the runes of elfland

Little Hare

when the book first came out i thought it came with actual runes. i've picked it up twice and i have to say its a wonderful book...but i'm being told to wait and it will come to me at the right time.

Jewel

~giggles~ well I broke down and got the book. I have not read it but I LOVE the artwork, and the last page has the elven runic alphabet. The faeries want me to learn it and use it a little, perhaps to write special messages within artwork, a hidden word that only they and I know is there *LOL*.

_N_

Actually, I'm waiting on this and Good Faeries/Bad Faeries to come in the post. Looking forward to them as I love his style of art, and Faeries, of course :D

N

Jewel

_N_ that is a great book! I have it, and have read it cover to cover. In the Transformational Tarot, there is a card that features one of the faeries from that book as well as G. Hobyah, and I think some Topsy Turvets. They are very small hidden beneath the tree roots in the card, but definetly there. You will love the book! There is also another coffee-table book titles Faeries I believe, which has Brian's art and is pretty neat as well. Of course the Faeries made me buy it as well *LOL*.

_N_

Well, it all started with the Faeries Oracle... I was hooked. I bought his book "Faeries" and that just sunk the hook in deeper ;) which is why I am now awaiting two more of his books LOL
Really though, I've always had a feeling for the Fae folk and when I got the Oracle it was like "WOW" - the scientific, unimaginative and disbelieving minds out there can scoff at me if they like but the Fae folk ARE REAL, I can talk to them and in their many varied ways, they talk back. I sense them, feel them, hear them and now, thanks to Brian, I actually know them better than I ever thought I could. Before they were just a vauge idea that the energies and auras I sensed might be what people over the ages knew as the Fae - now there is no doubt :D
OK, the nut is climbing down off of her soap box...

N

lark

_N_ said:
Well, it all started with the Faeries Oracle... I was hooked. I bought his book "Faeries" and that just sunk the hook in deeper ;) which is why I am now awaiting two more of his books LOL
Really though, I've always had a feeling for the Fae folk and when I got the Oracle it was like "WOW" - the scientific, unimaginative and disbelieving minds out there can scoff at me if they like but the Fae folk ARE REAL, I can talk to them and in their many varied ways, they talk back. I sense them, feel them, hear them and now, thanks to Brian, I actually know them better than I ever thought I could. Before they were just a vauge idea that the energies and auras I sensed might be what people over the ages knew as the Fae - now there is no doubt :D
OK, the nut is climbing down off of her soap box...

N
Spoken _N_ like a true believer.
Psssst we all believe too. :)
"clunut, clunut, clunut" the sound of one nut claping for another nut!

Laura~I have Runes of Elfland, I love it!
Wrote a little about it here www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18380&highlight=runes+of+elfland

Laura Borealis

Thanks for the link, Lark! (That practically rhymed! :D )

I didn't realize there was already a Runes of Elfland thread, or I wouldn't have started this one.

I still don't have RofE, because I'm short on money until I can get a summer job or a student loan. But I go visit it at B&N now and then. :)

I believe in faeries, too -- because it's fun. I'm a firm believer in un-firm beliefs. *hee* I think they're nature spirits, spirits of trees and rocks and streams and vegetable gardens -- and also household spirits, inhabiting antique roll-top desks stuffed with old letters, or lurking at the back of your clothes dryer, snacking on socks (always the left one, never both of a pair).

_N_

You know what's really funny? About 3 weeks or so before I got the oracle, I had told the Fae and the Dragons that they were welcome around the house and I would like to have an amicable relationship with them. I figured that if I was sensing them I may as well communicate :) They seemed to "loosen up" a bit and make themselves more known.
Then I got the oracle and met my Fae guide through meditating on what to put on my blank card. Ever since then it's as if they really feel at home and there has been a bit of mischief :D ...
My one cat is very "sensitive" to presences - even before I know there is a spirit or a Fae around he does. Well, he's been really jumpy lately and I finally saw why the other day - I noticed him becoming alert to the presence of something and he was looking intently at something when suddenly he shot strait up in the air, spun around and was looking for whatever it was that goosed him LOL I think the Fae and/or my Fae Dragon guide are having a bit of fun at the cat's expense :p

N

smokey

Well, I'm sold,lol, we ordered our Runes of Elfland today,& my S/O & I both LUV'D that music So much from "Woodland's" site, we got their CD, too! <sigh> ...There goes my Tarot allowance I saved 'out the window!'... ~<shrug> I'll enjoy Both enough not to miss it (too much!,lol)

qwaychou

Brian Froud must resonate with my family. I have this book, but my preteen daughter has connected to runes in a big way and absconded with my book, lol