what do you think that happens If you request to be frozened after die

ivanna

I was reading on the newspaper that you can get your full body frozened and conserved untill science is able to bring you back to live, also possible with only your brain.
In the meanwhile, what happens with your soul? Ahaha whi knows?
Nice question. Maybe your karma dues are going to be payed with the enormous shock that must be to turn to life again 170 year after, in a body that is not yours, with no family, no friends, nothing, and being the guinea pig of 1million scientifics wanting to explore your bkdy and brain with 1 million of painfull medicall tests...

danieljuk

I think it's a separate thing Ivanna to dying because say you have an illness or in a coma and you are "frozen", you are trapped in that state! you are not dead or alive, just like food in the freezer, it keeps in a good condition for maybe a long time.

If the person is not actually dead than I presume they can't "cross over". the soul cannot release if you believe that idea or you can't reincarnate if you believe that idea.

To me it sounds quite horrible, it's neither alive or dead! It's living in a trapped limbo!

AJ

if you are thinking about it, you need to make arrangements and prepay. They won't do it if it is just something you told someone you wanted done.

Personally, I think the world will go dark before anyone one is successfully brought back from being frozen.
The whole idea is a ego trip to the 10th degree.

WhiteWolfy

If someone has died than the soul has already left the physical body and even if someone froze the body it would be no use trying to bring it back to life as there would be no soul there to guide it. As Daniel has said if someone is in a coma the soul is still there (but probably travels in and out of the physical body).

Whatever will they think of next :)

tarotbear

I have never understood the cryogenics concept. If you're dead that means you have died. If you buy a dead fish at the seafood counter you cannot bring it back to life. IMHO - you would have to be frozen (to death) at the instant before you die. {I think there is a SF story of a man who was hypnotized into not dying the minute before he died. When they woke him from his hypnotic slumber months later he died.} Do you really think that scientists in the future 150 years down the road will be able to resuscitate the dead? What if they can't? What if the technology never is developed? Who is paying to keep you frozen for 150-200 years? The people who run these cryogenic freezers are laughing all the way to their waterfront property in Aruba because you paid them 10,000s of dollars and you're dead and will never know if they even try to unfreeze you or not. It's a great scam.

Rhapsodin

I have never understood the cryogenics concept. If you're dead that means you have died. If you buy a dead fish at the seafood counter you cannot bring it back to life. IMHO - you would have to be frozen (to death) at the instant before you die. {I think there is a SF story of a man who was hypnotized into not dying the minute before he died. When they woke him from his hypnotic slumber months later he died.} Do you really think that scientists in the future 150 years down the road will be able to resuscitate the dead? What if they can't? What if the technology never is developed? Who is paying to keep you frozen for 150-200 years? The people who run these cryogenic freezers are laughing all the way to their waterfront property in Aruba because you paid them 10,000s of dollars and you're dead and will never know if they even try to unfreeze you or not. It's a great scam.

It's the same issue to me with organ donation. Before removing an allegedly dead person's organs, they anaesthetise them. Why? Do they believe (as sometimes happens to be the case) that the donor isn't really dead?

.o0o.

ivanna

I think it's a separate thing Ivanna to dying because say you have an illness or in a coma and you are "frozen", you are trapped in that state! you are not dead or alive, just like food in the freezer, it keeps in a good condition for maybe a long time.

If the person is not actually dead than I presume they can't "cross over". the soul cannot release if you believe that idea or you can't reincarnate if you believe that idea.

To me it sounds quite horrible, it's neither alive or dead! It's living in a trapped limbo!

I have no idea about if they frozen you after you die or before. Urrrrg. I would never do it. I believe in souls and reincarnations, or at least, something must be there, so I leave my space on the fridge free for those who want to waste a buch of coins. :D

ivanna

It's the same issue to me with organ donation. Before removing an allegedly dead person's organs, they anaesthetise them. Why? Do they believe (as sometimes happens to be the case) that the donor isn't really dead?

.o0o.

What?

They anaesthetise the organs, or the person?

celticnoodle

I agree with AJ and WhiteWolfy. I think its an ego trip to the 10th degree and also agree with everyone who feels it is a scam. Like TB says, the person getting your money for this is laughing all the way to the bank while they buy up waterfront properties all around the world, (not just in Aruba!).

Like WhiteWolfy mentioned, the soul has already left the body before the person has died. So, they wouldn't be able to resuscitate the person.

Why would anyone want to even do this? If it was possible say in 200 years--who would you know alive then? what would you know of life as it would be in 200 years?

Nah, I'd rather pass over and move on to the next plane of existence.