Unusual experiences

Libra8ca

I have one unusual incident that happened to me when I was a child. I was maybe 9 years old and home alone.... I was playing with a keychain that was made of a metal ring with a plastic attachment that had the name of a shoe store on it. It was a promotional gift I guess, and the plastic attachment was salmon pink.

I put it on my large desk in my room and went to the living room to look for a book. While I was going through the bookshelf I suddenly heard a loud crashing noise. I was terrified and frozen in place! (Remember I was alone at home) I finally gathered up enough courage to go back to my room and nearly fainted when I saw that only the metal ring from the keychain was left lying on my desk and the plastic attachment was on the other end of the room broken into pieces. It had hit a glass balcony door and broke while I was in the living room!

I've never had any other incidences like this and I'm not sure what it was; maybe a poltergeist phenomenon? I told my parents about it at the time but I don't think they believed me. I remember them saying something about plastics having the ability to explode (plastic explosives). Well, in that case the shoe store should stop making keychains with plastic explosives :laugh:

A few years ago, I came across the book "Earth Energies and Ley Lines" and in it the author describes how electromagnetic energies generated by earth can interact with certain materials. He lists glass and toilet bowls containing water as being able to attract these energies among other things.
What is interesting here is that the keychain had metal and the plastic part hit glass which made me wonder if earth energies were involved in this incident even though we lived on the 6th floor of a highrise building at that time.

celticnoodle

I'm resurrecting this thread for another odd experience I had.

Because I'm all alone and kind of bored, I went looking for my reading thread in the Cat Deck Exchange. Just when the page was loading, I was sure I saw the words "Lion's Paw". I thought that maybe this was the name of the Spread of the Month or something. But when the page was fully loaded, I looked at the whole thing up and down, and those words were no where to be seen.

Cougar is one of my animal guides, aka "mountain lion". And a couple of days ago, my Reiki teacher mentioned seeing three dark shadow-spots in her apartment, arranged sort of like a pawprint. I told her I thought it might be Cougar, staying with her to keep an eye on her. (She has been having health issues, BIG ONES, lately.)

So what was it? A message from my spirit guides? If so, what does it mean? If not, what happened.
I am sure cougar is keeping an eye on her, due to your concern. Or do you think perhaps your teacher also has cougar as a totem? interesting story tho, NT.

wow Carla! that is also an amazing story!

OctoberGwen

I love reading this thread and have always enjoyed stories like these.

I don't think I've posted this on AT before; if I have please forgive the redundancy. I'll warn you, it's a somewhat long story.

Like a couple of you, I have only had one truly inexplicable experience and it has stayed pretty vivid in my mind all these years...and I'm someone who can't recall much of anything. Just ask my family or childhood friends. In any given conversation regarding the past, I'm always the one exclaiming, "I don't remember that!" :)

I was quite young, no older than ten but probably younger, and I shared a room with my sister on the first floor, at the back of the house. Directly outside the window that my bed sat next to is a huge bush; it's not mock orange (which is on the other side of the house), but it's been there forever and in fact is still there. It grows in the shadow of the section of the house that sort of forms an 'L', and because of it my old bedroom window cannot be seen from the road. The same was true back then, I am sure.

It was summer, and one of those extremely hot, oppressively humid nights that we get here sometimes. We had no air conditioning, and no fans in the windows unless there was one on the other side of the room in the window near my sister's bed. I can't remember, though I do not believe there was a fan running. My window was open, though, and I'd gone to bed with a damp washcloth in the hope that it would cool me off enough to allow me to sleep. I woke up some time in the middle of the night because I felt the washcloth being pressed hard against my face.

There was someone outside my window. I believe it was male, and I know that we had some sort of a conversation. I had the impression that the screen was gone, that he was leaning into the room. I remember thinking that I should pretend I had to go to the bathroom and then run into my parents' room, but I didn't want to leave my sister in the room by herself. I remember being terrified. The only words that I recall for certain were mine, when I clearly said: "Don't come back tonight. Don't come back tomorrow night. Don't come back ever." That's all I remember.

The next day, the doll's high chair which usually sat under the window, next to my bed, was moved and there were leaves from the bush outside on the floor. I told my mother what had happened, and she said I must have been dreaming - in her defense, I was prone to vivid nightmares and sleepwalking, but when she saw the leaves and examined the screen I think she thought I had done it. I'm sure she was scared that I'd climbed out the window or at least somehow removed the screen and replaced it in my sleep. A few days later my sister and I found a dead toad in our room.

I always assumed that some pervert or vagrant had come to my window and I'd somehow managed to make him go away - yeah, fat chance. It was only years and years later, when I was relaying the story to my other sister, that it occurred to us both that perhaps my visitor had not been human. Somehow I knew just the proper words to banish it, and it never returned.

Creepy, huh?

celticnoodle

Creepy, YES! wow, OctoberGwen! I hope you never have to experience anything like this again, nor would I want anyone to experience anything like this.

My son in law had as creepy an exeperience when he was a young teenager, similar to this and it is why he is TERRIFIED of anything psychic. He is a clairvoyant but terrified of it as I just mentioned so tries very hard to not have anymore experiences. Its really a shame, as I don't want him to be fearful of this, keep our daughter from developing her own abilities, which she has and prevent their daughter from developing as well. My granddaughter has shown that she has inherited the ability as well, and right now, her parents just pretty much ignore it, but not sure how they will handle it as she continues to develop and gets older.

OctoberGwen

My son in law had as creepy an exeperience when he was a young teenager, similar to this and it is why he is TERRIFIED of anything psychic. He is a clairvoyant but terrified of it as I just mentioned so tries very hard to not have anymore experiences. Its really a shame, as I don't want him to be fearful of this, keep our daughter from developing her own abilities, which she has and prevent their daughter from developing as well. My granddaughter has shown that she has inherited the ability as well, and right now, her parents just pretty much ignore it, but not sure how they will handle it as she continues to develop and gets older.

Yes, this is difficult. Hopefully your daughter and granddaughter will progress along their own paths, though, just as your SIL has his own path. If he is meant to move beyond his fear in this life he will; if not perhaps he will progress psychically later on.

I do wonder if my experience is the reason I seem to sort of hit a wall when it comes to developing my own abilities. I spoke with a psychic reader recently who felt that I do, in fact, utilize information from my Guides almost constantly, but it's something I'm not really aware of doing and I shouldn't 'worry' about it or feel like I'm not progressing. I'm fine with that; I'm very focused on raising my family right now and things will happen as they are supposed to. But I definitely shy away from any form of mediumship, and while I'm fascinated by ghost stories and the spirit world something always stops me from actively seeking it out in my own experience. Maybe I'm gun shy. :)

Has your SIL shared the details with you?

celticnoodle

Has your SIL shared the details with you?
Yes, some what. Like you, he was in bed for the night, and a spirit came to him and was trying to hurt him. It scared him badly.

NorthernTigress

I'm resurrecting my old thread, because I just had something odd happen to me. I was having a long bathtub soak to relax and warm up. I was lying down in the water for a long time, just sort of drifting. I was sort of hoping I'd get an idea for the next scene in my story/novella. Then, all of the sudden, I heard a whisper, just outside my left ear. It sounded like either "Claire" or "Clear". After being startled for a moment, my first thought was okay which is it? In fact, I said it out loud, "is it Claire or clear?" And then, just outside my RIGHT ear, I heard the same whisper. And this time is was definitely "Clear".

This time though, no matter how much I asked, there was no clarification (no pun intended). What's clear? What needs to be made clear?

celticnoodle

I LOVE this thread, (as you can tell by the number of posts I've made here, :p) I love threads like this. anyway, NT, if I were you, I'd keep asking my guides the same question--"whats clear?" till I get an answer.

Yesterday, I was sitting here in the living room, alone, on the computer, and no tv or radio or anything else on, when all of a sudden, I distinctly heard my name called. "Nancy!" I heard in a voice louder then a whisper, but not quite like someone talking to me in a normal tone. It also was most definitely, my fathers voice who c. out to me. :) or so I think anyway.

I stopped doing what I was doing, and sat back for a few minutes and asked silently, "what? daddy are you there?" but received nothing else from him. However, it was still comforting to hear him call out to me. I know he was with me then. He's always around me. :)

Melisandre

I had something odd happen to me just yesterday. I have been having what I think are clairaudient/clairvoyant experiences, but this was the first time something has happened where I was so very awake and alert. Most of my other experiences have occurred while in bed but awake or while preparing for a reading.

This time though, I was at work, walking to the ladies room so very much aware of my surroundings. I work in an old building that was originally a hotel. Our office is generally quiet and it was quiet as usual. As I was walking in the hall, I heard a very distinct male voice in my right ear say "hey!" it was unmistakeable to the point where I turned around thinking someone was talking to me. No one was around, I even checked the corners and all around the area to see if there was anyone in earshot. Not a soul.

It's not much, I know, but it was enough to startle me and to prove to myself that these things are not just my imagination!

MsRubyRain

Yesterday I was in between sleeping and awake and felt a hand put pressure on my back not in a forceful or harmful way, but where there was no mistaking I was feeling it.