Turned out to be so literal

UniversesCollide

This isn't a request for help, just something I thought I'd share.

The other day before heading to an amusement park I did my daily 3 card spread. I got The Whip + The Cross + The Snake
I understand how that would normally be read and at first I wondered if perhaps my daughter and I might have some tension since she started the day by informing me she was in a bad mood. Nope, she was fine and her mood quickly improved.

Here's where it got interesting, we were in line for a ride named after a snake when the ride broke down, we waited for things to clear for a while but ultimately the ride closed and didn't open again until later in the day. So there was the trouble with the snake. It didn't hit me until I got home and did my end of the day journal review.

Bonny

This isn't a request for help, just something I thought I'd share.

The other day before heading to an amusement park I did my daily 3 card spread. I got The Whip + The Cross + The Snake
I understand how that would normally be read and at first I wondered if perhaps my daughter and I might have some tension since she started the day by informing me she was in a bad mood. Nope, she was fine and her mood quickly improved.

Here's where it got interesting, we were in line for a ride named after a snake when the ride broke down, we waited for things to clear for a while but ultimately the ride closed and didn't open again until later in the day. So there was the trouble with the snake. It didn't hit me until I got home and did my end of the day journal review.

That's incredibke isn't it?
It's that thing of things being so obvious that we can often miss them.

Cheers!

Padma

I find the Lenormand (and the Tarot) can be incredibly literal, especially for day to day readings. In fact - I have a thread here somewhere in the Lenormand journals, two threads in fact, where others and myself noted daily readings and compared notes every evening. And mostly, the cards were *extremely* literal in their takes.

Today, I drew Snake/Whips and sure enough, had a problem with a hose (Snake) that connected to my car engine (Whips: engine, repeating thing). Also, after I left the garage, an earlier engine problem re-presented itself (so again the problematic Snake, and the repeating (Whips) engine problem). Very literal, to my view of things.

Barleywine

It's literal specificity is what I like best about Lenormand; it's very plain-spoken and doesn't offer many subtleties except in combination (but even those are fairly linear). The down-side is that interpretive "elbow-room" is limited. That doesn't bother me at all in the way I use it, but many people try to import tarot sensibilities to their Lenormand reading, which I think is a mistake. The Tower and the Moon are two good examples of that, as is the attempt to read psychological nuances with it.

UniversesCollide

Thanks, I love that about Lenormand as well and definitely make a point to stay out of Tarot gear when driving Lenormand roads.