wish card

daisy

isn't the 7 of cups the wish card? the world seems to mean fulfillment or happy resolution, unless I'm mistaken

Rhiannon

daisy,

I wouldn't say that the World is neccessarily THE fullfilment card or the 7 of cups THE wish card any more than I would say that the 4 of Wands is THE marriage card. You have to take these cards not only at face value (?) but also in the positions they inhabit within a spread. Look at the big picture.

Rhiannon :)

joya250

actually, the 9 of Cups is most often referred to as the wish card.... but in reality, ANY of the cards can be a "wish" card, if you read it as such. if you desire a card to mean a certain thing, then despite the traditional meaning, you are going to read it how you WISH or how you desire it to be. .... 7 of Cups is more like the "illusionatory" card (in simplistic terms)....

misifu

Ok,
I had to add my two cents on this one. Traditionally, the 9 of cups is considered the wish card. However, note also that it can also mean gratification and sensual indulgence. There are other cards that are very positive cards; cards that give a "yes" answer, i.e., the Sun, the 6 of Wands, 10 of Cups, the World. Also, in certain readings this card did not necessarily mean that the wish comes true, but that it will happen "for sure". Anyway, that's my two cents worth, hehe.
Lots of Love,
Misifu

tarotbear

The Nine of Cups is usually considered the 'Wish card' (I never use it that way). My question is : if you have the querent make a wish and this card comes up ( regardless), the wish comes true, but if it doesn't- their wish does not come true? What are the odds of that one card coming up in the reading to begin with? One in 78? Seems kind of arbitrary to me. {What if they wished harm on someone?}

EveAnna

In one of my books the Nine of Cups is regarded as the wish card but in the meaning it warns 'be careful of what you wish for, you might just get it' Now that always makes me smile (for some unknown reason) :)

purplelady

Quote:misifu (24 Aug, 2001 01:34):
There are other cards that are very positive cards; cards that give a "yes" answer, i.e., the Sun, the 6 of Wands, 10 of Cups, the World. Also, in certain readings this card did not necessarily mean that the wish comes true, but that it will happen "for sure". Anyway, that's my two cents worth, hehe.
Lots of Love,
Misifu

I would have to agree with misifu! I very recently did a celtic cross reading for myself,and Though I'd been wishing Very intensely for something,I did not ask the cards about That,because frankly I didn't even want to face a negative answer. So , asked the cards something like "how can I be more positive", then my celtic cross had the sun, the 10 of cups AND the world AND my wish came true a few days later! It happened For Sure!