Ditto taking up the journey of "Know Thyself"
I grew up with a loose Roman Catholic upbringing which never 'fit' me - so mostly I just "went through the motions" and neatly avoided any conversations about belief (whilst secretly disbelieving and wondering to myself).
When I left home for University - I walked into my very first esoteric bookshop and saw all these books on other things. Wow! How wonderful. And I discovered beautiful Tarot decks too!
I read all about these other spiritual paths...
And later attended seminars at some esoteric bookshops I discovered.
I spent a week at a Buddhist retreat in Scotland.
I attended The College of Pscychic Studies for three years, studying psychic awareness, meditation and Tarot.
Simultaneously - I took on a really big personal development course called The Landmark Forum.
I think I must have stayed doing various courses there for about 4 years.
All this education was priceless.
And I did it all in the face of derision from my partner who told me I was wasting my money navel gazing. Lol.
My spirituality emerged (much to his dismay - and today he still doesn't understand it.
It has been one of the biggest wedges that warped our relationship overtime to the point of where it is now. Just an understanding - with LOTs of couples counselling. Lol.).
Today - I am an eclectic Wiccan (British Traditional Wicca).
Here for your interest - are the Secret Seven commandments from 'The Landmark Forum'
(for being and extra-ordinary person. and - "being extra-ordinary, is realising that you are ordinary and being OK with that")
1) Be "racket-free". Give up being right - even when you know you are!
2) Be powerful in your speaking - talk straight and take what you get.
3) Be courageous - Acknowledge your fear and then act.
4) Be peaceful - give up the idea that there's "something wrong". Allow things to just BE.
5) Be charismatic - give up trying to get somewhere, and be fulfilled in the present moment.
6) Be enrolling - share your possibilities in such a way that others are touched, moved and inspired.
7) Be unreasonable - in expectations of yourself and others beyond what you think you and they are capable of.
Be patient with yourself! - the journey of "Know Thyself" takes however long it takes.