Less twee oracle deck wanted..

Shibboleth

I have a couple of oracle decks, but they & all the others I have looked at are far to twee & sickly sweet to be of any real use to me for readings. Personally I need something more practical, something with less total sweetness to them, something that has an edge to it..
I do love Richard Bach & all that other 1970's lets sit in a circle & make like it means something Man" stuff..But for reading I want something with more body to it, something that has depth..
Does anyone know of any oracle decks with quotations or similar on them, that need intuition to read & have some depth to them??..
As I said, I am not knocking the twee sweetness, I am sure some love them, but for me, they leave me cold & empty...

Chronata

I would suggest these two...

Morgans Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/morgans/

It's very 70's. At first glance it might seem precious or twee...or weirdly random, but the more you use it, the more in depth and truthful it becomes. It may take some work though.

My second recommendation is this one
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/angelynx/

The paintings are inspiring abstracts, and the words on each card speak in riddles, but they work great for me. It's meant to work with both the left brain and the right brain at the same time.

AJ

If she has any left I would wholeheartedly recommend Chronata's Minute Lenormand

edited to add, sorry, I missed reading the Oracle part ;)

I love oracles, look in my usercp.

magpie9

You might like the Guardians of Wisdom. Not twee, not sticky sweet, but very useful, down to earth and easy to use. I love the honesty of the reversed meanings. It's what makes the deck.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/guardians-of-wisdom/
They have it listed as a tarot, but it really isn't. It's an Oracle. Solandria's review hits it on the head very nicely. And the art is wonderful.

Shibboleth

Thank you all it looks to be the Morgan Tarot & Guardians of wisdom are the two that I will try to work with, both have a simplicity that I like...

Miss Divine

I just acquired the Tao oracle. What a great deck!! You do not have to use the I-ching with these cards. They work wonderfully as a stand alone oracle. I love my Lenormands, but I don't always want to use them. The Tao oracle reads easily straight out of the box. I am sick and tired of the sweet and fluffy decks too. I need substance! I don't need an oracle that tells me to ask the angels for help, go outside, or drink more water etc. I am not an odiot! I don't need cards for that.

ravynangel

deleted :)

Shibboleth

Thank you all, there are several decks there, I will certainly get if I can..I have put an order in for the Morgan Robbins deck & will get the Psydeck asap & will get some of the others as I find them...
The Morgan deck was exactly what I was looking for as is the Psycard deck...I come from a mystic, Quabbalistic background & both fit my needs & style perfectly....Thank you all...

Edited to add the Psydeck is now on order too....