King pentacles clarified by ten of cups

Clotilda

The King of pentacles has been stalking my readings about a man I'm seeing. It makes no sense to me in any of the positions it has appeared in. He is not the King of pentacles and our relationship isn't very King of pentacles either.
our relationship is still casual and very up and down due to him being unemployed and too proud to let me pay for dates. We have become more like pen pals and it's been very frustrating for me.

This card often comes up for his feelings, as well as stalking me as a shadow card. I see King of pentacles feelings as solid and stable, he is in control and has his stuff together, his feelings aren't very flirty, which is how we communicate mostly.

After it cropping up so often I've finally asked the cards - what is this King of pentacles trying to tell me? I got the ten of cups.
This card worries me as it is quite romantic, like, full on marriage and kids right? I've been deliberately "casual" with him because he's much younger than me and I didn't want to appear keen or make out I wanted anything serious.
He's not talking to me at the moment and the King of pentacles came up today when j asked why he hasn't contacted me.

What's going on with this King of pentacles? I'm so confused.

CrystalSeas

Perhaps the 10 of Cups is trying to tell you that the King of Pentacles is a "happily ever after" illusion for you.

As you say, this guy is nothing like the King of Pentacles, but you'd like him to be that for you. The relationship is not a King of Pentacles relationship, but you wish it was.

The 10 of Cups is one of the 'stage' cards in the RWS deck: the figures appear to be standing on a stage, performing. Often the 'happily ever after' feelings that people see in the 10 of Cups are simply what people would like to see happen, not how things actually are IRL.

For whatever reasons, this man is not living up to the role you have created for him. He's not "playing his part" correctly. So, the 10 of Cups may simply be saying that the play you have written for the two of you is just a projection of your imagination, an when the characters are off-stage, they aren't the same people as when they are acting in the drama

Clotilda

Thanks crystal seas. However that isn't my wish at all. As I said he is much younger, I've been very direct with him about not wanting a serious relationship. I would like to see more of him, but he is a long way off my mr right.

Clotilda

Thanks crystal seas. However that isn't my wish at all. As I said he is much younger, I've been very direct with him about not wanting a serious relationship. I would like to see more of him, but he is a long way off my mr right.

CrystalSeas

Thanks for the feedback.

That makes me wonder if I've got it reversed: Could you be the King of Pentacles for him? And he's the one with the 10 of Cups fantasies?

Thirteen

Maturity and a long-term view of the future

Both cards are about being long term, solid, reliable and mature. You say the King/Pents came up for how he feels (about what, exactly? You? The relationship?). From what you say--that he's not talking to you, I'd say that he either feels you want him to be a King/Pent, or that he needs to be that in order to continue with you--and that might have him feeling unhappy.

Remember...this is what he FEELS not what may be true. You may have done your best to keep the relationship casual...but he might still FEEL that you expressed or implied a wish for more--for something serious and long-term. He may also FEEL their is an issue with his lack of money and employment and maturity even if there isn't and you never said a word about it. It may also be that YOU are the King/Pents in this relationship and that, too may bother him. You are more adult, mature, slow and careful and financially secure.

He may not feel comfortable with that. Even if he takes advantage of it.

As for the 10/Cups...it isn't really about "Romance." It's about a relationship with a future. Again, solid, mature, adult enough so that the couple can have and raise children. They need not be rich, but they can't be childish. And they must be on the same page, invested in each other, and with the same vision of the future. What is his vision of the future? What is yours? Are they the same?