The Lost Code of Tarot

Scarlet Woodland

Pips or no, I'm really tempted to preorder this wonderfully eccentric deck next month, but find myself befuddled by the editions. There seems to be a more expensive limited edition one and a standard one. Does anyone know if there's an actual difference, or is it just a case of one comes under LS and the other comes under Llewellyn?

http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=lost+code+of+tarot&search=Find+book

Would be happy to pay extra for an actual special edition, but obviously not if it's just the same thing with a different ISBN and "limited edition" printed on it!

Anyone else tempted? :)

rwcarter

There was discussion of a deluxe edition in 2016 Lo Scarabeo Catalog. Looking through the catalog, I remember seeing a deluxe edition. Have to preorder that. Thanks for reminding me!

pickled pixie

Doesn't one come with a book and the other is just the deck? I really want this deck too!! :)

skyfiery

Oh, I definitely want it!

I tried searching for it on the Lo Scarabeo website but nothing came up though.

Although...I just saw them on the Book Depository link. Lol. Thanks, Scarlet Woodland.

Scarlet Woodland

Doesn't one come with a book and the other is just the deck? I really want this deck too!! :)

That's what I wondered at first but on the llewellyn site it still describes the cheaper one as a kit and 8" × 5" which is basically the same size as the posh one.

There was discussion of a deluxe edition in 2016 Lo Scarabeo Catalog. Looking through the catalog, I remember seeing a deluxe edition. Have to preorder that. Thanks for reminding me!

Hoping it is a deluxe one... would totally go for that:)

Oh, I definitely want it!

I tried searching for it on the Lo Scarabeo website but nothing came up though.

Although...I just saw them on the Book Depository link. Lol. Thanks, Scarlet Woodland.

Haha, you're welcome :)

It's been a while since I've been properly excited by a new tarot release (by my standards ;)) but the more I look at this, the more I turn into Tigger. The box set pictured on the kickstarter page update looks stunning... whichever one it is :D

Hopefully someone from LS can pop in and confirm for us, hint hint ;)

Scarlet Woodland

Is it PIPS ?!? Booooo.

I know, usually I'd be right there with you but have actually been on the lookout for a really vintage/distressed looking pip deck that appeals to me, so didn't have to be disappointed this time.

cSpaceDiva

That's what I wondered at first but on the llewellyn site it still describes the cheaper on as a kit and 8" × 5" which is basically the same size as the posh one.

Looking at the Lllewellyn website, the other kits (Apokalypsis, Linestrider, Animal Totem) all show the number of pages in the book when you click on them. Lost Code doesn't state how many pages, so I'm thinking the book is not included.

I am intrigued that it says inspired by the Voynich manuscript, but I'm not really seeing the influence from those few cards.

Tarotwolf

This is a kickstarter project which LS came on board with during the funding drive. I'm guessing the backers will be getting the deck/book set printed by LS about the same time the deck hits the general market.