This spread can be used to answer a single question or to continue along that question’s topic by stacking cards.
Shuffle the deck in a bridge shuffle 3 times while asking your question. *This can be done in your mind (directed toward the cards) or out loud as you will.
1. *The first card you draw is placed at the*Spirit Point which is located at the top of the spread. *This card embodies the answer to your question. *It can be regarded as a complete answer that may be very clear in and of itself. *As it represents the Spirit, it represents the sum of your question containing all the elements of the answer. *From here it is your choice to draw the four remaining cards should this answer not be clear enough. *If I draw a card that is clear for my answer, I generally do not bother pulling the element cards.
2. *The*Fire Point is located on the lower right point. *It represents will, activity, and in some cases the root of a matter (depending on the context of the question).
3. *The*Water Point is located on the upper right point. *It represents emotions and the creative process.
4. *The*Air Point is located on the the upper left point. *It represents the intellect, learning, education, analytical mind, and communication.
5. *The*Earth Point is located on the lower left point. *It represents the physical world, your body, and the mundane world.
The Element cards can be thought of as components of the Spirit. *Thus, they are pulled in the order given representing their ascent from Spirit into Matter.
In addition to asking questions, this spread is very good at giving a snapshot of the soul. *Thus, you can use this spread to get a sense of who you are and why you do things.
This spread will give you answers about other people; but it is my hope that this spread will help people learn about themselves.