just angels around you more, but other people as well.

This is why you can also help others less fortunate then yourself and I think this particular action is one of the best ways you are able to thank your guardian angels for all they do for you. :) So, spread the goodness. Share your luck with less fortunates. This alone is the most powerful way to thank your guardian angels. :heart:

Bonny

Love to hear both these posts!!

I enjoy having a laugh with my guardian angel and patron saints who arch the sphere of my life.
There often seem to be ironies that will pop up, for instance St Francis of Assisi is overseeing a few important parts of my life right now and when a sign on the side of the road will show up with the name 'Francis' on it I'll laugh and say out loud, 'Here you are , illuminating in large letters!!' And I feel an inner smile that we share. Sometimes my ancestors who travel with me I feel are sitting in the car with me, I converse with them... and I just do ordinary things, like put an extra spoon of tea leaves in the pot for one of them who loved tea - thats about as far as it goes as my attention will then go to my reading or whatever - quirky but these ordinary acknowledgements , to me, do my part in keep us bonded.

celticnoodle

Bonny, that is PERFECT! :) I do the same thing and am close to many of the Saints. I grew up hearing constantly about St. Anthony, (moms fave saint) that he felt more like a brother then the family saint. ;)

I also invite him and St. Christopher to always sit in the car beside me/us when I/we travel too. And, of course, my fave, The Blessed Mother. :) I can't tell you how many rosary prayers I have done while traveling. :laugh: I even keep a dvd of the rosary in each car, just to help keep me on the right prayer if I get side tracked! :D

Midsummereve, one of the best things to do is to talk to your guardian angels and guides, just like they are your best friend, brother or sister. Like Bonny does, when you make a pot of coffee, offer them a cup of coffee or a cup of tea when you make tea. Toast them with whatever you drink and eat. No matter what it is, they appreciate it! :)

Flames

Yes, for me it's the Blessed Mother, as well, Celticnoodle. She's the one I turn to, instinctively.

When I was younger and first learning about Saints, it was St. Agnes. She was my Saving Grace during a crappy part of my childhood. During home ec class, we learned how to make dolls and so I made one to represent her, as a way of thanking her for helping me. :) Oh my gosh, I was pretty young!! But, even then, somewhere inside of me, I knew that she would appreciate the gesture!

A few years ago, it was St. Dymphna. I carry an image of her in my purse. She's a reminder of how things used to be. She also brings to mind the countless synchronicities I experienced during that time. I've written them all down and sometimes, when I go back to read that particular entry, my jaw still drops at how uncanny some things actually were and how they developed.

I'm going to try toasting them when I have tea. That's a great thought, CN. Thanks! I also love the initial post and the suggestions you make. Thank you very much!

celticnoodle

Yes, for me it's the Blessed Mother, as well, Celticnoodle. She's the one I turn to, instinctively.

When I was younger and first learning about Saints, it was St. Agnes. She was my Saving Grace during a crappy part of my childhood. During home ec class, we learned how to make dolls and so I made one to represent her, as a way of thanking her for helping me. :) Oh my gosh, I was pretty young!! But, even then, somewhere inside of me, I knew that she would appreciate the gesture!

Yes, I remember you are also a B.M. lover. :) How sweet of you to do that for St. Agnes! I am sure she loved it too!
A few years ago, it was St. Dymphna. I carry an image of her in my purse. She's a reminder of how things used to be. She also brings to mind the countless synchronicities I experienced during that time. I've written them all down and sometimes, when I go back to read that particular entry, my jaw still drops at how uncanny some things actually were and how they developed.

I'm going to try toasting them when I have tea. That's a great thought, CN. Thanks! I also love the initial post and the suggestions you make. Thank you very much!

St. Dymphna is also the Saint for the Mentally Ill, the emotionally disturbed and nervous people as well as those who suffer with neurological issues and the Doctors who help them. She has a very interesting and sad story to her life, which I am sure you know about. :)

I'm glad that Midsummereve started this thread too! :laugh: I don't mean to intrude on her thread though and take it over. I do hope she comes to let us know if she is doing one of the things mentioned here. Meanwhile, EVERYONE! TOAST YOUR SPIRITUAL GUIDES! :D

Tanga

No Saints for me.

But I have guides, including an Angel. :)
Like others - I chat to mine.
I do that "little extra tea leaves" or other such gestures.
e.g. If I'm walking in the woods and I happen to have my incense offering container -
I'll drop a pinch of my favourite incense or herbs under a tree and say a general silent thank you.
Since this practice comes from Shamanism - it most suits my guide who's from that tradition - or the ones that are animal.
I have a specific Tarot deck that I use to "talk" with them - and often those conversations are hilarious. ;)

And - in the mornings (not every single one) - ill say a chant (prayer) acknowledging them and inviting them to continue to walk beside me during my day.

They cover specific aspects of help for me... so
If I have to be courageous about something - I talk to a particular one for that.
If I'm reviewing my past hurts or feeling emotional - I talk to another one about that...
If I've narrowly missed being run over by a bus - I thank the Angel...
etc.

...TOASTING MY SPIRIT GUIDES RIGHT NOW!!! :joke: :joke:

celticnoodle

beautiful, Tanga! :D

Bonny

Celticnoodle, You And i have a lot in common !!!!! So great !

Midsummereve

Thank you all for your replies! I will get back to all of you this weekend when I have some time.

Very grateful for your suggestions and advice!

Love and light