Easy Tarot Guide

Tarotholic

starting To Study The Tarot again. I have picked up and started to read Easy Tarot Guide, by Marcia Masino.Again. I had purchased this book a couple of years ago. But was reading Joan Bunnings book Learning the Tarot. I was reading of it (Easy tarot Guide)tonight. Reading over the Court Cards, She used words like Might, Could. When Describing the interpretations of the Court Cards. And also usually when i do readings the card interpretations she gives usually on right on the money with my readings. I was wondering what everyone here thinks of this book. If anyone else has read it.

Elizabeth Genco

I've read it. It was one of those books I relied on heavily when I was starting out, one of those books that was really instrumental in my early Tarot studies.

It's a great book, well worth your time, IMHO.

September Pixie

in addition to that book you might think of picking up "How To: Read Tarot" by Sylvia Abraham. She uses a great keyword system :)

NewAgeWeb

September Pixie said:
in addition to that book you might think of picking up "How To: Read Tarot" by Sylvia Abraham. She uses a great keyword system :)
Of course you got to pay shipping too, but you can find many sellers offering this book for just $1 on ABE Books.
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=Abraham&y=7&tn=How+To:+Read+Tarot&x=55

If you're not familiar with ABE Books, it's one of the best places to search for books, even hard to find items. It's a place where 1,000's of book sellers from around the globe list their items. If you can't find what you're looking for there, you probably won't find it anywhere. In many years of using the site, I think I've only once failed to find an item there that I was looking for.

cybercat

Tarotholic said:
starting To Study The Tarot again. I have picked up and started to read Easy Tarot Guide, by Marcia Masino.Again. I had purchased this book a couple of years ago. But was reading Joan Bunnings book Learning the Tarot. I was reading of it (Easy tarot Guide)tonight. Reading over the Court Cards, She used words like Might, Could. When Describing the interpretations of the Court Cards. And also usually when i do readings the card interpretations she gives usually on right on the money with my readings. I was wondering what everyone here thinks of this book. If anyone else has read it.

I bought this years ago and have used it ever since. I am now learning a new deck and finding very helpfull. Her card counting and card combs are so easy.

Annabelle

I love Masino's Easy Tarot Guide. It was the very first tarot book I bought, and I read it cover to cover and worked through most of the exercises. For me it was a fantastic learning tool/guide. And I deeply appreciate her straightforward style and lack of extraneous fluff.

Plus, I was lucky enough to find my copy at a used book store, on a clearance shelf for only $1.00 - can't beat the price! :) There are used copies available all over the internet, too, for very low prices.

Rosie_OBlivion

Annabelle4 pretty much said it all. Marcia Masino's Easy Tarot Guide is an excellent beginner's book. This book is easily on my top 10 recommendations for Tarot beginners!
It is a straight-forward, no B.S. actual WORKBOOK including quizzes at the end of each chapter to test your progress. It's even spiral bound to lay flat (at least my old 1983 copy is).
As much as Mary Greer's Tarot for Yourself is experiential and promotes the intuitive, this book is all about learning/memorizing the card meanings, using upright and reversed card interpretations. Both approaches are equally valid and both books work well together, each coming from a different viewpoint.

Esee

quizzes

Rosie_OBlivion said:
It is a straight-forward, no B.S. actual WORKBOOK including quizzes at the end of each chapter to test your progress. It's even spiral bound to lay flat (at least my old 1983 copy is).

maybe quizzes will be helpful.....
(thinking of running to bookstore at lunch)