Does Tarot ever get used by a "good guy/gal" in a movie?

cronegoddess54

A while back there was a tv program called, 'The Others' It was a group of people that employed all different means of pychic abilities. Satari read the tarot, one young man used 'signs' on streets, cars buildings etc. to predict. Another was blind.....they were people that would do good....not scary or in any way evil. I liked that program....does anyone remember it?
Cg54

WolfyJames

I remember that tv show The Others, I never missed an episode. I really loved it, it showed "real" psychics and each had a specific gift. And by "real" psychic I mean they were not ridiculously super power psychics that guessed everything (like in Ghost Whisperer), they were limited and they needed each other's talents to complement each other. Unfortunately the show was not popular and it got canceled after 13 episodes. Satori used a Rider-Waite I think for her readings.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229916/

gregory

Carla said:
I just ordered The Red Violin. :) By the way, we just watched 'Tombstone' last night, and right before a couple of the Earp brothers gets shot, one of their wives pulls three cards--Tower, Death and Devil.
I COMPLETELY forgot that ! GREAT movie....

nisaba

gregory said:
TV - there is the wonderful episode of Father Ted; Not good, though. Not good at all :D
<outraged> Not good? NOT GOOD? I loved it! So much that I had to buy that deck.

Chiska

People Under the Stairs - I believe it is "Fool's" sister that read the tarot and laid down what was going to happen to Fool (the main character - a little boy).

yirabeth

This is gonna sound weird, because I'm not a TV watcher (or movies for that matter...) BUT...LOL I was over at a friend's house about a year or so ago, and her tv was on. In it, these cop-type people were figuring out a murder, about some people they found buried under a fountain in the city(after the reader had told them to dig there) and a tarot reader was giving them hints. She was a good person, although at the start she was the main suspect. Turns out her sister was one of the victims, although she herself didn't know that at the beginning.

I don't know the name of the show though :( I can recall what the main male and female cops looked like, and the tarot reader....but that doesn't help as I'm not up on actors/actresses' names either. But maybe someone will remember this episode after I jogged their memory? :)

Actually I think the guy was called Bones?? Don't laugh at me if that's not even possible because I dunno! LOL

~Yira

Laura Borealis

yirabeth said:
This is gonna sound weird, because I'm not a TV watcher (or movies for that matter...) BUT...LOL I was over at a friend's house about a year or so ago, and her tv was on. In it, these cop-type people were figuring out a murder, about some people they found buried under a fountain in the city(after the reader had told them to dig there) and a tarot reader was giving them hints. She was a good person, although at the start she was the main suspect. Turns out her sister was one of the victims, although she herself didn't know that at the beginning.

I don't know the name of the show though :( I can recall what the main male and female cops looked like, and the tarot reader....but that doesn't help as I'm not up on actors/actresses' names either. But maybe someone will remember this episode after I jogged their memory? :)

Actually I think the guy was called Bones?? Don't laugh at me if that's not even possible because I dunno! LOL

~Yira
Was the tarot reader played by Cyndi Lauper? She played a tarot reader on a show called Bones. I haven't seen the show, but I saw a clip on YouTube.

Attachments

• cyndi_lauper_on_bones.jpg
    cyndi_lauper_on_bones.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 50

gregory

nisaba said:
<outraged> Not good? NOT GOOD? I loved it! So much that I had to buy that deck.
Oh the EPISODE was BRILLIANT. (I had to buy the whole series on DVD... well, no, to be honest I'd already done that; when people wanted to know what the deck was I had to watch them all to find it !)

But the message was not a good one :) Death three times - in a row :D I guess the READER was a good gal, though.

yirabeth

laura_borealis said:
Was the tarot reader played by Cyndi Lauper? She played a tarot reader on a show called Bones. I haven't seen the show, but I saw a clip on YouTube.

Yes, that would be it! So it was the show called Bones, not the main actor...LOL

~Yira

goodsoup

I know of one movie where a "good" character uses tarot. In "A Walk on the Moon," the Jewish grandmother does a few tarot readings. The character is very warm, loving, and family oriented! :)