Vertigo Tarot Reedition Updates

.dc

hey all,

i just called Discount Comics direct for a status on the order...they thank us for the patronage btw. =)

and they got the decks in yesterday. those of us who used credit cards have been charged.

and they will ship my deck (and yours maybe?) out either late today or tomorrow.

so hopefully soon, i will be squealing in JOY again.

blessed be,
.dc

.dc

SQUUUUEEEEAAAALLL.....
they shipped my deck today. and we can track the packages thru UPS. yeay! i hope i have mine by the end of next week.

waHOO!!! waHOO!!!
happy bday to me, wot!
.dc
...and the boards are fixed, cos i can now post at home...wheee...happy day.

purplelady

Hi d.c.! I'm glad you are so happy,and happy b-day! This deck is on my long "wish list",but I feel kind-of ambivalent about it. Have never seen in person , only pictures online.For one thing I do not really read comics and am unfamiliar with the comic or story they are based on , though I'm aware there is one. For another ,they look kind-of dark,though specifically that isn't a problum.And aren't some of them "torsos"?! That just seems bizarre to me! But the re-issue is smaller in size, and has a companion book (I think?)and is a more affordable price......................it's still on the long wish list! Funny thing about the wish list,all of a sudden after collecting many of the decks on my list,I only want italian , foreign ,or hard to find decks! Maybe it's a landmark point in the collector zone! Anyone else hit this point?! However, I really don't have the funds right now.Also,I'm somewhat cautious about ordering from other countries or sites I've never ordered from.oops,I've gotten kind-of off topic here.

purplelady

p.s. wouldn't that be fantastic to just fly to italy for a day!

.dc

purplelady,

thanks for the bday wishes. i love the vertigo tarot (anyone sik of me praising this deck yet?) and it's my primary reading deck. i'm definately apart of that dark culture and have read very little olf the sandman comics (i have, however, read most of gaiman's other books).

the limited edition came with a hardbound book... with meanings. since i have not seen the book for this version, i do not know if it's the full text as the limited or a watered down LWB.

the reason i am getting this version is so i can retire the longer ones and have the shorter ones for down and dirty usage. i think i will even use someone's suggestion on how to break in a new deck by letting the new vertigo sit and play with my old one to soak up the year and a half's worth of history in it.

hope this helps.
blessed be.
.dc

joya250

purplelady,

I have the orginal Vertigo Tarot.... and although I appreciate the artwork (Dave McKean!) I never use them. They sit all wrapped up in a wooden box. I find them extremely hard to read with.... maybe it's because they cost so much money (my b/f got them off e-bay for like $130) and I'm scared to wreck 'em. But I also think that it's the images. They just seem so... dark, I guess the word would be. The book that accompanies the deck helps (explains, for example, why all the pages are torsos).

Overall I reccommend purrchasing this deck. If not for everyday use, at least as an additional to a tarot collection.

cheers!