The Rabbi's Tarot.

ozzimo

I own the Rider Wait pack, and so i went to a book shop in Glastonbury and picked up this book The Rabbi's Tarot, spiritual secrets of the tarot, by Daphna Moore. I find it fascinating and wondered if anyone here is familiar with this particular teaching. If so is their a study group? or point me in the right direction for more of this teaching ? thank you x

jcwirish

Hmm? Sounds interesting, but I'm not familiar with this. You can check the study threads, or you can start your own study group as well. Maybe you'll get everyone else interested. :D

Good luck. I hope you find others who are familiar with this book. I'm sure you will.

moderndayruth

I haven't heard of it before, so thank for the heads up!
I found online book can be bought here:
http://www.daphnamoore.com/tarot.htm

Down the page, there is an excerpt from the book, on Hierophant.
It would take a learned, Hebrew-speaking Kabbalist to say whether that makes sense though...
I personally get somewhat suspicious when i see Kabbalah, Christ and Yoga all on one page... Usually Kabbalist speak from their own tradition, so do Christian mystics and Yogis too; a bit of everything... don't know, really.

jcwirish

Just checked, there are no groups for this. That might be telling. MDR knows what she's talking about, and I trust her instincts.

Hopefully someone who knows the book can offer more insights.

ozzimo

Rabbi's Tarot.

What i find interesting about this particular book is the huge amount of description on the symbols within the cards. Their is a little hebrew and numerology in each opening chapter but then it becomes very interesting. This particular book only refers to the major cards. maybe i could cross reference each of the symbols in your card meaning section. Although i have had these cards for many years i have just pulled the finger out lol. so its a little new to me. thank you for your patience. x

ozzimo

jcwirish said:
Hmm? Sounds interesting, but I'm not familiar with this. You can check the study threads, or you can start your own study group as well. Maybe you'll get everyone else interested. :D

Good luck. I hope you find others who are familiar with this book. I'm sure you will.
I have started a study group on the works of Dapha Moore if you wish to have a look :)

Teheuti

The material is a little too eclectic - a sometimes annoying mixing and matching of Catholic, Yoga philosophy and Kabbalah as someone said, but it does have three authors - being a set of notes that passed through several hands and then was published by Moore. However, if you are really into the work of Paul Foster Case and Jason Lotterhand and want to go a little deeper & wider with the implications of their materials, then this can be a very good book for jump-starting a new level of thought and meditations.

arya ishtar

i got this book about 10 years ago, and it was wayyyy over my head. held onto it (usually i pass things along) and tried again a few months ago. it was a hard read. and a lot of it is still over my head. didn't realize there were 3 authors, which explains the jumpiness and inconsistencies. also i wonder if they all had the same editions of the same deck, because in some of her descriptions i found myself saying "nuh uhh!" to the book. a lot of it didn't resonate with me, but there were enough gems and ideas and observations that i am glad i persevered and got through it. (my husband clapped and we celebrated when i finished!)