Experience from a tarot reader just now

kellyshay

( During the whole reading process, I didn't say a word or given her any confirmation as to if she was on the right track as I wanted to test her and see if she was the real deal)

Keep in mind, she also mentioned earlier in the post that this mind/block thing also included the shuffling process. "As I wanted to test her and see if she is the real deal". How is that assuming on my part?

and your point is?

SunChariot

My friends have been telling me about this reader for more than a year now. They all said that she is very accurate and everything she said have came true..She can even see people that has passed away..
So I thought why not..I made a booking with her..and today I went to see her..
She is a very friendly person and her house is very comfortable. She invited me into a room and sat me down..she handed me her cards and told me to shuffle it and separate it in half when im ready..So i did that and she asked me which half I wanted to choose for her to read....So i went with the one on my right. (During the shuffling, I purposely not ask any question or think of anything at all..Kept my mind blank)

She started putting out cards on the table without any spread at all..and just keep putting it out..( During the whole reading process, I didn't say a word or given her any confirmation as to if she was on the right track as I wanted to test her and see if she was the real deal)
She started by telling me I have a great communication skills so I should be using that to my advantage. I should be doing something that I can use my communication skills..
She started telling me I would be a good travel agent or an air hostess which by the way are the things I wanted to do when I was young..but not anymore..
Then she started saying that I am very intuitive and I have very strong sixth sense. I can see the future..like an old gypsy..She said that my mind is connected to heaven and that I could receive a lot of messages..
She started saying that I could be a reader if I wanted to..She said I have the gift to be a reader...She said that I am a nurturer and that I love helping people..She said I could do this at home over the internet...She then pointed to the high priestess and said that I have a lot of spirit around me that is helping me do this

She also told me things about my husband and me and my kids which are all accurate..but its not relevant here.. :)

I am so suprised that she could say all that when I didnt say anything at all! Its true that Ive been studying tarot and wanting to be a reader that work from home..
This reading have given me a confirmation of what I'm suppose to do in life!
Its funny how she was reading the cards too, she totally ignored the card's meaning and she read the pictures! She was using the Ancestral Path Tarot but she is not using all the cards..some cards a missing from the deck!..

I'm happy for you that you got that confirmation. :heart:

Oooh I used to have the Ancestral Path Tarot, I know it is now OOP. I traded it here a long while back.

There are many ways to read. Whatever calls to you as a reader and works best for you is valid. She sounds like she reads a lot like I do actually.

I never use spreads really. And I tend to get 99% of the meaning from the card images, I do have set meanings, but they are personal ones for the most part. So if I read for you and didn't tell you what I was doing you may not make the connection between the traditional meanings and the ones I use. It's possible your reader was incorporating her meanings for the cards into the reading, but her meaning may not be the traditional ones and if you did not know her meanings you may not have seen it.

But yes, Tarot does work and it can work very well,. It's a truly magical thing.

But glad you had such a beautiful experience.

Babs

SunChariot

This conversation about "keeping your mind blank" seems inane to me, but I'm open to the possibility that I'm missing something key, here. What does it matter if she keeps her mind blank? Is that s0 the reader can't read her mind????

Mind reading is still psychic, no?

I guess it depends on how you think Tarot works, And we all have different ideas about that and no one knows for sure. But to me, I believe that divination is a communication with the Divine. I usually see that as either my or the querent's angels. So in my mind, it would make no difference at all what was going on in the querent's mind. I am not trying to connect to them in any way anyway.

But again that is just my opinion. And I would guess that mind reading and Tarot reading are two different things.

Babs

kellyshay

Sounds like she reads like you do. She did say that she communicates with spirits and they gives her most of the message. She sees them too.

SunChariot

That does sound very much like the way I read. I believe I am communicating with my angels, but that is similar all the same. I usually don't hear the answers audibly, although I have at times. Usually, it's just a sense of inner knowing, I tend to feel it inside and I feel completely sure. That is how they tend to usually communicate with me. When you turn off all thought, you open yourself up to perceiving other forms of communication.

I don't see them visually often, but I have 2-3 times n my life,....although now that I am into Scrying I do tend to see them in my crystal ball, sometimes quite clearly....

But yeah, that sounds like she reads in a similar way to me.

Babs

Mr. Woolery

I'm actually glad that there are others who will approach a reading with some skepticism. I want to note that a real skeptic is not the same as a non-believer. For me, if I am not sure about someone, I will allow him or her a chance to convince me, but I don't want to give it away. Anyone who knows about magicians who do "cold reading" will know what I mean. It isn't hard to use some stock statements and general-purpose comments combined with clear observation and shamelessness to give a reading that is convincing to 75% of the people you meet who have little or no experience with your chosen oracle.

All that said, if she is picking up on what you need to hear, and with you deliberately giving her no clues to go on, then it sounds like you really got what you needed from this reading.

I don't mind someone not playing along, so long as the sitter isn't deliberately trying to mess me up and play stupid games. I respect that other people don't believe what I do. Frankly, there are loads of people here on this board whose beliefs are totally different from mine and that's fine with me. I can respect any sincere and considered belief that acknowledges the basic worth and decency of other human beings. I also understand where someone is coming from when he or she is unwilling to share anything that might simply be parroted back in an effort to convince him or her that the reading is more than it is. I do mind very much if someone is there simply to make me look stupid.

To carry the dentist analogy a little further, if I go to a dentist and say one of my teeth hurts, can you see anything wrong on the lower left, I've given as much information as he needs to know where to look. He can then tell me that I have two cavities in that area, but only one of them looks like it is deep enough to cause pain. If I go to a reader and say I want general guidance, that's like just asking a dentist for a checkup. He'll find what's there and assume that noting is really bothering me acutely. The reader, if genuine, will find what I need to know in a general reading and not feel a need to look at particular aspects too deeply if I have not said I need something in particular.

-Patrick

SunChariot

And yes, unfortunately there are some readers who are dishonest and scam people. (sigh).

Babs