Determining baby's sex

Grizabella

gregory said:
My daughter was like that. She knew the moment after :| ahem :|

My mother-in-law, who wasn't then, knew about my first before I did. I wish she had mentioned it sooner; my life would have been less complicated....

Well, with my last one, I knew right then and there. I questioned my sanity for thinking so, though, till I found out for sure. It was April Fool's Day and her due date was Christmas Eve but she came screamin' down the chute really quickly once it got right down to it. She was born a week early, to the day. I had had to spend the first 3 months and the last 3 months on bedrest with her. It was in the days when abortion was only by doctor recommendation and since one of my sons had had 3-day measles which exposed me to them, the doctor recommended I have an abortion but I refused. He said the reason was that the likelihood was that she'd be born blind, deaf, severely retarded with other birth defects or even all of those. She was born absolutely perfect in every way, beautiful and gifted musically and intellectually. :D

If I'm actually in the presence of a pregnant woman, I can usually predict pretty accurately. I just "know" what gender the baby will be by looking at her but I can't tell you precisely how I "know".

canid

You know what burns my bums? In the lamaze classes, they actually tell women childbirth can be orgasmic. I wanted to kill the b*!@!. I'm trying to refrain from telling Holly it's like shoving a potroast through your nostril.

I won't be able to do it till Fri because of her schedule.

Manda

canid said:
You know what burns my bums? In the lamaze classes, they actually tell women childbirth can be orgasmic. I wanted to kill the b*!@!. I'm trying to refrain from telling Holly it's like shoving a potroast through your nostril.

I obviously went to the wrong doctor. :D

manda78

canid said:

orgasmic?
Insanity, I say.

gingerstar

Shebelle said:
I know this is slightly off topic, but I just think that you can tell by looking at the woman if it's a girl or boy. My sis is the mom of 6 and each and every time, the boys were "smaller" -- meaning she didn't seem as puffy all over. The weight was concentrated. The girls were "diffuse" -- she just LOOKED really pregnant.

Anyhow, I have never been wrong using this method :)

my mum does this too but usually when the mum is about 6/7 months. at the moment she thinks its a boy but over the last week or two i've started to change shape. so we shall see :)

gingerstar

nisaba

canid said:

Or, indeed, trying to sh*t a watermelon. Not orgasmic unless you're into pain - and I have friends who are, and who am I to judge. But to me, as the sweet little vanilla person I am, pain and a terror of rupturing in half and dying, just doesn't do it for me.

Grizabella

Watermelon? I think not something that soft. How about a bowling ball? Biggest size. :rolleyes:

But to me, as the sweet little vanilla person I am, pain and a terror of rupturing in half and dying, just doesn't do it for me.

That makes two of us. :bugeyed:

Nothing irritates me more than medical professionals who refer to it as "discomfort" Made me want to grab the doctor by the testicles and stretch them to his waist, then comment about his "discomfort". Except I couldn't do that because I was too busy screaming.

nisaba

Grizabella said:
Watermelon? I think not something that soft. How about a bowling ball? Biggest size.

Nothing irritates me more than medical professionals who refer to it as "discomfort" Made me want to grab the doctor by the testicles and stretch them to his waist, then comment about his "discomfort". Except I couldn't do that because I was too busy screaming.
Er ... ever handled (and cut) an uncut watermelon? they are really hard and difficult to manage. Trust me, you wouldn't want them passing through any of your orifices. Can we say ... discomfort?

gregory

nisaba said:
Er ... ever handled (and cut) an uncut watermelon? they are really hard and difficult to manage. Trust me, you wouldn't want them passing through any of your orifices. Can we say ... discomfort?
AS I recall, they call it MANAGEABLE discomfort......

etherial dreams

Hi Guys!

I am only 21 and have never had children but boy you have scared me now! :p