The Answer Deck - Spiritual

TheLovers2

My first reaction to this was, "Why did the author choose an eye to indicate spirituality?" Flowing with it . . . it has been said that the eyes are the window of the soul -- or one could said the window of the spirit.

Darn, but, she/he whoever this is doesn't miss a beat -- doesn't miss a thing. They see everything. The all-seeing, all-knowing. Much knowledge and wisdom and mysteries contained herein. Kind of High Priestess like. Whatever you need to know -- you already know by looking within. It's inside of you. I can relate to this because I believe in "living from the inside out" and this card says that to me. At least upon examination not having other cards to blend with.

If this isn't you, then whoever it is has your number and can see you for who you really are. For some reason, I'm reminded of Londa's "Who are you really?" card. Again, look within in order to see without.

Another thing I get from this is the obvious -- Somebody's watching you. They have their eye on you. I don't get a "get ready to get paranoid" type of thing; I just don't get anything bad from it -- (the card taken alone). Perhaps, it's the shape of the eye or something. I don't get malicious or cold from it. I don't necessarily get warmth either, but, perhaps, more an objective eye. I wonder what she (she?) sees in me? :)

The "eye" as a "fly" on the wall. Peering into your darkest secrets. Oooh. Or seeing just how happy you were the other day when . . . or how sad you were when . . . Still this one is no blabbermouth. Hey, there isn't even a mouth in sight. :D She's not gonna talk. ;)

TL2 :TLOVE

Alissa

This symbol is very potent to me. It definitely recalls the American one dollar bill's pyramid and eye, which lead to me to check out This site on Masonic information to see what I could find.

While the eye in a *pyramid* is not a Masonic symbol, the page also states: "The eye in a triangle is a LONG established symbol of the all-seeing eye of Deity with the triangle representing the three aspects of Deity of Christianity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit/Ghost."

This is a Christian slant, of course, but I have a strong Hindu background, and I see another aspect to this image.

In Hinduism, it is not uncommon to see mandalas and other holy designs that feature a triangle with a single dot, or bija (seed), as a center point. This focal point allows the meditater to enter the design, and go through it as a porthole to see what message(s) lies beyond. The triangle can be seen as also representing The Holy Trinity of Hindu Divinity, Siva, Vishnu and Brahma. ("Brahma is the creator, Vishnu is the preserver and Siva is the destroyer.")

For me, the pupil of the eye acts as the bija to this card.

I also tend to see the eye as feminine. I don't know why.

TheLovers2

Alissa: Re: the Triangle

Thanks for the information re: the Triangle. I knew there was something else I wanted to mention, but, as I was studying the card, it took me elsewhere.

I had no idea why there was a triangle shape enclosing the eye. Had I been thinking "pyramid" I would have gotten more meaning from the shape. I meant to say something about it to see what others in the group thought.

Thanks again. The Holy Trinity and the Hindu comparison -- I like it. :)

TL2 :TLOVE