Unusual experiences

DownwardSpiral

OMG mingbop you gave me a good laugh : )

creepy is just sooo creepy! But a "favourite creepiest experience" : )

mingbop

It must have been to do with him, because he never came back to our building & I never saw anything like that again. Thank god LOL ! Have seen lots of odd things but that was the only seriously frightening one. And it made me think hard about a lot of things... I hate it when I have to think :)

Dancing Bear

I have had loads of odd encounters, But the one that startled me was , I had a spirit Girl visiting me for a bit. She died as a teen, and even though spirit she was typical teen.
Loved to shock. She promtly came up to me and sat on my lap..
My legs felt so heavy and where she was leaning up on my right shoulder.
I could move the rest of me where she wasnt.. except the bits she was sitting and resting upon.
I said to her, do you mind?
I wasnt expecting it from her and she knew it. She took her time to get off LOL!

This one frightened me!!
I was cleaning an old hotel, upstairs where no-one had been in such a long time.
Only the Boots bar man lived in the hotel now.. It use to be a place for wary travellers at one stage. Travelling from the Ports into the city..They stopped over night most times.
Anyway The place was known to be haunted, always in the morning an empty beer glass was always on the counter.
I had my suspicions it could have been the boots bar man and he didnt want to fess up LOL!!
But i always felt a presence in the Hotel.But i was ok withthis presence!! It felt nice!! This is downstairs anyway!!
Way back then i could see and sense spirit, but unable to communicate and i also wasnt overly understanding of it all, Unless it came as a knowing.
Well one day we needed to clean out the rooms upstairs. I was ok with it ( being tuff, LOL!) .. The regular cleaner wasnt and refused LOL!! Warning signs i ignored LOL! ( silly me)
Off i went into this room, starting vacuming and it stopped.. HMM turned it back on, it stopped again!! literally switched off by the wall..
I went to turn it back on again and I felt this really heavy thick presence baring down at me.. getting closer. It made me so uneasy and the hairs were standing on end, I was so scared. It just did not feel nice!
The room literally felt as if it got darker.. ( It had no windows)
I high tailed it out of there in such a hurry. I literally flew down them stairs and totally refused to go back up LOL!!
When i hit the bottom of the steps, vacume cleaner started up again!.. I got the boots bar man to go up and turn it off..LOL!
He always spoke of foot steps up and down the hallway. His girlfriend who slept over on the odd occasion started coming out with the same stories..
I worked there for another 4 years as a barmaid, but never went back upstairs LOL!

These days i would have told the spirit to sod off, and stood my ground..But back then it was a totally different story LOL!

re-pete-a

mingbop said:
It must have been to do with him, because he never came back to our building & I never saw anything like that again. Thank god LOL ! Have seen lots of odd things but that was the only seriously frightening one. And it made me think hard about a lot of things... I hate it when I have to think :)

Not thinking is called THUNKING.
It makes lots of noise to impress but nothing is happening.

To get it in proper englishee.

To THUNK (verb)
Thunking (present tense)
Thunked (past tense)

All are used in place of CONFUSED. But confused is silent.
So rather than silence , get busy THUNKING, it's sure to impress any during a vital situation and can waste precious moments easily.

It's a very impressive event when handled with finesse .
It can be a team event best performed when listening to political presentations.

celticnoodle

:laugh: oh, DB, I had to chuckle with your story. sorry. I know it was not funny at the time, but knowing you now, I know you'd put that spirit in it's place and probably scare them out of there! lol!

I just recalled my most frightening experience.

We were renting a home in Vermont, when we first moved into this state. The house was quite haunted. We always had spirit(s) opening doors, turning on the television, (loudly) and moving things around. It was built in the mid 1800s and use to be the Methodist rectory. Directly across the street was a funeral home that has been there for many years, so spooks abound!

So, anyway, I was working part time at that time, always from noon to 5pm. I went upstairs to get dressed for work, and I heard someone knock on the door. So, I ran down the stairs to answer the door and no-one was there. Back upstairs and a few min. later, the knock again. Aggravated, down I went a 2nd time, and no-one at the door, so I walked outside to check and couldn't see anyone.

Well, this happened a 3rd time, and I was yelling, "JUST A MOMENT!" as I ran down the stairs, checked the front door, no-one there, and ran as fast as I could to the back door and as I was opening it up, there is another knock.........

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BASEMENT DOOR!!! :eek:

now, the basement door was just beside our back door to this home, and there was NO ONE LIVING down there! lol! but that knock came on that door plain as day! I grabbed my purse which was right on the table beside the back door and my keys and ran out of that house as fast as I could! Never did figure out what it was in the basement, but I didn't care either, I just wanted OUT OF THERE!!!!

mingbop

It's a very impressive event when handled with finesse .
It can be a team event best performed when listening to political presentations.
I solemnly promise to practice all I can :)
CN I wouldnt like that at all. But I'd have to open the basement door! ( just like they do in the films before something horrible jumps out and takes their head off ) LOL!

Baroli

It seems now I am more comfortable with sensing spirit. I just moved to a 55+ community into a beautiful condo and couldn't be happier. The interesting thing is that these places have been around for about 40+ years and although not old, they're not new either. People have bought the places and have lived and died in them. I have two spirits that I welcome with open arms. They are a older woman with her little white dog. I first noticed them about a day after I moved in. I was sitting in my recliner, watching TV when I noticed as I looked into the kitchen it was darker suddenly and the lights of the digital clock in the wall oven kept getting blocked out. At first, I thought it was just the clock movig with time; but no, it was blocking out. As I'm looking, I realize it's a hand I am watching blocking out the light of the clock and upon opening my mind up some more I got the picture of this really cute little old lady. She was checking her roast in the oven. So far, I have seen her every Sunday, I am thinking she is cooking for the Sunday family dinner. Her little dog, follows her around and plays with my cat. It's really funny to watch my cat just sitting, minding her own business and then she looks up and starts to purr as if someone is petting her, or when she is playing she stops and rolls like she is rolling and playing with another cat or animal. They mean no harm, I call her grandma. She seems to like that.

Granted, it wasn't spooky, but it's fun to know someone is still cooking Sunday dinner. Occasionally, I will get the smell of roast beef, which gets me hungry, lol. :)

mza

celticnoodle said:
I heard someone knock on the door. So, I ran down the stairs to answer the door and no-one was there. Back upstairs and a few min. later, the knock again. Aggravated, down I went a 2nd time, and no-one at the door, so I walked outside to check and couldn't see anyone.
OMG CN I wanted to write about a similar experience but I thought it too weird for people to understand. Just less than 6 months ago I was rudely shaken from sleep by a series of nightmares in one night. I’d been plagued by bad dreams for a few nights before and this particular one seemed to be recurring all night. Sometimes it felt like I was being dragged out of my bed by one of my legs and when I resisted screaming (silently) and kicking angrily this presence would try to pull me by my hands and I still resisted. The thing seemed somehow immune to prayer and would not give up. I can’t remember whether I fully awoke from the dream several times or if it was false waking the whole time. You know how sometimes you can awake from a bad dream so that when you finally sleep again it’ll be gone. Well I think with this one I woke up just the once when I made a real effort to stay awake (some dreams just drag you back to sleep even if you want to stay awake!). I can tell you that when I actually kept my eyes open I heard a very loud knock. It seemed to come from my wardrobe. That scared the life out of me, none of my fear-filled prayers chased the dream away. I fell asleep unwillingly and probably two or three times the same thing happened. There was nothing in that wardrobe and I was all alone. But what happened after that was really creepy . Over the next couple of days in waking life I would often hear a knock at the door, usually very softly. Sometimes it was on my bedroom door and at other times at the front door. Whenever I hurried to check there was absolutely nobody there. I prayed like mad for the knocks to stop. When I told a friend she suggested that maybe someone was taking the mickey and just playing with me, but to be honest the chances of that are pretty slim as I live alone. And she herself wouldn’t have done that cos she lives miles away. There are no creaky floorboards to suggest that it was the house settling at the end of the day or my footsteps moving the floorboards. So I was either alone faced with a possible taunting spirit or it was a possibility that I was slowly going insane. I very much believed in the former lol!

DownwardSpiral

OMG Dancing Bear another creepy story : )

I had to laugh as I pictured you high tailing it down the stairs. Thank God someone else could turn the vacume off!

Baroli I really enjoyed your story. I've often thought about the 55 + communities and the fact that there's suddenly vacancies because people have probably passed on.

Ok so it's all good if I go through life with no creepy stories to share : )

MsRubyRain

I think I might have shared this story on another thread, but here goes....

One night I brought my niece home with me to spend the night. We entered the house through the garage door and I was a little puzzled that my dog Andy wasn't there waiting for us. He is always at the door waiting for me. We were standing in the kitchen when we both heard a man's voice say, "Good dog," and then Andy came walking down the hallway into the kitchen. I looked at my niece and asked, "did you hear that?" and she said, "yes!" So I grabbed a big knife and searched the whole house, and nobody was there.

I have been having some experiences lately that I am not quite sure what it is... Just between awake and sleep I feel like my third eye opens up (not really sure but it looks like that is what I am looking through) and I see snippets of people and things...I can't control it. I can lucid dream and my attempts to control this doesn't work. It's been happening a lot lately, it actually happened this afternoon. I was seeing people talking and then I would see space (stars and such) then I saw this spiral of colors and I can't really explain it... I felt like I was connected to something big. Not quite sure what this is all about.