Use tarot to improve your eyesight!

earthair

So a few months ago I started holding books at arms length to focus on them. My optician says it's middle age

:eek: *sounds of screaming* :eek:

He suggested I try some Bates Method, specifically to keep my short distance focus in trim. So I every day now I look through one deck, taking it in turns to hold cards at 1) arms length, 2) elbow length and then 3) as close to my eyes as possible, and it's working really well! I can focus close up again :cool2:

Eyesight- use it or lose it! Plus a brilliant excuse to get out a new deck every day when there are no readings to be done. I just look around the picture, not really trying to focus, but let my eyes take it all in.

mah jong

Being - ahem - middle aged, I appreciate you sharing the story of your success with us. Clearly, tarot is part of a healthy daily regime!

nisaba

Clearly, tarot is part of a healthy daily regime!

Oh, absolutely!

Try resistence-training with them, too: put heaps of Tarot decks into two bags, then a few more in the bag you're going to hold with your WEAKER hand. Then go for a brisk walk, swinging your arms vigorously.

Nonono, don't leave the bags at home! Take them with you.

JylliM

Thanks for sharing - I'm going to do this! Not that I'm middle aged or anything...(cough cough).

BodhiSeed

Thank you for my first laugh of the morning! :D
(Wanders off wondering if this technique will work for someone a tad past middle age...)
:laugh:

Barleywine

You could always buy the Giant RWS for this purpose! }) Unless you have really long arms, you could convince yourself it's getting better. I have kind of a sad story about this; when I was 14 my eyesight began deteriorating rapidly. The optometrist gave my parents some really bad advice and said "Just wait to see how bad it gets before buying him eyeglasses." By the time I was 18, my vision was 20/200 in both eyes and then they got me corrective lenses, which were literally "coke-bottles." Now I might walk into walls without my glasses (or contacts) on; they start my day even before coffee. Fortunately, lens technology has improved so much that I would now describe them - in my best John Cleese phony French accent - as "waffer-thin." (But also outrageously expensive.)

Achlys

Being - ahem - middle aged, I appreciate you sharing the story of your success with us. Clearly, tarot is part of a healthy daily regime!

This is what I'm going to tell myself and others when they're asking about my tarot obsession
-lol

celticnoodle

So a few months ago I started holding books at arms length to focus on them. My optician says it's middle age

:eek: *sounds of screaming* :eek:

He suggested I try some Bates Method, specifically to keep my short distance focus in trim. So I every day now I look through one deck, taking it in turns to hold cards at 1) arms length, 2) elbow length and then 3) as close to my eyes as possible, and it's working really well! I can focus close up again :cool2:

Eyesight- use it or lose it! Plus a brilliant excuse to get out a new deck every day when there are no readings to be done. I just look around the picture, not really trying to focus, but let my eyes take it all in.

Great idea! I'm *ahem* middle aged too & will start this myself! my eyesight isn't great,but maybe it will improve too. šŸ˜Š

agreed!

Thank you for my first laugh of the morning! :D
(Wanders off wondering if this technique will work for someone a tad past middle age...)
Nah, No one is past middle age, not even a tad, till they hit the big 3 digit number!!

You could always buy the Giant RWS for this purpose! }) Unless you have really long arms, you could convince yourself it's getting better. I have kind of a sad story about this; when I was 14 my eyesight began deteriorating rapidly. The optometrist gave my parents some really bad advice and said "Just wait to see how bad it gets before buying him eyeglasses." By the time I was 18, my vision was 20/200 in both eyes and then they got me corrective lenses, which were literally "coke-bottles." Now I might walk into walls without my glasses (or contacts) on; they start my day even before coffee. Fortunately, lens technology has improved so much that I would now describe them - in my best John Cleese phony French accent - as "waffer-thin." (But also outrageously expensive.)
You sound like my hubby. We both just got new glasses & he is always reminding me how light his "coke bottle"lenses are now compared to when he was a kid.

earthair

I was doing these exercises last night with the Night Sun deck. DH walks over and asks for a card so he can do it too. I picked random card for him...the Star. Well it certainly gave him something to focus on :joke:

Torann

These middle aged women here all have a cough it seems. :D :D :D