Temptress Tarot

rylla

Thanks for sharing. It looks interesting. I've asked about the minors, borders, size on kickstarter. Hope she'll post an answer.

rylla

She answered. She says that it's going to be RWS type, borderless and 3.5"x 5.5" (all to my liking :)

ETA what a turn off! I was about to back it but shipping is crazy expensive! NO WAY it would cost so much in reality! and that's the biggest turn off (if I'd order I'd feel cheated!)

JylliM

Pretty sure this is an Australian deck. Shipping with any kind of security (registered, etc) IS crazy expensive from here. Likewise, we pay ridiculous shipping to get decks delivered here unless they're from Book Depository or similar. It's so much harder for us to support self published decks for this reason.

rylla

Pretty sure this is an Australian deck. Shipping with any kind of security (registered, etc) IS crazy expensive from here. Likewise, we pay ridiculous shipping to get decks delivered here unless they're from Book Depository or similar. It's so much harder for us to support self published decks for this reason.

Shipping is $25 to Australia as well (taken from her ad on kickstarter). But she might be in the States as shipping to USA is just $9.

JylliM

Oh okay. I saw a post by her on an Australian Facebook page so I just assumed...

jema

I just don't see the tarot in this, remove the text from the cards and I would REALLY struggle to identify them.
Also, not keen on the art at all.

stone_lotus

Hmmm....

I'm in love with the name, but honestly the artwork seems fairly unskillful to me.

Nemia

Spelling mistake in Hierophant... well...

I don't like the art at all. It looks amateurish and lacks expressive power (a plus that less than competent art can have). I'm not usually so harsh and I understand that the artist is an illustrator with publications to her name.

But neither from the art pov nor from the tarot pov does this deck do anything for me... How will she fill 78 cards?

The market is saturated with decks by wonderful artists who did their homework and then some. But if there is a market for this deck - why not? Maybe I'm too picky.

ETA: Another thing: I see no temptation here. If you call a deck Temptress - then tempt the viewer. For me, there is no tempting pull, no power of fasciation... sorry.

gregory

I don't really like it much - but $25 postage (to Canada or to UK) is - sadly - fairly standard these days (it is a 3 x 5 deck, too.)

Her bio says she's in Las Vegas.