Tarot of Delphi

headBruja

I'm excited to announce that after a year putting my heart into this deck, the Tarot of Delphi, it is finally on Kickstarter. I invite you to watch the 2-min video and check out the cards: http://kck.st/1aCmrN9

This is an elegant deck illustrated with absolutely stunning Neoclassical Victorian artworks from 1838 to 1913. The deck is populated with goddesses, gods, enchantresses, legends, heroes, mythological creatures, priestesses, artists and worshipers from Classical antiquity.

Let me know what you think…!

magpie9

Beautiful deck! But I couldn't get the video to run....

HudsonGray

The video ran for me.

I'm wondering - the final third of the deck, if you can't get copyright permission what will you do for those cards?

trzes

Do you ship to US only because of copyright issues?

I'd love to back the campaign and also to pay extra for the usually insane shipping cost from US tho overseas if I can get a deck in the end :)

headBruja

Video

Beautiful deck! But I couldn't get the video to run....

Hi Magpie9! If you can, try playing the video in another browser. There's been about 200 views of the video so far, so I know it's working for some people. Hope this helps!

headBruja

The video ran for me.

I'm wondering - the final third of the deck, if you can't get copyright permission what will you do for those cards?

Hi HudsonGray,
Great question! I've already checked the copyrights on all images for the deck, and they are all in the public domain in the US. The remaining 1/3 of the cards have not been released yet, because I do not have the images in high resolution (I need to purchase them, which is part of what the Kickstarter funding will be used for). It is not a copyright issue, in other words.

In addition, Kickstarter backers will help choose the final images for several cards, so those cards will be released once KS backers weigh in.

Thanks for your question!

gregory

I might well back it - if it were available outside the US. I might even work around this...

headBruja

Do you ship to US only because of copyright issues?

I'd love to back the campaign and also to pay extra for the usually insane shipping cost from US tho overseas if I can get a deck in the end :)

Hi trzes,
Yes, it is a copyright issue. It took a good deal of time, effort and investment to identify copyrights for the entire deck and alternate images. Because of differences in copyright laws from country to country, I was only able to do this for the US, where I am located.

Eventually I would like to offer this deck in other countries. Each export location, however, will require a good deal of research and probably hiring a copyright lawyer from that country. Hopefully, it's in the cards! :)

Tarot Terry

Your gorgeous deck

Stunningly, and sometimes hauntingly beautiful. Can't wait to work with it!

gregory

I assume if it is mailed to the US, what happens after that is none of your concern and you cannot be held responsible, she said thoughtfully....