the gifted one 1989 tv movie

HOLMES

I remember seeing this movie, I don't remember the ending,,

in it I remember a boy sending electricity through the water, healing sick animals and searching for something, I actually looked for the title for a while, til I just simply did a search on you tube for made for tv movies 1989..
and low and behold I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB2-XE0RE9w
I have no idea how long it will be up.

TV Movie | 96 min | Fantasy | 25 June 1989 (USA)

A young boy can transfer his body energy into ESP and heal sick people. While the subject of scientists' studies, he runs away to try to find out about his past and why he is the way he is.

Director: Stephen Herek
Writers: Lisa James, Richard Rothstein
Stars: Peter Kowanko, John Rhys-Davies, G.W. Bailey etc.
------------

to bad there was never a sequel.

check it out when you are looking for something to watch,, perhaps you saw it..
but I doubt it for it wasnt' released on dvd, or vsh and was probably was only once or twice that month.

celticnoodle

I'm watching this, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I've never heard of this before. I am about 1/2 way through it, and will finish it tomorrow, as we're watching the news now. Anyway, I have to say, its an interesting story line--but it moves a bit slow. Perhaps this is why it never made it past the made for TV movie. I'll come back after I've finished the whole movie and give my thoughts on it again.

HOLMES

yes

there is no mention if this was intended as a backdoor pilot on any site, there is French wiki entry about it but I don't read French.

for me the plot hole at first is he was able to heal pets when he was young, and the fingers of his dad . but he is unable to heal the plot device blockage in the little boy head. so the spend time trying to get the boy some surgery his friend and he. i know it is just a story written by healers and so it isnt' a bio of a person who was like this.
yet keeping with the reading up on healing techiques this I think would be an example of the old "there are sometimes healings don't work "
and it could by why in the very old days it was blamed on lack of faith on the patient. (talking about 2000 years ago aka jesus)

it does say something interesting that is such a man was born in the modern day he was just born 5000 years before his time ,, which could mean that jesus was born 7000 years before his time. eh :

at first I thought the doctor had simply switch the dead baby with the live baby on his own accord,, i didn't think it was the young mother who wanted it .

the mother has the power as the son,, perhaps it was a version of modern mother mary, except there was no talk off angels, visions, so the series wasn't going the biblical route , that is if it was supposed to be one.

one you tube comment thought it was a good ending with the heroe searching for his mom who might need him.