the goddes tarot

dare

im very new to tarot. and i use the goddess tarot and im not sure how they are supposed to be used can anyone tell me something about it. i love the art of reading but dont really know how i have been practicing but need more info. if anyone can help i really appreciate it. thanks dare

truthsayer

do you have the book that comes w/ the deck? the book breaks down how the deck is meant to be used. the author breaks down the suits, courts, and what each goddess rules in the deck. trying to guess how this one works w/o the book would be difficult and confusing. if you don't have it i believe it can be bought separately.

Jewel

Merry Meet Dare, I really hope you enjoy the deck it is very lovely. I have it in my collection, but have not worked with it. I would agree that you will want to buy the book that goes with the deck. Being new to the Tarot is really exciting (and it only gets better ;) ...) A couple of things I did as a beginner that I found extremely helpful were:

1) Got a notebook and each night went through two or three cards in the deck writing down all of my initial impressions.

2) I purchased the Mary Greer Workbook, Tarot for Yourself, and I still use it!

If you love your deck and feel the connection between you I would do the two steps above using your Goddess Tarot ... Then I would go purchase the Goddess Tarot book and deepend the meanings from that point forward. Best of luck!

nexyjo

for a while, i had a strong interest in buying this deck, but couldn't find a sample to look through. i saw a few of the cards on line, which i really liked, but i've been disappointed so many times when i've purchased a deck based on just a few cards, i wanted to wait until i was able to look through the deck.

so i bought the book. it was only like 8 dollars, and it has a black and white picture of each card. after reading the book, and looking at the cards, i decided i did the right thing. the deck didn't speak to me, and i didn't like many of the cards. i eventually found a sample copy of the deck to look through, which confirmed my original decision.

if i were rich, i'd buy the deck - it does have several cards that i really like. but there were too many that i didn't. it's funny - there are many decks in which i love the concept, like this one, and the shapeshifter tarot as two examples, where i just don't like the artists concept and/or style.

luv and light,
nexy

Logiatrix

dare,
i have suggested this to others, and i still do it myself: try to learn with a basic deck, like the rider-waite, even if you are completely enamored with your theme deck. use the two side-by-side, so you are comfortable with the basic symbolism, but are still familliar with your favorite.
BTW, the goddess deck has a workbook available (sold separately, also u.s. games), which i personally found more useful than the book that is sold with it in the typical u.s. games ensemble.
anyway, check out the beginner decks here on aecclectic...