New book! (Rana George's The Essential Lenormand)

conurelover

Ahhhhhh. I am reading this book right now. I love it!

This book is a huge help to me already. I am in the exercises section right now. I see she has a section about Lenormand and Tarot which looks great too. Being part of the Lenormand Study Group on fb is a great help to me also (the study head moderator is local!)I like Rana's explanations of when she chooses to do a reading method. The section on Houses looks great too. I am not there yet.

ditcher24

I also have the book and as a complete novice I just skimmed through it first time round. What is the best way to use the book as a learning tool?

philmosc

rana george

I have her book, I read it through once and now use it constantly.The writing is excellent! The definitions of the cards are in depth, and the sample readings are great. This book is very encouraging for any beginner or experienced reader.Love It!!!

Barleywine

Here is a little secret for you..........the Lenormand is simple. Yes, I really did say that the Lenormand is simple. Perhaps this is why the divine is so happy to use it as a vehicle for communication.

In the final analysis, each reader must find his or her own way. My way is a way of simplicity.

As a Lenormand beginner with extensive tarot experience, I find that the cards speak to me with a clear, firm voice, making their use seem effortless and, I suppose for that reason alone, "simple." Based on what I have read here and elsewhere, I will probably buy Rana's book at some point for my library since I understand her writing style is quite lucid. But I think I will spend the money on Andy's e-book first and then see what Caitlin Matthews comes up with next. I have already started a notebook of brief meanings and other snippets of valuable information from various blogs. I would probably pick Rana's meanings that resonate best with me and add them manually to my notebook.

kalliope

Aside from her extremely readable, friendly and approachable writing voice, I think that Rana's most helpful insights for me were in seeing her connect the cards to everyday concerns. She uses real life readings as examples for each card, and by the end of the book you've gotten to see a good number of readings in action, so to speak.

Some have mentioned that her lists of meanings are too long. But that's not quite true: her CORE meanings are very brief and are found in Appendix C, as a Quick Study Guide. In the longer cards section, though, she does give lists of what each card could mean in various life areas (work, future, love, health, etc.) I don't think she means for people to memorize such things, but for me, it helps a lot to see how other people extrapolate the core meanings into specific, everyday concerns while still remaining faithful to their traditional ones. It helps to broaden my Lenormand mind and gets my own neurons to start making connections in similar ways.

Mellaenn

This book has truly helped me to get over the hump with learning Lenormand. The information is well-organized and oh, my, the personal stories about each card! That is how I best learn a system of divination, by associating the card with an example from real life. It's just like Rana is speaking to you; her writing style is very accessible and easy to understand.

I've got a number of books now, thanks to the fact that people who know the system are writing good books in English, and they are each helping me in different ways. In the meantime, I'm going to download a Kindle version of Rana's book so that I have it with me everywhere.

magpie9

I loe this book. I feel like I've found my teacher. My other Lennie books are gathering dust, and may go to the used bookstore soon. She is absolutely the best.

Winterchild

I just got this book... Looks very full... But I can't find keywords for cards other than the Book & Whip... So I will look them up and write on the relevant pages... So much to learn!!!

tarotlyn

I just got this book... Looks very full... But I can't find keywords for cards other than the Book & Whip... So I will look them up and write on the relevant pages... So much to learn!!!
:heart::) Winterchild, check in the very back of the book.
Rana has a section there with keywords for each card as well as
other sections for some really good quick info.

Edited to add: In her Appendix C has a quick and wonderful "Interpretation Guide" with the main keywords for each card.
Appendix D is also a quick keyword guide for the positive, negative, and neural cards.

Hugs, Lyn

tarotlyn

:heart::) Winerchild, and those that might want to know, here is a little review I wrote
for Rana's book. Maybe it will help you to know what is inside...BUT I didn't cover everything in her book:

The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling
by Rana George
Edition: Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE ***ONLY*** LENORMAND BOOK YOU WILL EVER NEED! WONDERFUL!, May 14, 2014

Verified Purchase
This review is from: The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling (Paperback)

NOTHING IS missing in Rana George's book!!! It is EXCELLENT!
She brilliantly covers EVERYTHING in a very easy to understand style.
You will love how QUICKLY you will learn to read Lenormand cards because of reading this book.

This author goes into explaining the GT in a way that EVERYONE CAN read it easily!!! What could be better than that?
All of her other many spreads and methods of reading them are very clear and they do work!

I love the way she explains the meanings (for each and every card) regarding questions about EVERY category of life.

Here are the categories she covers 'with EACH card' showing how the meaning changes:
Future, with the woman or man cards, work, love, health - body - and Spirit, and money.

Then she offers the following (for each card): Advice or action, Orientation (negative, positive, and neutral cards).

She also shows (for each card): Objects and areas (a physical place or location).
Then she follows up with a personal experience (story) she has had for each card. Very interesting and enlightening.

And if that isn't enough information on each card, she then explains how each card fits into
the GT and about how it would affect and change the meaning of the card, when certain cards
that are positive or negative, are surrounding it.

She even teaches her unique spreads that she has used in her many years as a pro reader. They are really quick good spreads!
I especially love her 'decision' spread - excellent.

The author explains how to work with combination cards. Also explains the Lenormand 'houses' and 'chaining' of houses.

Appendix A has the complete timeline and history on the life of Mlle Lenormand - very interesting for sure.

In her Appendix B ("Focus Cards") shows you which cards you can pick to represent your question - valuable.

In her Appendix C has a quick and wonderful "Interpretation Guide" with the main keywords for each card.
Appendix D is also a quick keyword guide for the positive, negative, and neural cards.

There are even more helpful subjects in her appendix sections, such as using Lenormand cards with Tarot cards, etc.
but my review is quite long enough now - plus I think you get the picture about what a great learning book this is!

And it is the BEST book out there so far AND THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL EVER NEED ON LENORMAND... get it and try it!
If you get them all and then you compare them, you will see that I am right - it IS the best!