Marseilles again (Study Group)?

Moonbow

....... Marseilles again ........

I notice lots of Marseilles pips threads just recently. Lovely jubbly, but is there a Marseilles study group? Does anyone want to start one? I'm a novice so would love a place to go for this.

Tallarico

Off Topic!

Lovely jubbly

What a cute expression. What does it mean? : )

Moonbow

off topic 2

It doesn't really have a meaning. Its a comical way of saying lovely. Maybe its Cockney slang though???? Most, if not all English people would have heard of it. (forgot where I was for a minute??)

Moonbow

back on topic

......... Marseilles study group anyone??? .............

jmd

This Forum initially began as a Marseilles study group, with only a few of us posting various reflections on each of, initially, the Major Arcana cards.

There are two ways this may continue, one of them, and the simplest, is to go to each of the threads for each of the Major Arcana cards and contribute (ie, add) posts to them.

Whether or not the subject has alrady been included earlier is irrelevant, for each question or comment brings its own tone and connotations.

The other way is to begin a new area in the Study Groups, and see if it works. Problem is, much of the existing threads will be either referred to or duplicated. I personally would prefer the former :)

Moonbow

Hi, jmd

I see what you mean, there is certainly alot of info there already. thanks

Moonbow*

jmd

... there may be many ideas, but only from few people.

New reflections, questions, and spontaneous ideas are really welcome and encouraged.

It should also be pointed out that this Forum is not only of history, but of the cards' iconography - ie, their images.

It would be wonderful to have additions made to the reflections we have previously made, whether or not they take them into consideration :)

Moonbow

jmd said:
... there may be many ideas, but only from few people.

New reflections, questions, and spontaneous ideas are really welcome and encouraged.

It should also be pointed out that this Forum is not only of history, but of the cards' iconography - ie, their images.

It would be wonderful to have additions made to the reflections we have previously made, whether or not they take them into consideration :)

jmd, I would love to participate in the discussions about Marseilles cards. This is my problem: I have one deck (Tarot of Marseilles - US Games 1996 ed. based on the deck by Jean Dodal)
and 1jj Swiss cards, I have just purchased The Tarot by Jospeh Maxwell - which if I'm honest - I find difficult to get into. I find it a difficult read and just loose interest.

Now where do I go? You may only be a few, but you have so much knowledge that its hard to join in without making you all repeat yourselves from previous threads. Maybe I'm lazy and need to put more effort into cards?? Maybe this is all just way over my head?? Maybe its just easier to look at and use the RW decks?? Maybe I just want it all handed on a plate?? I'm a little frustrated.

PS I am working my way through the threads on Marseilles........

Moonbow*

spoonbender

just to let you guys know

I've been reading through the old threads here every night (I find them very interesting), and I'm planning on adding my thoughts on the cards as soon as my exams end (German tomorrow: I just can't remember 'das Pult') and as soon as I have some time to read in my new book 'Ombres et Lumières du Tarot'...

I'm gonna go study some more now,
Spoonbender

jmd

Moonbow* asks 'Now where do I go?'...

Some prefer a more systematic study, others to slowly flow into the images and their interweavings.

May I suggest that given the 78 week work some of us are about to engage in, this is a wonderful opportunity to not only deepen our individual work, but read about the cards (slowly), post reflections at the end of each week, and, also very importantly, post questions about the card images as they arise - with regards to the Marseille, maybe in the threads in this Forum.

It doesn't matter whether the questions have 'already' been answered, for new ways of even looking at the question may arise for each of us. The questions may remain unanswered for a while - for that is often the nature of important questions. But they would be seeds planted which would be given time to germinate and sprout various leaves.

This is just a suggestion, nothing more... for we must each find our personal ways of working.