Does Tarot ever get used by a "good guy/gal" in a movie?

gregory

The People Under the Stairs

Sulis said:
It's quite scary in parts and is full on, edge of the seat type horror too.. Wes Craven at his best - good stuff :).

I LOVED it ! Thanks for that Sulis - it was GREAT !

I actually found a few bits funny.... and I don't scare that easily. But wonderful stuff !

Sulis

gregory said:
The People Under the Stairs

I LOVED it ! Thanks for that Sulis - it was GREAT !

I actually found a few bits funny.... and I don't scare that easily. But wonderful stuff !
It's wicked isn't it? One of those roller-coaster rides of a movie where you don't have time to get your breath before the next thing happens. I think it's meant to be darkly funny in places too.
I think I may have to watch it again :).

JSNYC

Sulis said:
I think I may have to watch it again :).
I think you certainly should! :D After picking up the Tarot it was nagging me, I knew there was a movie in which I had seen Tarot cards that I wanted to watch again... Then I remembered this movie and bought the DVD. I think the movie takes on a whole new dimension for a Tarot reader.

Carla said:
By the way, we just watched 'Tombstone' last night, and right before a couple of the Earp brothers gets shot, one of their wives pulls three cards--Tower, Death and Devil.
I love that movie! "I'm your huckleberry." (Doc Holiday is the best!) I own the DVD so I guess I will have to watch it (yet) again. :)

gregory

JSNYC said:
I think you certainly should! :D After picking up the Tarot it was nagging me, I knew there was a movie in which I had seen Tarot cards that I wanted to watch again... Then I remembered this movie and bought the DVD. I think the movie takes on a whole new dimension for a Tarot reader.
I'd think so ! I'd not seen it before, but.... I shall lend it to my daughter, too !

goddessof1967

There's an episode of Mad Men where one of the characters does a Tarot reading with the RWS - original I think. Also, at the end of the the acknowledgements after every episode the logo is the Sun card. I found that very interesting!

goddessof1967

Elven said:
I have just completed directing, producing and writing a short film which uses the Tarot to depict the life contract of a characted called Alice-Rose. The trailer is up on YouTube and shows 3 cards. You can see the trailer if you search for The Choices of Alice-Rose.

thanks for the link to the tarot movie site as well. thats great.

Cheers
Elven
Wow Elven! You are full of surprises. This movie looks great, you're a clever little cookie hey? When and where can the whole movie be viewed? How are you anyway?

Elven

goddessof1967 said:
Wow Elven! You are full of surprises. This movie looks great, you're a clever little cookie hey? When and where can the whole movie be viewed? How are you anyway?

*waves madly to goddess* :laugh:
Im well, thankyou! Hope you are too!
The movie is a short and wont be out for public internet viewing until its finished the short film circuit this year. But thats what Im concentrating on now - making films. I've done 10 films now, 'Alice-Rose' is my latest, and there's a few more in the pipeline for this year, so its all moving along nicely. I have a few more esoteric ones to do, so I hope to stretch out a bit on the decks/cards I use on films.

Thanks for taking a look too ;)
Good to see you goddess!
Cheers
Elven x

goddessof1967

Elven said:
*waves madly to goddess* :laugh:
Im well, thankyou! Hope you are too!
The movie is a short and wont be out for public internet viewing until its finished the short film circuit this year. But thats what Im concentrating on now - making films. I've done 10 films now, 'Alice-Rose' is my latest, and there's a few more in the pipeline for this year, so its all moving along nicely. I have a few more esoteric ones to do, so I hope to stretch out a bit on the decks/cards I use on films.

Thanks for taking a look too ;)
Good to see you goddess!
Cheers
Elven x
*waving madly back*
Well I am impressed with your new career.
Is it coming to Melbourne? To a festival here or something?
I look forward to seeing as many of your works as I can.

I'm very well thankyou (apart from splitting my forehead open earlier today at the park!), have a gorgeous little boy who is 13mths old and currently a fulltime Ma. Not alot to read on these days - Tarot etc., that is.
In a lovely relationship too.

Best of luck
Lots of love to you xxxx (are you on FB?)