The Tower & the Chariot for feelings??

HomingPigeon

Hi everyone!

I was doing a single card reading for someone's feelings and got the Tower. Which I took to mean their feelings had undergone some drastic change? Now we had a brief encounter recently, and it went swimmingly. He was both surprised and delighted to see me. It was a bit of an overwhelming moment, emotionally. So the tower kind of fits. *But* I didn't know what to make of it - whether it meant that they had changed for the better or worse or something else entirely? So I pulled a clarifier, which was the Chariot.
Does this mean that he's trying to regain control of himself? The Chariot after the Tower feels like either -- a.) He had a massive revelation and the feelings hit him out of the blue. So now, he's reigning them in or b.) he's going full speed ahead, in a concerted attempt to live out those feelings (the Chariot seems very purposeful to me, mind set on the prize) - as if now, they're all in.

What are your thoughts on this?

IndigoWaves

I would go with 'Option: a.)', myself -- but not necessarily induced by "revelation" so much as sudden, Mars-y, over-stimulation (Tower)... A Cancerian (The Chariot's astrological "ruler") does tend to retreat into his/her shell when feeling unsettled and decentralized, just as the RWS Charioteer would rely on protective armour in a risky setting... They often prefer a laid-back existence, or at least one that they feel they can control. So, if this guy is too often or too jarringly overwhelmed by you/related emotions, there may be a full-blown, galloping retreat at some point, or impenetrable silence. (If either of you is already committed to someone, or if he's been hurt by you in the past, an extreme reaction like that would be all the more likely... But if the way is clear, he might relax and come around eventually. Tread softly.)

HomingPigeon

Thank you, IndigoWaves for your take on this! :) And tying it to the symbolism of the ruler, Cancer, makes sense.. Yeah, I'll not be either directly or indirectly referencing anything in front of him.. We never do, anyway. :D It's just that this time, it was a palpable feeling...

Indygoflame

Hi. For me the tower which can also be connected to speech "peh" combined with the chariot which is connected to a fence or movable fence "chet", I could see a breakthrough conversation. The type of conversation that could remove the unspoken social barriers that both of you have so far adhered to.

HomingPigeon

Hi. For me the tower which can also be connected to speech "peh" combined with the chariot which is connected to a fence or movable fence "chet", I could see a breakthrough conversation. The type of conversation that could remove the unspoken social barriers that both of you have so far adhered to.

"unspoken social barriers that both of you have so far adhered to" - WOW, how did you pick up on that??
Yeah, there's a lot that goes unsaid, and we dance around the deeper issues/feelings. It's just like a powerful undercurrent. That sometimes spills out in strange ways.

Interesting observation & interpretation, thanks!

Indygoflame

Cool. I'm glad I could offer some relevant feedback. After reading your response, I also picked up on the horses on the chariot. Since they are two horses of different colors, it also got me to thinking about possible differences in background, ethnicity, religion.

HomingPigeon

Cool. I'm glad I could offer some relevant feedback. After reading your response, I also picked up on the horses on the chariot. Since they are two horses of different colors, it also got me to thinking about possible differences in background, ethnicity, religion.

:D So true, again! On all three counts. We're from different backgrounds, ethnicities, religions, you name it. Does that seem like a barrier in the card? Or is it just a matter of fact, like "it is what it is.."?

Indygoflame

First and foremost thanks for giving me feedback regardless if I was right or wrong.

I definitely don't feel like this will be a barrier unless one or both allow it to be that way. The charioteer seems focused and driven. Which indicates to me that there is forward movement. Plus he is facing us head on. My 2 cents is to find the common ground both of you share rather than allowing the obvious differences complicate things. The breakthrough in the tower will be discovering that youboth have similar interest and or behaviors unique to the both of you. Keep talking and being friendly with this person. Through casual conversation you will discover what you have in common. Best of luck.

HomingPigeon

First and foremost thanks for giving me feedback regardless if I was right or wrong.

I definitely don't feel like this will be a barrier unless one or both allow it to be that way. The charioteer seems focused and driven. Which indicates to me that there is forward movement. Plus he is facing us head on. My 2 cents is to find the common ground both of you share rather than allowing the obvious differences complicate things. The breakthrough in the tower will be discovering that youboth have similar interest and or behaviors unique to the both of you. Keep talking and being friendly with this person. Through casual conversation you will discover what you have in common. Best of luck.

*nods*
Thanks for getting back to me! I think I understand the vibe you're talking about now. It's true that we're a lot alike in some ways and very different in the more "apparent" characteristics, or things society would consider points of difference.
Yeah, we'll keep things going as they are and see what happens... :)