Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

zan_chan

Gosh, Kat-- are you sure you're done with Will? My copy just arrived earlier today and I am swooning more than Dawson at the Creek. What a beautiful deck!

Mais c'est la vie. What isn't working, just isn't working I suppose.

Had another weird dream with Hermann in it last night. Ended in me waking up to the incredibly blinding pain of a charlie horse in my calf. Felt like my muscle was ready to burst. What is he trying to tell me with that?? Who knew this study was going to require a full physical?

thorhammer

What, in the name of all that's holy, is a charlie horse????

Yes, Will is a beautiful deck, no argument there. I'm still happy to read with it, but the intensive study of it is just . . . revolting to me. Truly. Sad, but there you go.

That reminds me - off to the front page now.

\m/ Kat

yirabeth

Hehe, a charlie horse is a muscle cramp :)

Zan, I have been told that those particular sorts of charlie horses are due to not enough calcium in your diet... if it continues, and not just a message for you, try upping your calcium intake :)

I used to get those a LOT..almost nightly. A doctor told me to up my calcium, and now I only get them rarely..of course I start drinking a lot of milk on the first one! hehe

cardlady22

yirabeth said:
Hehe, a charlie horse is a muscle cramp :)
As in wild, almost-kill-you horse. My husband and many of his side of the family get them, especially at night. Literally wake up with them.

zan_chan

Seriously. It was a blinding white-light of pain. Seriously thought my leg might just explode. Actual fire could have been involved.

Thanks Hermann.

Hmm, calcium. Sounds like a good enough reason for a trip to Cold Stone to me...

cardlady22

Just drinking milk isn't enough though. Hubby has always been a milk baby. Make sure you are getting the vitamins & minerals that help your body absorb it.

zan_chan

I've been on a low-carb diet the past few weeks and my body is literally melting. 14 pounds lost in less than three weeks. So that's probably the culprit.

Anyway, totally off topic. New mod Kat is going to yell at us if we don't give it a rest...

thorhammer

Just relate the discussion to how you're living with Hermann and we're all good :p

Don't get me started on the pro-dairy propaganda, or the pro-meat campaign. Dairy is not the best dietary source of calcium when you factor in the cons of scoffing a food that is designed by evolution for infant mammals and their particular intestinal conditions. Almost every adult human (and most other mammals) is lactose-intolerant to a degree. Cut the dairy down and see how much better you feel, seriously. Also, dairy farming is an ecological disaster, as well as an animal rights minefield.

Good sources of calcium that don't have the downsides of dairy include almonds, brewer's yeast, bok choy, Brazil nuts, broccoli, cabbage, dried figs, kelp, dark leafy greens (dandelion, turnip, collard, mustard, kale, Swiss chard), hazelnuts, oysters, sardines, and canned salmon (with edible bones).

Maybe Hermann wants you to be healthy? :)

\m/ Kat

Bat Chicken

Bat Chicken said:
Congrats, Kat!!!

I will miss you - I am now alone in my study of the Blake. :( But looking at where you are coming from and where I have been going with it, I suppose it is no surprise. Even my understanding of Blake is having a effect on how I view the deck. There are a lot of conflicting philosophies behind the art that isn't from Blake's own writing (particularly Milton) and cohesion is proving to be just as fleeting as the Greenwood. It has been hugely enlightening, however!

I have had a week from H** and I am wanting to get back to my cards, but, I am not sure if I will be able to before Monday. A few deep breaths... :bugeyed:
Looks like I might get Saturday to myself after all and I look forward to visiting with Blake. But this week has still been H*** and it's not nearly over...

Not nearly....

thorhammer

Really??? That sounds horrible. Nice that you will get Saturday, though.

My Saturday is nearly over and I've de-stored my Thoth but that's it . . . too busy doing housework :p

\m/ Kat