Two and Threepeat readings

MsDeb

What does it mean when you pull cards lay them out, read them, put them back, shuffle again and the same cards come out twice/three times? It seems when I do a reading this happens quite frequently. It makes me think that I am not concentrating enough or erasing my energies for a new reading. How do you clear your spirit to start each reading fresh so this does not happen?

raeanne

When I get repeat or triple appearing cards, I usually take note of it. Usually it is some message that is really trying to get my attention. If you are shuffling the cards well and you don?t have any damage to a specific card that would make it stand out, then I would recommend looking closer at the situation. You might just ask the cards what the message is and let them tell you more by doing a spread just for the meaning of the repeated cards. Couldn?t hurt.

MsDeb

I figured there was a message that I was supposed to get, but I never understand what the message is. I need to meditate a bit more on the cards and pick up the message clearer I guess.

Original Destiny

Sometimes when I'm doing several readings , say at a Mind , body and spirit festival,I find that the cards start to form repeat patterns. Then I have to Refresh the deck when I get home. I use crystals to EARTH the deck,by placing them on the pack for 24hrs. I then use another deck for a few days. I find alternating decks also useful

MsDeb

I am curious as to what type of crystals. How effective are they when you are doing repeated reading. What is the best way to clear the deck, air, spirits when you are doing back to back readings for people?

Original Destiny

Quote:MsDeb (08 Feb, 2002 11:32):
I am curious as to what type of crystals. How effective are they when you are doing repeated reading. What is the best way to clear the deck, air, spirits when you are doing back to back readings for people?

Ok, I find that the best type of crystal for me is smokey quarts. I have tried several types,tried what the books have recommended but smokey quarts work best for me . I have also a large stone to place the deck on. I followed the recomendation of a collegue to carefully choose a stone when walking on the beach, it's easy to pick up a stone until someone tells you to CHOOSE a stone . It took me several months to find the perfect one. This is the Earth connection for the cards , the crystal is the focus. I don't know how it works but it does. If I have several clients back to back I rotate my decks, I use Rider W' , Sacred Rose and the Scalpini decks(think thats how you spell it). These things work for me. Trial and error,advice and familiarity have all contributed, You will find your own way