Book for Lenormand?

Lillie

A while back I got myself some Lenormand cards. They are little ones from 1970 or something. (By time life of all people! I thought they were the people who did masive adverts for compilation Cd's!)
Anyhow they had cute little owls on the back but all they had with them was a teeny tiny little booklet and apart from the card meanings it only had one big spread that used all the cards.
So, I got Titanias cards, they are nice and big, and they had a book with them which I thought would be good.
But although I really like the cards I didn't think the book was all that good. It had more spreads in than the booklet but I found myself wanting more information.
I am now waiting for another deck, this time with the playing card inserts, so now I can know that bit, but all that will be with them will be another little booklet.

So, what I want is a book,one with lots of diferent spreads, and also the history of the cards, and of Lenormand herself.
I'd really like to know what her cards were like and how similar they were to the ones sold under her name today.
Also I'd like to know how many different versions of her cards there are. Most of the ones I see on the net are pretty similar, (except Titanias which are a whole different style) Some have poems, some have playing cards, but the pictures are very similar.
Are they authentically 'hers'? Or are they a later invention that became attatched to her name? did she even exist?
And so on...

You see? I need a book (or books) to tell me all this stuff. I am getting more and more fascinated by these little cards. Help me learn more about them.
If you know about a boo for/about these cards, please let me know.

Moonbow

Hi Lillie

I don't know of any book, if there is one it's probably in French (someone please contradict this!) :) You may find this site useful for a little information about her though:

http://tarocci.com/sub/cafe/lenormand/

I use the Piatnik because there is no poem to be distracted by and therefore I have to work alot harder on my own interpretation of the cards. I also have the Carte Mundi ones (both on shown on the same site). The Urania Blue Owl are the ones I would really like :) ... one day!

I personally have only touched on these cards, I know the meanings, have adapted some to my own but still don't use the cartomancy part of the deck, and I believe that if you are trained in that type of divination, these cards surely open up even more information.

To my mind, Lenormand are a wonderful tool for divination, such a small deck but very in depth readings.

If you have a look at the Lenormand/Titania Draws in Oracle Readings, there are also threads on the card meanings and combinations. As you will see, some have done extensive research of their own and shared it with us.

Lillie

Thanks moonbow*

I found that site really interesting, and had my cards done!
The Ziegunner cards are lovely.

The 'Urania blue owl' cards are exactly the same as mine from 1970, except mine have the poem on. And the owl on the backs of mine is blue!
So cool!

Having looked a little harder at the box for mine, they are not BY 'time life', they are by Muller and US games FOR time life.
As I think there is a conection between the names Muller and Urania it would explain why my cards are the same as the Urania ones (except for the poems).

Thanks for directing me to that site.
It is a shame there doesn't seem to be any books for these cards. Perhaps someone should write one!