The Tower - Major Tom's Deck and WTC

Major Tom

Sitting here watching the terrorist atrocity unfold on my TV - it really struck me that I was witnessing the physical manifestation of the archtypal Tower! It really hit me like a physical blow!

Always keen to put experience to use - I've created a new Tower card for Major Tom's tarot. You can see it on my profile }>

I have to say - I'm not entirely happy with the quality of the photo of the World Trade Centre that I used. If anyone knows where I might get a better (higher resolution) photo?

Your thoughts on the physical manifestion, the card, or the photo would be appreciated }>

purplelady

At one point on t.v. they showed a close up where people were actually flinging themselves out of the high story windows of the wtc's , I suppose to escape the smoke inhalation ,and I thought, sheeez! Whoever created the tower card centuries ago must've skipped ahead to the future and Seen it!
I like your tower card major tom!

New River

Hi Major Tom! I believe i put this in another thread but yes, i agree! it was exactly like seeing the Tower card come to life!

i'm sure many high res photos will be available in the near future.

love, light and peace, New River

MeeWah

Major Tom: It seems "to fit" the look of the other cards you've created thus far.
It is riveting! No offense, but it has an eerie feeling to it--one that comes by naturally, one would suppose because of what I associate the card with now.
I was at work when I heard of the destruction of the WTC or the Twin Towers & thought of The Tower card.

cj

Major Tom,

There are a few problems with using the The World Trade Center and the Tower:

The only feeling I get is sorrow and greif from your Towen. The Tower has always cried release to me not sorrow.

People may see this as a way to glorify the attack.

This card will evoke painful memories for many people.

I hope my response is the only neg. one because I think it is wonderful that you are creating a custom deck.

cj

cj

Major Tom,

I think it is wonderful that you are making a deck, BUT...

The Tower card you created using the World Trade Center feels verrrrry wrong to me.

I look at this card and see pain and suffering.

Maybe it's to soon to use painful images to evoke personal insight. The true meaning of the attack is just to fresh.

cj

Major Tom

Quote:cj (14 Sep, 2001 12:30):
Major Tom,

There are a few problems with using the The World Trade Center and the Tower:

The only feeling I get is sorrow and greif from your Towen. The Tower has always cried release to me not sorrow.

People may see this as a way to glorify the attack.

This card will evoke painful memories for many people.

I hope my response is the only neg. one because I think it is wonderful that you are creating a custom deck.

cj

Thank you for this CJ - I rather expect others will feel the same as you.

IMHO - The Tower card should evoke strong emotions.

I can assure you there is no intention on my part to glorify the attack. My intent is to create as you say a custom deck utilising photos of people and places in my world. The destruction of the WTC is the most obvious physical manifestation of the archtypal Tower that I have ever seen.

Major Tom

Purplelady, New River & MeeWah -

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you like the card.

Kiama

Major Tom: How many cards have you done now? And is that you in the Magician card? Who have you used for the court cards, and how have you done the Star and Death?

Do you still need anyone to appear in your Tarot cards?

Kiama

Major Tom

Quote:Kiama (14 Sep, 2001 17:52):
Major Tom: How many cards have you done now? And is that you in the Magician card? Who have you used for the court cards, and how have you done the Star and Death?

Do you still need anyone to appear in your Tarot cards?

Kiama

I've completed 17 cards so far - this is my 2nd version of the Tower. The first showed the local church tower :D

Yes, that's me in the Magician card :D

I'm using people I know (friends & family) for all the cards.

I haven't yet done either the Star or Death. Any women with long blond hair wish to volunteer for the Star? :D

Yes, I still need people to appear in the cards.

Kiama - you've got mail :D