Unusual experiences

newlillith

wow, newlillith, that was a crazy experience! Too bad you don't know who that spirit could've been and if perhaps she lived on that land before the camp was there, or perhaps died there. Though, as a child--that may have been too much knowledge to have after that experience too!

It definitely would have been too much knowledge. Even now, though I'd like to see or talk to spirits in some way, I think I'd jump out of my skin if I saw one as clearly as that woman.

newlillith

Thank you, newlillith... yes.... That was over 15 years ago, and I'm fine... other than carrying a wee bit too much weight, I'm at least as healthy as most of my peer group... Surgery and chemo initially, and then the Joy of life took over... Nothing like Joy to heal any wound, really, which is why I am so vocal about people honouring themselves and finding their passion! :):):) I think she was a happy spirit, if somewhat concerned... I hope that her helping me in turn helped her... :)

I'm glad you're better! What a lovely lesson for you on finding joy, and I love that you share that with others now. And who among us doesn't carry a wee bit of extra weight? ;)

Bhavana

It definitely would have been too much knowledge. Even now, though I'd like to see or talk to spirits in some way, I think I'd jump out of my skin if I saw one as clearly as that woman.

I don't think seeing a spirit would be half as bad as having one noticing ME...focusing in on me...or even worse, LOOKING at me. THAT would creep me out.

linnie

I don't think seeing a spirit would be half as bad as having one noticing ME...focusing in on me...or even worse, LOOKING at me. THAT would creep me out.
For me, having 'someone in Spirit' staring at me was seriously frightening, but, even more, very frustrating, as I so wanted to open my eyes, just in case I could actually 'see' someone, but my fear got the better of me...

I'm glad you're better! What a lovely lesson for you on finding joy, and I love that you share that with others now. And who among us doesn't carry a wee bit of extra weight? ;)
Thanks, newlillith... the entire cancer episode was an amazing learning for me, for which I remain grateful... I share, because being joyful or Self-respectful seems a small price to pay for good health :) I'm sure some of us don't carry extra weight, but I am at least exercsing now, and feel much fitter than in many years previous!! :)

I saw my granddad strolling up ahead and tried to mimic his walk: the rhythm of his stride, the swing of arms - how he held his head, shaped his hands - and in the moment that I had it I found myself inside his eyes, his length of spine. In shock I stopped and broke the spell, and as I stopped he stumbled, fell. As he rose he saw me standing there, came to me and, telling me "Never do that again," took my hand and walked me home.

...Next day Mrs. Hall was found dead at the bottom of her stairs. We were on the housing waiting list for that area and moved into her house a few weeks later. When I saw Mrs. Hall on the night that she died, it wasn't to be the last time I'd see her.
Wow... that is amazing, kwaw... Your Grandad must have been in tune, too, to have recognised what happened, huh? Amazing... all your examples are amazing... :)

kwaw

kwaw, I would read a whole book of posts of yours like this.

Ditto! Got a little chill reading the last passage...

Thanks OG & B :)

I have a few more such experiences I could relate - not enough to fill a book though!
(Well, maybe a small one.)

Wow... that is amazing, kwaw... Your Grandad must have been in tune, too, to have recognised what happened, huh? Amazing... all your examples are amazing... :)

Yes, the most puzzling thing about that particular experience was my Grandad's apparent affirmation of something having occurred.

DownwardSpiral

Ok the other night I decided to try out the virtual scrying mirror so I asked my question.
All of a sudden it felt like air was being blown in my right ear. Not soft but fast and forced....then I heard like a popping noise. Besides the fact no windows were open or fans on.....I was wearing a headband and my ears were covered

yirabeth

I grew up in a haunted house...although I didn't really realize it was "different" at the time. I've never seen a ghost/spirit since moving from that house.

Our house was an extremely old, bare-boards type construction, on what used to be part of the Spokane Indian Reservation. When the tribe had hit some hard times some years before, they'd sold the land for needed money. My (ex)stepdad refused to sell it back to them so they fenced us off the reservation..but the maps still showed it as being part of it.

So anyway, bare boards made up this house..there was even an outhouse! But some time later (but before my stepdad bought it) there had been a tiny bathroom added in. Us girls (there was 3 of us) slept upstairs in a loft type arrangement -- you went up the stairs, and the entire upstairs was open in a loft and we three had our beds and dressers there. Along the walls of the stairs (it was completely enclosed, like a hall way) there were big nails, which we would hang winter coats etc. Boots below the coats...

So one night, not long after we moved in, (I was about 9 then) my stepdad heard noises, and yelled at us girls to get back in bed. Actually he woke us up yelling..he was of the sort that believed in spare the rod and spoil the child, and none of us even DARED to defy him! So we cried and told him we weren't up, we were sleeping, etc etc. Well, he didn't believe us, and snuck from the living room where he'd been, to the bottom of the stair case to spy on us as we played. His plan was probably to catch us in the act and dole out spankings for it....soo.....he hears the thump thump thump, SNAPS on the light and jumps into the stair case and....Nothing.

By this time he's not mad any more, but curious. So he has us girls grab armfuls of coats and boots and stuff, which we just drop in the middle of the floor. He makes us go back to bed..and hides himself again. Soon the thump thump thump...He quickly turns on the light and...he saw a little boy.

So he said we had a little boy ghost playing on the stairs and asked us if we wanted to see it, he didn't know if we'd see it but we could try. My older sister was scared and didn't want to, so of course I wanted to. Anything to get one over on my sister! :p So my little sister and I sat at the top of the stairs peeking through the rail (there was a rail at the top so we didn't fall from the floor into the stair case) and we went through the lights off, thump thump, etc..and stepdad turned on the light again. Just for an instant I saw something...I wasn't sure, it was a shape but I couldn't tell what it was. My stepdad said it was a little boy playing with a ball on the stairs...

We never saw it any clearer, although we heard it occasionally from that time, til I was 17 and we moved out. Sometimes I would ignore it, other times I would be grumpy, "go away I'm trying to sleep!" that sort of thing...LOL I didn't think it was supposed to be all fascinating then, and so either it was no big deal, or it was annoying, depending on how much work I had to do, if I had school, etc.

I don't know who that little boy might have been, because my stepdad was very no-nonsense, and he didn't really care. All he would say is, "leave it alone and it'll leave you alone. Now go do your chores." Or, Go to bed. Or Do your homework. etc.

I guess because of my stepdad's no-nonsense approach to it, I was never scared, and never have been scared of the thought of ghosts/spirits...