business name help?

Butterflies and flow

Hi , i am butterflies and flowers, my name is Melodie,I would like some advice and suggestions for a name . i have finally plucked some courage to start reading for people professionally. I am deciding on a name but being new I am not sure what to choose. i want it to represent how I read, my aim is to help people to answer their own questions through tarot, i read oracle cards, do numerology and colour reading. I think colour is very important in our lives. I have read some of the suggestions and advice for other readers, and appreciate any you will give for me, thank you

Saskia

Hi BB, you might get more comments if you post to Talking Tarot section. This section is for help to yse AT forum. :)

Alta

Moved from General Forum Help.

Grizabella

A lot of people just use their real name. I use the ID name I use here on the forum because my own real name is not that interesting. My real name is Ellen but that's about as interesting as library paste. One of my favorite spirits is Elen of the Ways, though. I guess I could spell my name the same by dropping the second L and it might be better.

The way I chose this ID name and stuck with it is because in the movie Catssss the character of Grizabella is the tattered old glamour cat and that's how I feel. I was once all spiffy and into glamour but now I'm tattered and old and on to other things but I still like to wear sparkly things. I just felt a kinship with that character. :)

I'm Granny Grizabella elsewhere on the net or even Granny Griz.

You should pick something that's symbolic of you if you don't want to use your own name. Something that sort of describes you or expresses an important element of yourself.

Saskia

Why not use your name? Melody Tarot? You say you're into helping by encouraging people to answer their own questions. How about Harmony Tarot, which mixes Melody and colour/thought harmonies? Or something from that area, like Spectrum Tarot, Synaesthesia Tarot (which is a bit difficult for spelling, though)? Maybe play around with words that relate to colour, harmony, seeing the spectrum of thoughts and options... Flow Tarot?

Also, who is your main audience? Butterfly Flow tarot might attract young(ish) girls, but not necessarily any other age groups or men (not saying it couldn't, this is just speculating). Who do you want to serve mainly? How to speak to them? Also, would you like to have tarot, numerology our colours in the name or just go with something like "Find harmony with Melody" etc?

I'd say the main thing is to have a short enough and catchy/easy to remember name. If you set up a website, you'd need something that tons of other people don't have yet, and also something that's short enough for a website name and easy to search (easy spelling).

nord_drache

Good luck in starting this venture - if you're following your passion to embrace a satisfying calling then you're on the path to success.

My idea for you is Chrysalis Oracle - to highlight the oracle cards and metamorphosis to a higher state through wise council.

Jim

Debra

Welcome to the forum. I'll also encourage you to use your real first name, which is pretty and easy to remember and spell. A hard to spell name is bad for a business!

Ruby Jewel

Good luck in your new endeavor....and a lifetime of learning. I chose my grandmother's name which had been passed down to my sister. I feel her spirit is with me when I read...also wear a lapis pendant for her spirit to reside in. She was a Cherokee Indian...and a spiritual being.

Tanga

I just used my name. :) "Tanga's Tarot". :)

You could brainstorm some ideas which might spark something off...

True colour Tarot
Tarot colour
Your card colour...
Tarot talk
Tarot questions
Card wisdom
Path of the cards
Melodie readings...

NightVision

Everything you've written puts me in mind of beautiful gardens in the spring. The idea of colour and butterflies especially. I don't know if that helps?

Melodie's mystical garden?