Elements missing from chart

Stacie Doll

isthmus nekoi said:
You can always try to encorporate the missing element into your life. For example, I know someone w/no earth placements who is a woodworker. Very earthy!

I wouldn't say that you necessarily find yourself always ungrounded, (e.g. a person lacking in water does have emotions!!) it's only that this is an area that is more challenging and uncomfortable to you. Being patient, consistent, practical, conservative, grounded etc are all qualities that you don't feel immediately comfortable with.

That reminds me, I have book about encoprating all of the elements in to your life. I forgot the name. I'll have to find it. Thanks.

Stacie Doll

Phaedra said:
I don't have any earth in my chart either, and only one planet in a water sign. Fire and Air -- that's me! I was raised by two Capricorns; no wonder we couldn't understand each other. My son is a quadruple Virgo; we are from different planets (pardon the pun).

You will always struggle with completion. Ideas and enthusiam will appeal to you more than concrete results.

I have to tell you, having someone explain my chart in these terms was one of the great AHA! experiences of my life. So many things I had struggled with suddenly made perfect sense.

Now, I'm going to put on my hematite necklace and bake some bread -- very grounding :)

My brother is a Capricorn, & he has the attitude of "just do it already!" He thinks I am really lazy. :)

BlueLotus

Stacie Doll said:
I have no earth signs in my chart @ all. Could that be a significator of conflict in my life because I am not balanced?

I know where you come from. A missing element in one's birth chart can and will pose a problem unless you become aware of it, to metigate the influence.

You can become more 'grounded' by working in the garden for example, walking, and doing rhythmic exercises, learning from and connecting with earth-sign/practical down-to earth people, appreciating hard work and learning perseverance.

You may also want to meditate on the pentacle suit particularly the Ace, Queen, Knight and the 9 and 10, grasping their connotations and deeper meanings.

Stacie Doll

BlueLotus said:
I know where you come from. A missing element in one's birth chart can and will pose a problem unless you become aware of it, to metigate the influence.

You can become more 'grounded' by working in the garden for example, walking, and doing rhythmic exercises, learning from and connecting with earth-sign/practical down-to earth people, appreciating hard work and learning perseverance.

You may also want to meditate on the pentacle suit particularly the Ace, Queen, Knight and the 9 and 10, grasping their connotations and deeper meanings.

I really love Mother & Father of earth from my deck. I keep drawing the Father of Earth (he relates to the king)specifically in my readings.

cSpaceDiva

I am another one with no Earth in my chart. I have no planets in the 2nd or 10th houses, but do have Venus in Pisces in the 6th house. I also read one time that having a lot of fixed signs can make up for a lack of Earth, but I don't get much help there either--only one fixed sign, and it is Moon in Aquarius.

Stacie Doll

I have 2 fixed signs, but both of them are on a cusp.

mooncat2

:)
I have no earth, either, and when I was studying astrology was fascinated to learn:

'that when a person lacks a particular element in their chart they will tend to overcompensate for that lack. In order to to experience what is not inherent in the self , one is drawn to manufacture it for themself or to bring that element into their lives.'

Many of those who lack earth are very materialistic and preoccupied by financial security but that one never sat very well with me. However

: many of my friends are earth signs.
: I married a farmer and have spent a lifetime working on the land and with animals which I love.
: I love nature and have created a beautiful garden.
: my spirituality is very earth centred.
: I know I have a deep need for emotional stability and a structured life - change throws me into turmoil.

All of these things give me the grounding and security I lack.

cSpaceDiva

mooncat2 said:
Many of those who lack earth are very materialistic and preoccupied by financial security but that one never sat very well with me.
I don't consider myself materialistic, but financial security is important to me. And I work for a financial institution. :) It could also be why I like to amass, I mean collect, tarot decks.

I think it's interesting that we've only had comments from people who lack earth. Is there anyone in here missing a different element?

isthmus nekoi

hey Space Diva,

I've got another earth-lack story from a friend of mine. Nothing in earth, not even a major angle. She's an interesting case, very capable in the "earthy" realms - she loves to ride horses, is obsessed w/making her apartment all Martha Stewart, cooks very well. She also flies planes (escaping earth) and has a sky-high debt! The other day she was telling me how much debt she was in, and then sent me a letter w/new fancy personalized return address labels (impractical, unnecessary expense). She'd just bought them. She's like that. The earthy Capricorn in me was crying, "WHY???"

On the other hand, I have a lack in water unless you count my Scorpio Uranus conjunct a Scorpio MC. I'll be honest. Before I came to ATF, I thought all this "psychic" stuff was bunk, just nonsense and I couldn't stand people who were overly sensitive and cried a lot. I just didn't understand it. Suffice it to say, I don't think any of that is silly now.

mooncat2

.....and I couldn't stand people who were overly sensitive and cried a lot.

ROLFLOL! That was me! No earth but way too much water! At this crone stage of my life I think I have overcome it.....mostly!