THE PATH OF NON RESISTANCE....EXPERIENCES GAINED.

re-pete-a

Yet another learning lesson has just been had...Using the NON resistance method...Which I'll share with you here...

Recently I had a problem ...I chewed the problem over, doing what I could with what was available...

The course of action I took was a wrong turn...and was pointed out to me as such.

I still went with the flow, accepting it's existence, and doing what I could...yet all the while searching inside for the real problem...knowing that The outside world is a catalyst that stirs up the inner problem to be dealt with...If your willing and allow it space to happen...

This current problem ran it's course over several days... it was a repeat of the same problem from the recent past....THEN...out of the depths of the sub Conscious the original unresolved problem bubbled up and surfaced...

The original problem started....

WAYYY back in my early pre teen years I was constantly harassed in public about a private matter...the other person gained power over me by threats of exposure...I used to run away and hide, totally embarrassed..fuming and angry.

I suppressed it so much that The angst became buried deep in the mind ...

To hide it from ever threatening to happen again, I would attack...mentally , verbally and physically...hence never really resolving the deeply hidden root problem....My actions actually protected it and kept it safe...

The trigger ...Needling...( the recently found trigger)
which led to fears of exposure ...A compulsive drive to protect myself from exposure and embarrassment...

From experience , once the root cause is exposed and handled, the situation changes and tends to resolve itself...by itself.
I'm sure this current situation will disintegrate, now that the unresolved problem, that was buried for many, many years has surfaced...

The energies used to bury and suppress it will be released ...allowing more energies to be used elsewhere. Usually resulting in more awareness available...

Try holding an idea constantly . So constantly that it becomes a base operating idea .... infiltrating all your waking hours....now multiply it by many many years...

This is the basis of overwhelm or mental disorders...they can mentally and spiritually cripple...

There's only so much attention available from any one soul...it isn't infinite...this is also the basis of stuck souls or people, for that matter.
Altzimers is another example of fixed or overwhelmed attention...

The final act required to finish the task is to honestly thank the catalyst or perpetrator for helping to expose and resolve, as well as helping to release all of that suppressed attention...What a relief to not be "ON GUARD" anymore in that area...

May you find your peace too...

re-pete-a

Indeed ! following the way of Dao ... one does not believe , or not believe .

There is no need of belief, Dao is not something that depends on man's belief or disbelief as it is ever present and permeates all of life. Following he way of Dao is like crossing a stream or river.

One can go directly across and battle the raging current. One can even try going upstream. The Sage will choose his crossing point, and float downstream, carefully navigating, using the surging forces and still parts of the river to get to the other side.

That reminds me of a story . A young student of a sage sought magical power .

Why? asked his teacher.

The student responded that he had heard that another Master in a near by land was teaching his students magnificent feats of magic and he wanted to learn them ... he even heard that, after years of training, one of the students was able to walk on water !

The Master laughed and asked why anyone would want to do that. So the student left to find the new Master.

10 years later the student returned. He asked the Master to come with him down to the river. He took his sandals off and carefully stepped on the water. Then he slowly, step by step crossed the river, waved from the other bank and then carefully walked back and said to the Master ; 'Well ! What do you think of that ? "

The Master pointed down river to some people standing on a small wharf " I think you just spent 10 years learning to do what most people pay the ferryman a penny for ."

That is interesting as a story, but upon reflections it's not allowing one to walk their own path...
If that happened to a student of mine I would not mock him...I would ask him if it serves him...if so, it is good, if not ,so be it...10 years is not wasted following a dream...as all desires are dreams...I would suggest them to pick another one to follow...

Eventually the dreaming stops and personal observations, both internal and external become noticed...Leading to the unraveling of the self...and that self is but a dream also...

I have been harping on about the Ego's place for quite some time now....It is not our essential self...it allows one to be here in this present place of existence...It's the glue that binds our essential self to here...the glue weakens the closer we get to that essential self...
Which will never be found by living outside the self awareness...

This is the reason behind sufferings...it's design is fabulous...it keeps the focus outside and in the physical...
The nicest people are not there by accident...they have been molded by sufferings...Then they can have true compassion because they have known it themselves and know that it's a process of the potters kiln...to burn off the impurities is essential to the finished flawless product...

The 'straight and narrow' also known as 'walking the razors edge' is a Western belief, as the Tao's Yin Yang an Eastern belief ....

re-pete-a

I think it was Bailey or Blake when asked , postulated that the "Philosophers Stone was closer than you ever though..."

It is not for me to unravel that statement for you... it's for the dreamer to find...

Another quote from Kahlil Gibran...

"Spirituality is like an uncharted Oasis in the desert...That can never be reached by a caravan of camels..."

Basically , the intellectually inclined will never find it...

Perhaps better still....
The intellect will get you to the high places door...but only your heart has the key to open it....

ravenest

Well, its an old zen story ...better than being smashed across the back with a stick , better than having your finger chopped off ...that time the student got off lightly.

I cant see how his path was stopped, in any case , the path was walked (even over the water ;) ) , the teacher told him to go and do and have the experience.

The teacher is pointing out something rather important .. a valuable lesson, it would have been irresponsible of him not too.

teachers are supposed to do stuff like that ... even if it does bruise the students ego a bit ;)

re-pete-a

Your viewpoint is relevant and shows where your heart is at...

There's a world view...then there's a spiritual view...

The world view is survival...

The spiritual view is ...

re-pete-a

That reminds me of a story . A young student of a sage sought magical power .

Why? asked his teacher.

The student responded that he had heard that another Master in a near by land was teaching his students magnificent feats of magic and he wanted to learn them ... he even heard that, after years of training, one of the students was able to walk on water !

The Master laughed and asked why anyone would want to do that. So the student left to find the new Master.

10 years later the student returned. He asked the Master to come with him down to the river. He took his sandals off and carefully stepped on the water. Then he slowly, step by step crossed the river, waved from the other bank and then carefully walked back and said to the Master ; 'Well ! What do you think of that ? "

The Master pointed down river to some people standing on a small wharf " I think you just spent 10 years learning to do what most people pay the ferryman a penny for ."

My FEEL was nagging me about this story...

It has now come to me....There's a subtle hidden story in it....

I refer you to the previous post for clues

I wonder if you can get it too...

ravenest

My FEEL was nagging me about this story...

It has now come to me....There's a subtle hidden story in it....

I refer you to the previous post for clues

I wonder if you can get it too...

Yes, I get it and I know you do too..... as I know you understand the real value of inner work and that outward show off magic tricks are but sidhis ... actually, distractions on the path.

I know this because most of your posts are about the value of your inner journey and realizations and growth. I dont think I have ever read one post of yours where you bragged magic tricks or superpowers.

Thats my understanding of the story anyway < shrug > .

re-pete-a

Congratulations

Yes...Your exactly right...

Your a surprise package Mr Ravenest... in many ways we are the same..

Just working our way around the same elephant...

Zephyros

This thread veered unmanageably off topic, and the thread starter has been banned from the forum so I'm closing it. Thank you all for an interesting discussion.

Zephyros