THE PATH OF NON RESISTANCE....EXPERIENCES GAINED.

Michellehihi

I've been on a non resistance path for most of my life. "It Is What It Is" is my motto.
For those of you interested in giving it a go, I remember listening to an audio from Abraham Hicks about letting go. It explained it really nicely.
Basically, he talks about life being a journey down the stream. Everything you want is down the stream.
People usually think and feel like they have to work hard at things to get any sort of results, which makes them go up stream. Up stream is difficult. You are going against the natural current!
And if you can't stop yourself from going upstream, let go of the oars! The current will take you back down !
Well said.
I will look for this Abraham Hicks. I love the idea, it is refreshing and so peaceful, soothing, calming. I am so very content that you have started this thread re-pete-a.

I had started a thread a while ago on another theme totally, and the conversation developped to a point where I was accused to be careless and I was asked to "get of of the way" litterally (even if I was the one who started the thread) because I did not hold as a value to violently protect my territory. I felt hurt, left this thread. I had to meditate and breathe a lot to come back to a peaceful mind.

Now that I found this thread, it gives me back hope. Thank you!

re-pete-a

I've been on a non resistance path for most of my life. "It Is What It Is" is my motto.
For those of you interested in giving it a go, I remember listening to an audio from Abraham Hicks about letting go. It explained it really nicely.
Basically, he talks about life being a journey down the stream. Everything you want is down the stream.
People usually think and feel like they have to work hard at things to get any sort of results, which makes them go up stream. Up stream is difficult. You are going against the natural current!
And if you can't stop yourself from going upstream, let go of the oars! The current will take you back down !

I may have answered your post too hastily...

What I feel is being said is to let the OUTSIDE WORLD be just that ...a stream that is in flow...and not to fight against it...to which I whole heartedly agree...

It's the INSIDE WORLD that I'm referring to ... in this thread.

The way I see it is whatever happens to effect one, coming from the outer world stream of life, is drawn to you to be handled by your inner world. That inner world is also like a stream...one needs to handle the snags and traps beneath the seeable surface. Mostly the ones placed there by ourselves,many moons ago, that have formed our operating systems.

re-pete-a

Well said.
I will look for this Abraham Hicks. I love the idea, it is refreshing and so peaceful, soothing, calming. I am so very content that you have started this thread re-pete-a.

I had started a thread a while ago on another theme totally, and the conversation developped to a point where I was accused to be careless and I was asked to "get of of the way" litterally (even if I was the one who started the thread) because I did not hold as a value to violently protect my territory. I felt hurt, left this thread. I had to meditate and breathe a lot to come back to a peaceful mind.

Now that I found this thread, it gives me back hope. Thank you!

Thanks for the thumbs up post...

If I were in your situation I would be asking a quiet self question ...Something along the lines of, what part of me is being offended...then clear the mind and wait till the quiet feeling pops up ...it usually has an answer for you. Avoid why questions.

With that answer a small snag or splinter has been removed from your inner world and washed away in the passing stream of life. Which bought you the problem in the first place.

DDwarks

What I feel is being said is to let the OUTSIDE WORLD be just that ...a stream that is in flow...and not to fight against it...to which I whole heartedly agree...

The way I see it is whatever happens to effect one, coming from the outer world stream of life, is drawn to you to be handled by your inner world. That inner world is also like a stream...one needs to handle the snags and traps beneath the seeable surface. Mostly the ones placed there by ourselves,many moons ago, that have formed our operating systems.

Yes, you and I are saying the same things but coming from different angles.
Yes, the outside world is a flow one mustn't try to fight against but go with it. You understood me there.

But the inside world is a flow too, I agree.
The inside is only a reflection of the outside world.
The outside is a reflection of the inside world.
One has to be at peace on the inside to project peace on the outside.
One has to be suffering on the inside to project suffering on the outside.
I talk about suffering here in the Buddha sense.

This makes the inside world and the outside world, both sides of the same coin. The same flow.

Understanding this makes dealing with the snags and straps obsolete.
All you need to do is to go with it. It is the flow, the way it is meant to be right now. To deal with the snags and straps is to not accept the flow. It's trying to change the flow of things.
Acceptance however, keeps you where you are,for your highest good.
Accepting things as they are, accepting that some things make us react or some things we want to rise above, is to intend for the flow, inside and outside, to "evolve" with us.

What I believe you talk about when saying " what am I feeling here", rather than "why am I feeling this", is awareness of the self and mindfulness. It's principles come from the "what is" .....it is what it is, acceptance.

Where I think you're sort of losing your mindful way, is you going from acceptance of what is, to dealing with what is.
By that I'm referring again to your comment above " whatever happens to affect one, coming from the outer world stream of life, is drawn to you to be handled by your inner world".
I personally disagree with this.
It's not to be handled but to be accepted, as a reflection in your inner world, of the outside world. It wouldn't be drawn to you if you didn't have the receptors for it.
And you know you have the receptors for it. You talk about the snags and traps in our operating system. Those are the receptors. The connectors between what you see and what you feel. The inside flow and outside flow. One flow.
Dealing with them is to stop and think. The ego takes places.
Accepting them as part of the whole stream of life ( inside and outside) is to set your intention on next step, the moving forward step. The step out of suffering, for yourself and humanity as a whole.

re-pete-a

I would NEVER ask a why question to myself...I used to...until it was understood that the only answer, for me, to a why question is BECAUSE...many here and elsewhere won't agree with me on this ...that's their right...I would however definitely ask HOW ,WHEN, WHERE,type of questions of myself.

In a perfect world I would tend to agree with your understandings...Until that time comes , I'll stick to the understandings that work for me... The stream of life is understood for what it is and unless one is brain dead or perfect will be buffeted by it's flow.

I do like your analogies of inner and outer world streams...and I also like your idea of having both flow in unison....But they don't. Not for you or for me. If it were the case we would ascend immediately . There would be no need to be here on this penal Planet as previous masters have shown.

If we could get them to work together as easily as your suggesting there would be perfection...No need to release or to ponder anything...Yes we both have receptors up and have attracted ourselves to each other...and if we keep in contact until the snag receptors become unstuck we will both have gained our lesson and will drift out of each others proximity...naturally flowing away.

You will probably agree with me that the major lesson of this existence is to release all things,even life itself... to LET GO...To clean the spotted mirror...meaning to clear away all imperfections that attract our lessons to us. Even to the point of releasing this existence in favour of attainment of a higher ideal...
Very very few will allow that to happen due to the fact that the Egoic tendencies is to snap into survival mode....those past masters have also shown this to be the cork in the bottle of higher attainments. to be a servant of the Ego is to be snagged up...stuck on the lemniscape of repeated reactions.

The ultimate goal is to live and be the changes wished for...

So here we are ...together...I'm willing to learn ...

Michellehihi

Thanks for the thumbs up post...

If I were in your situation I would be asking a quiet self question ...Something along the lines of, what part of me is being offended...then clear the mind and wait till the quiet feeling pops up ...it usually has an answer for you. Avoid why questions.

With that answer a small snag or splinter has been removed from your inner world and washed away in the passing stream of life. Which bought you the problem in the first place.

Yes. This is it. I hear you.
I think it was the little girl inside me who remembered being rejected long long time ago.

re-pete-a

Yes. This is it. I hear you.
I think it was the little girl inside me who remembered being rejected long long time ago.

You have surprised me that you actually DID something to discover that operating belief...

Congratulations...!!

If I may point to a checkpoint of recovering from older beliefs...It's loaded with emotional discharges....you will experience this only if it's the real hidden belief...

re-pete-a

Another thing understood about mind while using the non resistance method is the hidden agenda of mind...

The reason behind it's loud protestations is to keep you buried in thoughts and mental arguments ...with the understanding that the thinker in the turmoil is totally right, a hero, always the offended one ,the smartest one, the winner...
Over time the mental noises start to repeat themselves ,coming from different viewpoints , yet always the same problem and always proving you to be right and winning. This process can repeat itself for many months ,years, lifetimes...

This preoccupation with mind then becomes self consuming to the point of becoming real and the only world lived in...which is the case for most that are alive...

One day the penny dropped and a A-HA moment descended on my mind like a gentle ton of bricks dropped from a great height.

The mind is not me....!!

It's something that I created...!!

Most believe that the mind IS themselves...! Just like I used to believe....

It can be a fiend or a friend ...but when in control of it's maker, becomes an egoic tyrant....

It will try to drain it's creator of all controls...road rage is just a tip of the iceberg...

This IS the unchanged destroyer that has silently run rampant throughout history.

This noisy monkey mind is the only barrier between you/me and a higher supa consciousness...

If I resist it, it enjoys the challenge...

If I deny immediate reactions to it's prompts I will slowly wrest back personal power and it will become 2nd in command.

It will take a lifetime to master ...

Life's trials and tribulations have a profound purpose...to shake this thing loose.

It's main leverage upon the self is fears.

it's best weapon is doubts.

It's best performances are seen in personal relationships.

Most are asleep to it's existence...

You / me will be attacked if we try to change the status quo of the system...

It will do all in it's influence to suppress it's discovery...

re-pete-a

Another lesson gleaned from non resistance is that all worldly situations that attract the attentions are there to show the inner persona... projected onto the outer world ... then bounced back at the viewer...

If one is in tune then the first thing to be done is to dig into the personal inner hidden world ...Fix that and the outer immediately changes...perhaps some residual echo's or back waves ...but will change and slip by ...

EG:
For me it goes like this...

The sky is always blue when observed(no thoughts)...

then a cloud arrives(thoughts) ...then more images are seen in that cloud...

more are noticed(one thought creates the others)..

Just clouds that look like things that remind of other things...

The clouds grow darker the more energy and emotions they arouse.

Pretty soon there's no blue sky left...Just noisy remembrance's blocking what is truly there.

Beautiful blue, peaceful acceptance.

re-pete-a

Everything that presents itself into my life has something in it to become aware of...something hidden and creeping around under the surface that needs to be addressed.

HERMES TRICE MAGISTUS:
As above , so below.
as within, so without.