Moby Dick/shadow work spread

baconwaffles

I created this spread for inner exploration, inspired by shadow work. It is based on the main characters and themes of Moby Dick. Let me know if you like it and if it works for you.

1. Ahab/you: what represents you in your darkness, your obsessions. The dark hidden part of you that steers you outside of your will, your control.

2. Ishmael: highlights the outer you, what you present to the world.

3. Moby Dick: The dark, unknown, imposition that scares and strikes fear in you. This card represents both your obsession personified and the insurmountable obstacle combined. What you struggle against and plagues you.

4. The Pequod (boat): Represents your environment, where you find yourself, the forces surrounding you.

5. The Sea/ the journey: what amplifies your obsession or struggle, the darkness and your obstacle personified. Represents your direction, highlights where you are headed at the moment.

6. The coffin: this card represents your exit, what has to die inside you in order to make peace with your struggle, with Moby Dick.

Attachments

• screen-shot-2016-03-13-at-7-56-15-pm.jpg
    screen-shot-2016-03-13-at-7-56-15-pm.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 371

FLizarraga

Wow. I love this spread. I bought the Shadow Work book a while ago, but haven't had the time to work with it. This spread looks like a great way to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baconwaffles

Wow. I love this spread. I bought the Shadow Work book a while ago, but haven't had the time to work with it. This spread looks like a great way to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I love literature and Moby Dick is one of my favorite books, very powerful. I wanted to come up with a spread that reflected the book in a way.

FLizarraga

I like that you have made Ahab and Ishmael into facets of the same person. :)

I can't wait to try this. I'll report back as soon as I do.

baconwaffles

Thank you so much for the feedback, it really warms my humble heart. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

witchfawn

I just did it, and enjoyed it, although for card 6, I pulled the Tower... oops. LOL.

baconwaffles

I just did it, and enjoyed it, although for card 6, I pulled the Tower... oops. LOL.
That's a good card to pull for the coffin, very powerful.