When started woodcut printing?

firecatpickles

You may also want to look at early music sources, as woodblocks were first used to copy music onto parchment, etc. This also makes sense if you consider that woodworkers at the time were already used making instruments; therefore woodblocks, not a far cry.

I remember as an undergrad at UCLA, endless, nightmare musicology courses that shared information along these lines. You can contact UCLA Musicology Department instead of the Vatican. You will get a better reponse and more reliable information from scholars eager to prove something, hehehe... ;)

KK
:THANG

Huck

kilts_knave said:
You may also want to look at early music sources, as woodblocks were first used to copy music onto parchment, etc. This also makes sense if you consider that woodworkers at the time were already used making instruments; therefore woodblocks, not a far cry.

I remember as an undergrad at UCLA, endless, nightmare musicology courses that shared information along these lines. You can contact UCLA Musicology Department instead of the Vatican. You will get a better reponse and more reliable information from scholars eager to prove something, hehehe... ;)

KK

This sounds interesting. If you've some better information, how to reach this discussing schiolars, that might be helpful.

firecatpickles

Let me check to see if any of my old buddies are getting their doctorates and I will PM you...

KK