Which path to follow?

ravenest

I would prefer things like meditations, spells, maybe try to contact spirits once grounded and protected, rather than the herbal side. .... The herbal side of a witch did not call me yet ...

So ... it is narrowed down a bit :) , yes, maybe leave 'contacting spirits' until you a grounded and protected. Meditations and Spells ? What sort ... and for what reason ?

Is there a specific need ... or are you just drawn to it ?

You could start off by practicing a 'spell' that grounds and purifies you and your household, that way you are doing two things at once; the spell and the practice for grounding and protection.

No long prayers ... no diety ... (no pentagram on the kitchen floor :) ) ... limited time ... hmmm . How do you feel about working with the 4 elements ; fire, air (incense), water, and earth (salt) ? - I am thinking of a ritual you might be able to practice.

celticnoodle

Ivanna, I'm glad that I could be of help. I also like what Ravennest posted above. I think, in your case, with wanting something easy, short and simple-no praying, finding a simple ritual you can do is a great idea.

You might want to search for grounding and protection techniques here too - on A.T. It has been discussed many, many times and so many people had some great ideas for grounding and protection. some are very simple and easy to do.

ivanna

Ivanna, I'm glad that I could be of help. I also like what Ravennest posted above. I think, in your case, with wanting something easy, short and simple-no praying, finding a simple ritual you can do is a great idea.

You might want to search for grounding and protection techniques here too - on A.T. It has been discussed many, many times and so many people had some great ideas for grounding and protection. some are very simple and easy to do.

Hi celticnoodle.
I will look to those grounding and protection technigues here. Will search then tonight. This + the book + the PTRC, I think I have enough for tome time :)

ivanna

So ... it is narrowed down a bit :) , yes, maybe leave 'contacting spirits' until you a grounded and protected. Meditations and Spells ? What sort ... and for what reason ?

Is there a specific need ... or are you just drawn to it ?

You could start off by practicing a 'spell' that grounds and purifies you and your household, that way you are doing two things at once; the spell and the practice for grounding and protection.

No long prayers ... no diety ... (no pentagram on the kitchen floor :) ) ... limited time ... hmmm . How do you feel about working with the 4 elements ; fire, air (incense), water, and earth (salt) ? - I am thinking of a ritual you might be able to practice.

Narrow down = restricted, also an english lesson included :D
Yes, my free time is limited, it's a pitty, but It will be so until I win the lottery :D

About which spell are you talking about...? Let me know... :D

In the meanwhile I will be busy with the suggestions made by Celticnoodle. I have already bought a thick notebook. :)

ravenest

Narrow down = restricted, also an english lesson included :D
Yes, my free time is limited, it's a pitty, but It will be so until I win the lottery :D

About which spell are you talking about...? Let me know... :D

PMed one to you

Barleywine

I started down the path many years ago, reading Gerald Gardner, Raymond Buckland, the Farrars, etc. for grounding in the tradition, but for a "solitary," Scott Cunningham was the most accessible from a practical standpoint (even if he has been slighted as "wicca lite.") Recently though I've been more drawn to druidry.

ivanna

Scott Cunningham is one of the most recommeded authors, but I also thought he was a bit wiccan... but if so many people is recommending him, I will have to give him a chance, maybe skipping some wiccan details.

PathWalker

Try looking up these for starters

Hedgewitch - Rae Beth
The Real Witches Craft - Kate West
Hedgewitch in the Cauldron of Avalon - M.S.Saille

They each take a different approach, but contain information about dates of significance, herbs, elements, some simple spell work, and different ideas on spiritual matters.

Not sure how easy they might be to find, but Amazon might give you an overview.

Other writers who might be useful, but might not have the emphasis you want are Scott Cunninghm, Marian Green, Elen Hawke or Glennie Kindred.

I'm sure there are more US writers that might be useful that I don't know so well, being UK based.

Good luck with your search
Pathwalker

Not sure that you saw or responded to my post - there are some other suggestions for solitary work, less wiccan orientated perhaps than Cunningham.