Hidden meaning in the Chariot?

Debra

Actually, that image is suppose to indicate that he's *arrived* and is triumphant.

The card, in a way is exactly what readers want from the tarot, an after-image that predicts the future: "Drive on, you will be victorious, and able to stand in your vehicle, parked there at the finish line, proud and successful." :D

That's true--"the triumphal war chariot"--good point.
So how would you compare this to the "victory is yours" 6 of Wands?

think

Actually, upon reflection having read the responses in this thread, I'm wondering if I am actually taking the reins after all and maybe the card showing up is saying to me "don't worry, this is the way, you will reap the rewards".

I cut contact altogether with the person I have the issue with. I don't necessarily mean for it to be forever but neither am I doing it to force them to behave a certain way, I don't know how it will end but I guess right now I am hoping they will see the error of their ways and things will be put right... but I wasn't happy with how things were and so I cut contact. We haven't spoken for 7 weeks, save for a birthday message he sent me which I ignored. I have fretted that I've made a mistake and wonder what if I've done the right thing, while at the same time believing I'm not doing anything and that we're stagnated, so perhaps the Chariot is saying this is the right action to take... I was thinking it wasn't an action because it wasn't managing to confront the situation assertively, nor let go, nor just accept the status quo, but it's 'silent treatment' which feels petty and abusive almost, but it's borne from literally not knowing what else I could do. So maybe that IS the taking of the reins.

Thirteen

Chariot is motivated, 6/Wands has to be motivated?

That's true--"the triumphal war chariot"--good point.
So how would you compare this to the "victory is yours" 6 of Wands?
That's a really excellent question. I think that calling the 6/Wands the "Victory" card may be another one of those instances where the word, while not inaccurate, doesn't offer a complete picture of what the card is all about. To my mind, the Chariot is the winner of the race standing there with his muddy car self-satisfied. The 6/Wands is the race car driver surrounded by fans taking selfies with him. The question isn't whether there will be victory—there will be. But what will be required? And what kind of victory?

The Chariot's victory is dependent on the leader getting all the parts to work together: the driver making sure he can control the car, the mechanics there to fix it if it breaks, the people re-fueling it, etc. The 6/Wands victory is dependent on the person getting and giving energy to others; fueled by his wins, fans buy tickets to see him race. This gives him fuel for his car, so that he can keep racing. Which is the downside of the 6/Wands. If he doesn't win, he'll lose fans and not have the fuel to race. Likewise, fans will lose the thing that fuels them--seeing him win. So there is a feedback loop to the 6/Wands. The person can't rest on their laurels; they're going to have to race again and again. The Chariot can rest on its laurels because achieving that victory was its whole reason for being. They wanted to win this one race, they did, now they can put the car back in the garage.

Does that make sense?

Debra

It does make sense.

Personally.... I'm enamored of the old view--the chariot carries the sun through the sky. It never stops.

think

To my mind, the Chariot is the winner of the race standing there with his muddy car self-satisfied. The 6/Wands is the race car driver surrounded by fans taking selfies with him.
So getting both the Chariot and the 6 of Wands is something akin to not only will person A win the battle, as in they will get their own way, so to speak, but person A will personally be seen as the victor. So it's kind of "you wanted this, and now you got it". Overlaps with Justice? Or am I thinking too deeply there?

So there is a feedback loop to the 6/Wands. The person can't rest on their laurels; they're going to have to race again and again. The Chariot can rest on its laurels because achieving that victory was its whole reason for being. They wanted to win this one race, they did, now they can put the car back in the garage.
So in a situation with both the Chariot and the 6 of Wands, this could be a big concours has been won (Chariot) and something of that size is not showing up again (not for a while, at least), but the story doesn't end there, there will be smaller obstacles to be surmounted from time to time in order for the victor to remain a "hero", even if they ultimately already triumphed in the big race.

I do like your explanations, Thirteen. I never thought before about there being that feedback loop.

Thirteen

So getting both the Chariot and the 6 of Wands is something akin to not only will person A win the battle, as in they will get their own way, so to speak, but person A will personally be seen as the victor. So it's kind of "you wanted this, and now you got it". Overlaps with Justice? Or am I thinking too deeply there?
It's more like "Chariot"--you got exactly what you wanted, now, what are you going to do with it? and "6/Wands" you need reassurance that you're the winner, feedback from others, to continue on this course of Victory.

Does that sound familiar given this thread and what you're realizing about "taking the reins"?

Thirteen

Personally.... I'm enamored of the old view--the chariot carries the sun through the sky. It never stops.
I love that, too, but I think we'd both agree that if we're on a road trip, we don't want the Chariot to mean that because we'd really, really like to get to our destination :D Though it would be nice to be in a car that had solar energy and didn't need any kind of refueling :joke:

think

It's more like "Chariot"--you got exactly what you wanted, now, what are you going to do with it? and "6/Wands" you need reassurance that you're the winner, feedback from others, to continue on this course of Victory.

Does that sound familiar given this thread and what you're realizing about "taking the reins"?
Erm, not exactly. See the thing is I trust the cards, I trust there's a message somehow. But unless this is some kind of eventual (but soon, because the Chariot=speedy) outcome, then I definitely don't feel victorious. Not at all. I feel almost the exact opposite of that. Like a "loser" (not in life, just in this situation) taking back the only bit of control that's left to take. Like my chariot had 10 horses and 9 of them bolted/got killed/stolen/I sold off, and now I have one horse left so I'm finally going to try and take the reins and use that to get somewhere. Not halfheartedly, not pessimistically expecting to lose this horse too (I'm sure I won't), but with full intention of making the most of it, but I don't appreciate having that last horse yet because I'm still mourning the loss of the other 9. So maybe the card is just meaning that I'm continuing, still driving the car of my own life, but maybe down a different road, at a different speed, with a different passenger, but still driving, and this brings about new things to see out of the windows, or something.

But... I'll be sure to come back and update the thread when (I realise and am reassured that) victory is mine! Hahahah.

Thirteen

Maybe the message is that you're more of a winner than you think...?

Erm, not exactly.
Well, (1) You said that you thought you'd taken the reins when you stopped taking to this person. Chariot says you got victory. Then you said that the silence is bothering you and you don't feel victorious. So. No feedback, no assurance that you're the victor: 6/Wands. Sounds right on the money to me.

(2) Alternately: It's very possible that this card is about something else entirely. Repeating cards are often trying to get your attention about another matter. The cards saying: "Hey! Need to talk to you about something else!" So, as someone suggested, maybe you should ask the cards what this Chariot is about--what it relates to. You might be shocked to find that it doesn't relate at all to this relationship you keep discussing.

(3) Victory doesn't always feel like you're in the spotlight, being cheered and crowned with roses. Victory can be someone in physical therapy finally able to stand up again, all on their own. Victory can be a difficult recipe coming out perfectly. Victory can be working your behind off on a paper and it getting a good grade. Victory doesn't always mean "I feel like a champion!" But simply "nailed that. Succeeded." And if you feel like a loser and not a champion, then that card might be telling you, "You need to give your life another look..." because you may not be seeing how much of a winner you really are.

think

Well, (1) You said that you thought you'd taken the reins when you stopped taking to this person. Chariot says you got victory. Then you said that the silence is bothering you and you don't feel victorious. So. No feedback, no assurance that you're the victor: 6/Wands. Sounds right on the money to me.

(2) Alternately: It's very possible that this card is about something else entirely. Repeating cards are often trying to get your attention about another matter. The cards saying: "Hey! Need to talk to you about something else!" So, as someone suggested, maybe you should ask the cards what this Chariot is about--what it relates to. You might be shocked to find that it doesn't relate at all to this relationship you keep discussing.

(3) Victory doesn't always feel like you're in the spotlight, being cheered and crowned with roses. Victory can be someone in physical therapy finally able to stand up again, all on their own. Victory can be a difficult recipe coming out perfectly. Victory can be working your behind off on a paper and it getting a good grade. Victory doesn't always mean "I feel like a champion!" But simply "nailed that. Succeeded." And if you feel like a loser and not a champion, then that card might be telling you, "You need to give your life another look..." because you may not be seeing how much of a winner you really are.
Hey, thanks Thirteen.

Yeah, I did say that. I guess I'm still quite confused and that's why I'm not making much sense, maybe. Haha sorry about that.

It is actually one of those situations that I *know*, from being old and wise (tee hee) that it feels horrible now, it feels like a loss, but in reality it might not br a loss at all and one day I will look back and see I did take the reins, I was victorious, but it just doesn't feel that way now, and I am *really* trying to change my own mind on that, haha.

But with regard to your point 2, that is very much something to think about as well. I don't know what it could be referring to, I obviously am living my life, so I know what is going on with me, the only "problem" is the relationship and that card comes up in readings surrounding that (and I have decided not to ask any more of the cards on the relationship itself for a minimum of one month from now), but it's perfectly feasible that it could be about something else. I've got quite a lot going on in my life, and if nothing else feels problematic, then it's obvious that the other things are progressing well. So yeah, it may well be just that - "hey, forget the stupid relationship for a second, everything else is under control, just focus on that!" I will do a specific reading to try and clarify this card though.

Thanks for your wisdom, really appreciate it.